Progress from 1 Year of MFP *Pictures*

Okay MFP…So I told myself that at my 1 year MFP anniversary that I would force myself to post in the success story forum about my journey even if I had lost only a single pound or not any at all. I told myself this at the beginning of my journey last year and I don’t know if this was just a motivational tool for myself or not. (Because come on… I think I’d be really upset to post in here if I had actually gained weight instead of lost it…) I really do not feel like I have the ‘privilege’ to post in this forum nor do I feel like I am a success, but what I can say is that I do feel like I have progressed and strive to do better. So this weight loss journey has been a lot harder than I could ever possibly imagine. Everyone tells you it’s simple, eat less work out more and you will lose weight, but everyone forgets to tell you about Birthday Cakes, Stressful ‘grab & go lunches’, friends late night taco bell runs, and those days when you want to just curl up in your room in the fetal position after work because you are just so damn tired that you don’t want to go to the gym…Yeah those days….I’ve had a few of them. I’ve actually had a lot of exhausting days lately so I am hoping with posting my 1 year anniversary that it will help motivate me to get my **** together and move forward in my physical fitness journey.

So in the past year since I have started MFP here is what has happened:
1. I lost 41 pounds.
2. I cried at least 20 times telling myself I wanted to give up because it was easier to just be fat. (You literally will not understand this until your trainer has you running on the treadmill with a 35 pound weight asking you if you are going to let yourself gain this weight back).
3. I got into at least 12 fights with my best friend because I told her that I wanted to give up, that I wanted to just do it myself, that I just wanted to be left alone, and every single fight she was there to pick up the pieces and tell me that she was not going to let me give up because of how far I’ve come.
4. I’ve went on a really strict diet only to just binge eat in the end and then to overcome the fact that the only way to stay on this slow and steady wagon is to eat in moderation, and eat healthier.
5. I’ve learned how amazing it is to not lose weight, but lift heavy, gain muscle, and lose body fat.
6. I’ve learned to not let everyone else’s weight loss goals influence myself.
7. A sad thing that I realized is that since I’ve lost weight, people are nicer to me, they actually will hold the door for me now, and people that didn’t acknowledge me before actually do now…. What the heck people…

The hardest thing for me is the fact of coming to terms with that I didn’t gain this weight overnight and no it’s not going to be easy to lose it and I shouldn’t expect to lose it overnight.

**Seriously couldn’t have done it without my support system: MFP, My best friend Leah.**

Here are my body stats::

5'0", Shoe Size 8 1/2, Pear Shaped
--
SW: 236lbs | Pants: 18 Shirt: 2x/3x (9/26/13) BF: +40%
CW: 189.8lbs | Pants: 14 Shirt: XL/L (9/23/14) BF: 30%
GW: 128lbs

--
9/23/14:
Waist: 30. | Hips: 42 | Thighs: 23.5 | Calf: 14.75
Forearm: 8 | Bicep: 10 | Neck: 11
Body Fat: 30%

Enough of my rambling here are some pictures for you MFPers! :)

I still have a long ways to go, but I feel like my emotional progress has come a long ways.

2hf8jlk.jpg
ru8e1e.jpg
2wm2zw1.jpg

Replies

• kjdunn68
    kjdunn68 Posts: 26 Member
    Great job. Keep up the good work.
  • wildrose53
    wildrose53 Posts: 1,342 Member
    You look amazing! Congratulations!!!
  • Kellyfitness128
    Kellyfitness128 Posts: 194 Member
    GREAT job, you look amazing! It seems like you've learned so much about yourself in the process and worked so hard that the weight loss isn't the only success story here. Keep it up... there will be good days, there will be bad days (as you know) so just enjoy the ride :)
  • ashleydawndill
    ashleydawndill Posts: 242 Member
    Fantastic job, you're doing amazing!! And you look gorgeous in that dress! :love: :flowerforyou:
  • JustFindingMe
    JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
    WOW! You look great !
  • LeahBelcastro
    LeahBelcastro Posts: 26 Member
    You don’t realize how much you influence me every day. I think to myself ‘how Katie would feel if I did this, or ate that.’ You are my greatest motivation to keep going. I wish that I could say that I have come as far as you have. You look amazing and you radiate this amazing vibe when I’m around you. Even on the days you told me you wanted to give up you still were my motivation. We might not get to spend as much time together as we use to but trust me I’m always thinking about you and will always be here when you need me. You are the sweetest, kindest, most genuine person I have ever had the privilege to call my best friend. You have done amazing and I can’t wait to see what this next year brings you! :love: :heart: :smooched:
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Wow your skin looks like you reverse-aged about 20 years!! Fantastic!
  • tag624
    tag624 Posts: 166 Member
    Great job! Your post sounds just like me….especially #2, I would cry a lot during the first couple of months lol, my starting weight was 252 (size20) and now 211 (size 16)
  • bvifun
    bvifun Posts: 404 Member
    Well done and thanks for the positive post.
    I am going to make a suggestion about your point #7. I suggest that is not because of you weight lose that people react to you differently but because do your confidence gain. The biggest NSV ever.
  • Thank you for the inspiration. Today is my first day back- a fresh new start. It would be so easy to just give up, but I have to stop the gradual weight gain! Your post is just what I needed... And btw, you look awesome in your pics Katie!

I better go do some before pics of myself too
  • duffmama
    duffmama Posts: 9 Member
    You look fantastic! Every day is a struggle. We all didn't gain this weight overnight and it takes time and effort to get it off. I yoyo an right now I'm on the eating healthy side and plan to stay this way. Keep inspiring us!
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    great job, you look fantastic!!

As a fellow 5 footer, I know how hard it can be to lose weight, and how every 5 pounds on or off shows on our short little bodies :)

So hats off to you :smile:
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    alright now! great job... keep it UUUUPPPPP! xo
  • retziegal
    retziegal Posts: 9 Member
    :smile: WOW! Just... wow!

I've been thinking lately of giving up.. Exactly like you posted: it's easier to be fat.
    I know it's NOT easier, just more convenient when your motivation is lacking.

Thank you for sharing your success. Keep on truckin' !
  • GreatGuy07
    GreatGuy07 Posts: 39 Member
    This is an example of how the process is more important than just the end result, and that the learning part happens in that process! Awesome progress, keep it up!
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    You look fantastic - you're well on your way! Be proud of your accomplishments and use that as fuel to get to your ultimate goal!
  • CactusF1ower
    CactusF1ower Posts: 174 Member
    Congratulations...awesome job!
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Wow! You're friggin' fantastic. It doesn't matter that you felt like quitting, we all have those moments! The important thing is that you kept going back regardless of how appealing it is to give up.
    You go girl! I have faith that you will eventually reach your end goal, slow and steady wins the race. =)
  • Amy3935
    Amy3935 Posts: 94 Member
    Amazing job! I feel like we're in very similar boats - I started in March at 226 pounds (I'm 5'2") and am now about 185 give or take, and striving to lose another 40-50. Have had very similar moments of wanting to give up - I totally had a fleeting moment of "is being fat really so bad?" But we can do this!
  • sarahwinder78
    sarahwinder78 Posts: 36 Member
    Great job! You look amazing! I love your black dress! Keep up the great work!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!