Children named after tv characters or celebrities

Replies

• Ali_momof2
    Ali_momof2 Posts: 478 Member
    My youngest son's name is William Patrick, I loved The Smashing Pumpkins in high school, but his name also after his dad's brother who passed away and my great grandfather ( or so I tell ppl so they don't think I'm nuts, but really I loved BillyCorgan ).
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    If I ever get pregnant again and it's a boy, I really want his middle name to be Tiberius but my hubby says no :-(
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    My daughter is Macy after William H Macy.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    My youngest daughter's middle name is Leia.
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    My son is Harris. We always get the "oh after Harrison Ford?". No its not actually because we would have called him Harrison then. :)

So my son wasn't named after a celebrity but inadvertently was

I also figure skate and it's the name of a compulsory dance so in certain circles he's named after a dance…also no
  • LordOberon
    LordOberon Posts: 73 Member
    My kids' names are Jay and Silent Bob. My daughter is Silent Bob. It's kind of the inverse of A Boy Named Sue.

Smokin weed, smokin weed.
    Doin' coke, drinkin beers.
    Drinkin beers, beers beers.
    Rollin' fatties, smokin blunts.
    Who smokes the blunts? We smoke the blunts
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    My mom named me after a character on her soap opera. Everyone thinks I was named from Bewitched, but not so. I'm Samantha.

*edit for spelling

I'm named after a soap opera character too (Hillary). My sister's name is Samantha.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    My eldest son is Anders. heard the name as a teenager when Anders Hedberg came from Sweden to play hockey in NA for the Winnipeg Jets.

My son is 33 and I still love his name.

Best!
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    My first son is named Lane after Lane Frost (my favourite movie at the time was 8 seconds) w ho was a bull rider. My second son is named Zakk after Zakk Wylde the musician (guitarist for Ozzy for many years as well as Black Label Societyand Pride and Glory front man).
  • NotRailMeat
    NotRailMeat Posts: 509 Member
    My daughter is named Kendall after Kendall Hart, played by Sarah Michelle Gellar on "All My Children". Yes, my ex had no life and spent all day watching soaps while I worked to pay the bills.

240px-Sarah_Michelle_Geller_as_Kendall_Hart.jpg
  • kelliehaley
    kelliehaley Posts: 9 Member
    My son's name is Shane after Shane Donovan from Days of Our Lives. I was a young mom and watched the show while I was on bed rest. He will be 29 next month and I still love his name! I'm glad he wasn't a girl because the name I had picked is hideous. HA!
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    My daughter's middle name is Grace after Grace Kelly who I was a little obsessed with when I was a kid.

If we'd had a son, my husband wanted to name him Bear after Bear Grylls.
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    My daughter is named after a band called Eisley.
  • HappyBlues
    HappyBlues Posts: 94 Member
    My son is Aiden, not necessarily after Aidan from Sex and the City, but that is where I fell in love with the name... and maybe the character too. ;)
  • Pedalpush
    Pedalpush Posts: 246 Member
    My husband and I may or may not have named our first born Tyler after Tyler Durden from Fight Club... :wink:
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    My son's name is Jasper but I swear to all that is holy that it is NOT after the damn sparkly vampire...I was hoping everyone would forget about that character when I picked the name, but no. I have had several people ask me if that's where I got it... *sigh* :o|

I would love to name a boy Edward, but never will!!
  • vicbre2010
    vicbre2010 Posts: 33 Member
    One of my favorite movies is Endless Love so I named my daughter after Brooke Shield's character- Jade
  • Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    I was named Melanie after "Gone With the Wind" and my daughter was named by her than older sister after the show ICarly, but we spelled it Karly.
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    My Son, Austin is named for Stone Cold Steve Austin - my hubby & I watched a LOT of WWE and WWF when I was preggers with him, his middle name is Mitchell, named for my Hubby's childhood best friend.

Our daughter Ashley Jordan is a name assembled from a list of names hubby handed me...then again I babysat a little boy named Jordan as a teen and the name stuck with me.
  • ekztawas
    ekztawas Posts: 114 Member
    I was named after Lesley Ann Warren.