Children named after tv characters or celebrities

Replies

• cycov
    cycov Posts: 31 Member
    My oldest Daughter is named Nia. I stole it off of Nia Peoples not because I like her music I just liked her name
    If we would have had a boy he would have been Ozzy
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    My daughter's name is Ariana - same as Dumbledores sister in Harry Potter-- completely unintentional she was born before the books came out-- a little annoyed at that when I read the books- also annoyed that now Ariana Grande is famous-- Tried to give my daughters unique names
  • Megan101792
    Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
    My dad wanted to name me Iffy from Absolutely Fabulous...not my name, though.
  • morlanchaos
    morlanchaos Posts: 25 Member
    My youngest son is Bodhi......Patrick Swayze's name in the movie Point Break

My daughter is Logan. Only knew 1 person named Logan (a boy) back then and it seemed like a strange name. Then heard it used as a female's name years later on a soap opera. Loved it!
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Daughter's middle name is Éowyn, a character from Lord of the Rings.
  • scrapalooza
    scrapalooza Posts: 335 Member
    My daughter is named Parker from the show The Pretender. It was actually the characters last name, they called her Miss Parker & I wanted it for my daughters first name.
  • My sons name is Leland, after dog the bounty hunters son Leland, i love unusual and rare names and when people ask his name they are always like Whatttt? Haha at least hell hopefully be the only Leland in his school ;)
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    My sons name is Leland, after dog the bounty hunters son Leland, i love unusual and rare names and when people ask his name they are always like Whatttt? Haha at least hell hopefully be the only Leland in his school ;)

If my 7 month old had been a boy, the middle name would have been Leland (it's Leeloo instead), but after Leland, MI actually, where my husband proposed.
  • jusnjas
    jusnjas Posts: 9 Member
    I named my daughter, Jasmine. You guessed it...my little princess!! She just turned 15 and she is a sassy little princess still! :)
  • I knew a kid named Jake after Jake and the Fatman. His full name wasn't Jacob either, just Jake.
  • Screwedntattooed
    Screwedntattooed Posts: 238 Member
    We named our last son Logan after wolverine :)
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    My youngest child's middle name is Leia, after princess Leia, wanted to make it her first name but hubby was having none of it ????

My daughter's name is Leia!!! Big brother suggested it and we loved it!

We :heart: Star Wars!
  • ACanadian22
    ACanadian22 Posts: 377 Member
    My son is Niklas - spelling inspired by quite a few Scandinavian hockey players mostly on the Red Wings ;)

Kronwall is one of the best! My best friend had 3 kids and all were named after general hospital people.
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    My sons name is Leland, after dog the bounty hunters son Leland, i love unusual and rare names and when people ask his name they are always like Whatttt? Haha at least hell hopefully be the only Leland in his school ;)

and his daughter's name is Leia! I saw it on an episode (yes I watch it :blushing: ) heard it and was like wha???

ps

I love the name Leland :love:
  • emmacken
    emmacken Posts: 161 Member
    Not my kid, but a friend of mine named his son Auron after the character from Final Fantasy X. I've been toying with the idea of naming a future child Vincent after Vincent Valentine from Final Fantasy VII, but so far haven't convinced my better half.
  • howletta
    howletta Posts: 11 Member
    One of my daughter's name is Arya after Game of Thrones.
  • StunningLegerity
    StunningLegerity Posts: 193 Member
    I don't have any children yet, but I've had the name Rory picked out for a daughter (if I have one) because I love her and really enjoyed watching Gilmore Girls for so many seasons with my mom. :smile:
  • workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    I wanted to name my son Rory after the character in Doctor Who - the hubby was having none of it.

We eventually settled on Christopher - a nod to both Christopher Eccleston (ninth Doctor) and Christopher Robbin from Winnie the Pooh!!
  • My dad wanted to name me Iffy from Absolutely Fabulous...not my name, though.

Saffy?

WzMPt2z.gif
  • LordOberon
    LordOberon Posts: 73 Member
    One of my daughter's name is Arya after Game of Thrones.

Now we're talking. Finally a good mother posting on this thread :drinker: