Anyone have any Crock Pot Recipes to share?

Replies

• Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,097 Member
    flanks steak or skirt steak
    juice of 1-2 limes
    1 jar salsa

place whole steak in bottom of crock pot, add lime juice and salsa. Cook on low for 6-8 hours depending on how your crock pot cooks.

Makes wonderful Mexican flavors shredded beef for tacos, burritos, etc.

I do this same thing except use chicken. Love it and can use it for so many things.

1 1/2lbs chicken breast
    Any spices that you want
    1 cup salsa or however much you want.

I usually do about 4lbs of chicken at a time with about 3 cups of salsal...garlic powder...cumin...etc...etc

Then shred the chicken and use it over pasta...for tacos...sandwiches....

Cook on high for 3 or 4 hours or low for 5 or 6.

Easy...Easy...Easy...
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Bump
  • andeey
    andeey Posts: 709 Member
    Bump for later.
  • Krikit34
    Krikit34 Posts: 125 Member
    Same with the chicken with salsa as above. Use it in chicken tacos one night, and then roll in corn tortillas, top with enchilada sauce and cheese and heat in the oven the second night. Use it on salads for lunch.

Also lasagne with this recipe: http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/RecipePage.aspx?recipeid=135321

Pork Roast: Brown it stove top first, then crock pot until done. Hot pork and veggie dinner, shredd some for carnitas - pork tacos, toss some with BBQ for pulled pork.
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    bump for later readng.
  • DrPepperLeigh74
    DrPepperLeigh74 Posts: 236 Member
    Buffalo Ranch Chicken......
    3-4 Chicken Breasts
    1 bottle Franks Red Hot sauce
    1 packet of Dry Ranch dressing Mix

Place chicken breasts in crockpot , pour Franks Red Hot over Chicken, Pour packet of Ranch over Chicken and Franks. Let cook about 4-6 hours. Shred the chicken when done. Serve on hamburger buns, or soft tortillas, flat bread. IT is sooooooo good. If you like hot wings you will like this recipe. It makes the house smell amazing while it cooks :smile:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    flanks steak or skirt steak
    juice of 1-2 limes
    1 jar salsa

place whole steak in bottom of crock pot, add lime juice and salsa. Cook on low for 6-8 hours depending on how your crock pot cooks.

Makes wonderful Mexican flavors shredded beef for tacos, burritos, etc.

You can do the same thing with chicken breasts. Super easy! I use the fresh, refrigerated salsa instead of the stuff in the jar.

*edit: oops, I see others beat me to it!
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    :flowerforyou:
  • Baconist
    Baconist Posts: 74 Member
    Sweet Hawaiian Crock-Pot Chicken

2 lb. Chicken tenderloin chunks
    1 cup pineapple juice
    1/2 cup brown sugar
    1/3 cup soy sauce

Combine all together, cook on low in Crock-pot 6-8 hours...that's it! Done! Serve with brown rice and you have a complete, easy meal!!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,030 Member
    bump
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    I do split pea soup. A 1 pound bag of split peas, water and/or chicken stock, carrots, onion, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and if I have it a ham bone. Really easy, delicious, and filling.

I also do a popular Pinterest recipe for chicken - it's not low calorie, but you could probably sub ingredients for low cal/fat version. It's a pound of boneless chicken breast, 1 can cream of chicken soup, 8 ounces cream cheese, 1 envelope Good Seasons salad dressing mix, 1/2 cup water. I add a chopped onion and a can of mushrooms. (You could halve the amount of cream cheese and it's just as good.) It's really delicious served over rice with a side of steamed green peas. Though the key is not over cooking the chicken. It really only needs 3-4 hours in the crockpot max.

Then there's taco soup. Brown 1lb lean ground beef with a chopped onion. Add to the crockpot with 1 can each: kidney beans, pinto beans, black beans, corn, and 2 cans Rotel tomatoes. Add 1 envelope taco seasoning and 1 envelope Hidden Valley ranch dressing mix.

Thanks for the Taco Soup recipe!
    My friends mom used to make this when I was little because you could make so much and feed a crowd!
    She would have a buffet style set up where you could add different toppings...shredded cheese, sour cream and a variety of chips to choose from (I always chose Doritos :happy: ) to crumble/break on top before mixing it up!
    I never knew how to make it but its something I always remember about going there :smile:
  • nellyb2011
    nellyb2011 Posts: 168 Member
    BUMP
  • PlatypusPerry37
    PlatypusPerry37 Posts: 10 Member
    Pork roast to shred for burritos:
    - One pork roast
    - Salt, cumin, chili pepper, onion powder, oregano, and garlic powder.
    - Bay leaves
    - Chicken broth

Combine all spices (if you don't want to do this you can buy a pork rub - won't be quite the same but it would do). Take the spices and rub the pork. The pork likes rubbing. Love the pork.
    Put 3 bay leaves in the bottom of the crock pot. Place pork on bay leaves.
    Get some chicken broth (sorry, I have no idea measurements on this stuff) and pour around the pork making sure not to pour the spices off. The fluid should be about one to two inches around the pork (start with less you can add more as needed). If you can then halfway through cooking time turn roast and slightly shred but don't completely shred. Cook for 6 to 8 hours on low. When done shred! I always love eating some of the liquid with it (putting that on the burrito) but not everyone likes a juicy burrito.
  • zumbalinda22
    zumbalinda22 Posts: 182 Member
    bump for later!
  • PlatypusPerry37
    PlatypusPerry37 Posts: 10 Member
    Split Pea Soup:
    Ham - optional (this is where you can decide if you want ham hocks or just a ham slice - a ham slice will be leaner)
    Split peas
    Onion
    Zucchini
    Carrots
    Celery
    Bay leaves
    Chicken broth if desired
    Salt and pepper to taste
    ----
    Rinse split peas and put in crock pot
    Dice onion, carrots, and celery - add those too. Obviously.
    Shred zucchini and add that
    Add 2 or 3 bay leaves
    If you're using ham hocks you will want to add them now but if you're using a ham slice you can wait to add the ham - especially if it's the precooked kind. If it's just a smoked ham slice I would cube it and add halfway through. If you want a little extra flavor you can add a little chicken broth (especially if you're not using any ham) but otherwise it's not really necessary.
    I've found this recipe usually needs about 6-8 cups of water depending on your crock, how hot it cooks, and how thick/watery you want it. When I make pea soup without the zucchini I need more water because the zucchini gives off a lot of water. I cook this for about 6 hours on low and check it every couple hours.
  • jennifurballs
    jennifurballs Posts: 247 Member
    Buffalo Ranch Chicken......
    3-4 Chicken Breasts
    1 bottle Franks Red Hot sauce
    1 packet of Dry Ranch dressing Mix

Place chicken breasts in crockpot , pour Franks Red Hot over Chicken, Pour packet of Ranch over Chicken and Franks. Let cook about 4-6 hours. Shred the chicken when done. Serve on hamburger buns, or soft tortillas, flat bread. IT is sooooooo good. If you like hot wings you will like this recipe. It makes the house smell amazing while it cooks :smile:
    Do you put the whole bottle over the chicken? How many ounces?
  • DrPepperLeigh74
    DrPepperLeigh74 Posts: 236 Member
    Yes it is the whole bottle. I am not sure of the ounces. It is the smaller bottle of the sizes of Franks.
  • Kitti03
    Kitti03 Posts: 5 Member
    bump for later!
  • southernmom3
    southernmom3 Posts: 181 Member
    I do split pea soup. A 1 pound bag of split peas, water and/or chicken stock, carrots, onion, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and if I have it a ham bone. Really easy, delicious, and filling.

I also do a popular Pinterest recipe for chicken - it's not low calorie, but you could probably sub ingredients for low cal/fat version. It's a pound of boneless chicken breast, 1 can cream of chicken soup, 8 ounces cream cheese, 1 envelope Good Seasons salad dressing mix, 1/2 cup water. I add a chopped onion and a can of mushrooms. (You could halve the amount of cream cheese and it's just as good.) It's really delicious served over rice with a side of steamed green peas. Though the key is not over cooking the chicken. It really only needs 3-4 hours in the crockpot max.

Then there's taco soup. Brown 1lb lean ground beef with a chopped onion. Add to the crockpot with 1 can each: kidney beans, pinto beans, black beans, corn, and 2 cans Rotel tomatoes. Add 1 envelope taco seasoning and 1 envelope Hidden Valley ranch dressing mix.

these sounds really good. The Taco Soup one sounds like a winner
  • StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    I made chicken soup with the remnants of a rotisserie chicken. Cooked the chicken all day with an onion and garlic cloves, then pulled out the carcass to debone and added yellow squash, carrots, celery, nuked potatoes (to make sure they were cooked in time for dinner) and a can of garbanzo beans. Cooked on high for an hour, then returned the chicken meat sans bones... and cooked some more until dinnertime.

We are definitely going to start eating more soups and stews from the crockpot now that the weather is starting to get comfortable again!
    this sounds great! love the rotisserie chicken from our grocery store. thanks for sharing this will have to give it a try soon

Make your own rotisserie chicken in your crockpot.

Loosely ball up several pieces of foil and place in bottom of crockpot.
    One small whole chicken.
    Spray with Pam (or generic cooking spray)
    season with whatever flavoring you like (seasoning salt or garlic or lemon/pepper or BBQ rub)
    Place breast up cook 4 1/2 to 5 hours on high

If I'm going to remove skin before eating I also loosen skin from breast and rub some seasoning directly on chicken meat.