21 Day Fix Results?

Looking for some motivation to get into the whole 21 day fix. I attempted it last week but fell off the wagon hard and I need something that can just push me toward the right direction. Preferably no beach body coaches, I am looking for people who have completed one round and what their results were!

Thanks in advance! :)

Replies

• Hi!

I completed 1 round of the 21 Day Fix about a month ago. My husband also did it with me! I lost 8 pounds and 5 inches off of my total measurements. He lost 12 pounds and 7 inches off of his totally measurements. I was looking to lose about 10 pounds, which is the amount of weight I had gained after my wedding. I have accomplished that goal. My husband has lost 70 pounds over the last 2 years and is under 200 pounds for the first time since High School. The 21 Day Fix helped him push thru a plateau. We are still following the food plan 90% of the time - it's really all about portion control! And, we are still doing the DVD workouts 5 days a week. He does other weight training and I am a Zumba addict so I do that on the side.

At what point in the process (what day even) did you fall off the wagon? Did something happen? You mention NO Beachbody coaches? Did you have a coach that you didn't like or wasn't supportive? Do you have a friend that you can do the Fix with?

I think it's totally do-able program and in my opinion one of the more manageable ones out there! It really teaches you a lot about food and portions and I liked the 30 minute workouts! You get in, and get out w/ those workouts and get on with your busy day! :)
  • Hi, what is the 21 Day fix..and how can I get started
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    I'd be interested in hearing some results also. My friends wants to try it and I told her I would do it with her. I'm not sure yet when we will be starting it. We will be doing it without the Shakeology though.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Hi, what is the 21 Day fix..and how can I get started

You don't know what it is and yet you are ready to get started?
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    What do you do on the 22nd day?
  • Yes,I completed it. Cant say I see results, I will do another round
    If you read the reviews and the case study for these types a programs, most people required 1-2 rounds befor they actually saw results. Just keep moving, the change will come.
  • KandGRanch
    KandGRanch Posts: 131 Member
    Did a round, hated it. I think I lost maybe 1/2" and a few lbs,but I could never make a decent MEAL out of my containers, and I am NOT a grazer so was pretty unhappy through the whole program. I hated eating ONE good meal a day and ending up having to just snack for the rest of the day.

The workouts are nice and easy though, good to use as a warmup or if you don't really want to get sweaty before going somewhere.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Yes,I completed it. Cant say I see results, I will do another round
    If you read the reviews and the case study for these types a programs, most people required 1-2 rounds befor they actually saw results. Just keep moving, the change will come.

You didn't see results and yet you want to do it again?
  • Love your outlook! Keep at it! The results with this program WILL come!
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Hi!

I completed 1 round of the 21 Day Fix about a month ago. My husband also did it with me! I lost 8 pounds and 5 inches off of my total measurements. He lost 12 pounds and 7 inches off of his totally measurements. I was looking to lose about 10 pounds, which is the amount of weight I had gained after my wedding. I have accomplished that goal. My husband has lost 70 pounds over the last 2 years and is under 200 pounds for the first time since High School. The 21 Day Fix helped him push thru a plateau. We are still following the food plan 90% of the time - it's really all about portion control! And, we are still doing the DVD workouts 5 days a week. He does other weight training and I am a Zumba addict so I do that on the side.

At what point in the process (what day even) did you fall off the wagon? Did something happen? You mention NO Beachbody coaches? Did you have a coach that you didn't like or wasn't supportive? Do you have a friend that you can do the Fix with?

I think it's totally do-able program and in my opinion one of the more manageable ones out there! It really teaches you a lot about food and portions and I liked the 30 minute workouts! You get in, and get out w/ those workouts and get on with your busy day! :)

Are you a coach? You sound like a coach! Solid first post though

OP - All the 21 day fix does is take your money.
    You can do it for free.....eat a caloric deficit and move a little more.
  • In one week:

Wendie: 9.2 pounds
    Deidra: 2 pounds
    Stephanie: 5 pounds
    Kara: 5 pounds
    Candace: 5 pounds

If you don't stick to the meal plan EXACTLY you will not see results! It's rough, but being in a support group really helped me and running them helps me stay accountable.

It seems like you don't really like coaches, but your coaches job is to support you through the program. Have you reached out to them at all?
  • My thoughts exactly. LOL.
  • arhummel
    arhummel Posts: 32 Member
    On The 21 Day Fix in one month I lost 13 pounds and over 10 inches. I loved the eating clean part but the workouts not so much.
  • nana74074
    nana74074 Posts: 1 Member
    I am a very shy guy and I never post anything cuz I don't really like to put myself out there, though I love reading success stories for inspiration. I started my weight loss journey on June 1st 2014 by just walking on the treadmill with a starting weight of 422 lbs. I lost about 10 lbs after the first month, then my wife introduced 21 day fix to me, which I thought was the biggest scam ever and was a waste of our hard earned money to buy a few containers and a stupid book. Needless to say, I decided to try it, but rather than go for only 21 days, I made it a lifestyle change. I don't know if its the 21 day fix or the walking 45 minutes a day on the treadmill 4 days a week, but this morning I weighed myself and I am down to 359 lbs, I kid you not, no supplement pills (only a vitamin pill in the morning), no surgery, nothing special being done. I don't count calories, I just eat measured portions every day of whatever the heck I want (with a few exceptions of course, no soda, no fried foods, minimal white carbs, etc). The program comes with a bunch of workout videos but my lazy fat *kitten* wasn't about to do some silly workout video in my living room with the kids snickering in the background (in my opinion). F.Y.I. I am NOT A SPOKESPERSON for the 21 Day Diet, just an average guy who decided to make a lifestyle change using the 21 Day diet as a model to portion out my food, so in my opinion, what have you got to lose, give it a shot, it might help you out.
  • I just started it yesterday (the containers, not the workouts...I'm doing c25k for workouts) and think more than anything, it will help me get a handle with portion control and making sure I'm eating the right types of foods. When counting calories, I have a tendency to a) misjudge portion sizes and b) eat the wrong foods so I'm on sugar overload and feel like crap. I am sure there are other programs that do this, and you have to do whatever works for you. I am not a coach, I do not drink the shakes (I tried, they taste horrible to me). I use programs like this mostly to help me through plateaus. If I'm stuck at a weight for a couple of weeks, I use short-term programs to push me through to the next level. Good luck!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Before yesterday, I would have had no idea what you were talking about. Thanks to being at the hospital at 4:30am and seeing the infomercial, it seems like a waste of money. It's essentially just portion control and an eating plan plus a workout video. You can do all of that yourself for much cheaper.

Find a workout you enjoy. I'd never stick with that program because I don't have coordination and I'd hate every second of the video. I personally like lifting weights and elliptical for cardio. Finding a program you enjoy and don't see as something you HAVE to do is key. I have no problem getting to the gym in the morning because I enjoy it. Not being able to lift for a month is killing me.

The nutrition also doesn't have to be hard and you don't need any special containers. Focus on eating nutrient dense foods. Weigh your food and preplan your days. Count calories accurately (see this guide: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide). Make sure you eat at a reasonable deficit.

All these programs are selling what I just told you to do. Each one has found a unique way to market it, but you are completely able to do it on your own for free.

I've not tried the 21 day fix, but I have had some success.
  • I love it and I'm not a coach. I've always been good at managing my weight and working out but what the eating plan helped me see was that I wasn't eating enough protein and I was carb heavy even though I was eating good carbs. I'm stoked with my results :)8gamu2509mpk.jpg
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    edited March 2015
    I was interested in it too, but two weeks ago I made the decision to eat primal, NOTHING processed. I eat fruit, veggies, meat, and healthy fats. I have cut out added sugar (natural is fine), grains, and dairy (soy, almond, and rice milk are great alternatives), and legumes, but only for the first 21 days and will slowly be adding them back in to see what affects me negatively. I thought it would be hard, but I just cook a big helping on sundays or mondays and eat from that all week snacking on pistachios, walnuts, bananas, and avocados. I've lost 7 lbs in those two weeks. I was stuck at a plateau for a few months. I don't think you need this gimmic. Look at your goals page and setup your macros. Protein and healthy fats are important! And you can get healthy carbs from fruits and veggies. People always think bread for carbs, but you just have to do your research.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!