Advise from ladies who have had or are having babies...

Chezzie84
Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
Ladies,

I need a bit of advise.
My partner and I have been trying for a baby for a short while and over the last couple of days, I have been feeling really weird.
I have been getting slight headaches, all over bodyache, tender/sore breasts, unusual fatigue, nausea, increased nipple sensitivity and appetite increase.
Its too early to do a test (my period is 6 days away).

Do these sound like normal early pregnancy symptoms or am I reading too much into it?

Replies

• princessbride42
    princessbride42 Posts: 67 Member
    Yes sounds like pregnancy symptoms. Good news is in a week you can know for sure! :)
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    They can be pregnancy symptoms, but they are also PMS symptoms. I hope you get the answer you want next week. :flowerforyou:
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Could be early pregnancy systems. Try taking an early results pregnancy test, they can read up to 6 days before your period. They also have two packs so you could try one now and then another closer to your period.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    They sound like pregnancy symptoms, but also flu and PMS.

I'm pretty sure there are OTC tests you can take before your missed period and a doctor can do a blood test.
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    It does sound like pregnancy symptoms but your body and mind can sometimes play tricks on you if you are hoping for a baby. Also, the signs of pmt can be similar to early pregnancy signs. Try to keep calm until you can do the test. Some tests work a few days before period due so you only have two or three days to wait.
  • ELMunque
    ELMunque Posts: 136 Member
    I don't want to get you excited and then have you be crushed in a week if you aren't so.......Could be the flu, the only symptom I ever had that early was the sore breasts, but then that could be your period too. It's only what? 26 days at most? Wait a week, take the test, know for sure. Good luck!
  • jtarmom
    jtarmom Posts: 228 Member
    Could be! I always used a first response test when I was before my period - I think I found out one one of my about 5-6 days before.

Make sure to get a 2 pack though, so you can test again when/if your period is late.

Fingers crossed for you :)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    If you are already having symptoms (if you are pregnant) you may be surprised to see how early you can get a positive test. Otc.

I doubt a doctor would give a blood test, especially this early. The doctor will say it's too soon to know.
  • prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
    I had these exact symptoms about a week before my period and I just knew I was pregnant but unfortunately I wasn't. I hope you get the results youre looking for
  • JLHNU212
    JLHNU212 Posts: 169 Member
    Your doctor can do a blood test to be sure... :) Good Luck!
  • Organicgasm
    Organicgasm Posts: 592 Member
    Test. But don't be disappointed yet if it is negative. My earliest positive was 8dpo (so still 6 days before my predicted period) but that was twins. My other two, I waited until I was late.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Yes. Sounds like it. I definitely had symptoms before my period was due.
  • JenToms80
    JenToms80 Posts: 373 Member
    Try and be patient and wait as long as you can....good luck!

XX
  • QAPmom
    QAPmom Posts: 458 Member
    Yes it does- best of luck to you!
  • rml_16
    If you are already having symptoms (if you are pregnant) you may be surprised to see how early you can get a positive test. Otc.

I doubt a doctor would give a blood test, especially this early. The doctor will say it's too soon to know.
    Mine could tell I was pregnant without doing ANY test. My mother knew by the way I smelled.

It was weird.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    I'm a Mother of four and I'm thinking it's much too early to have symptoms. It may be that you are anxious and want to be pregnant, so your body is manifesting these symptoms. There are new preg tests that can determine this early. You might as well pick one up and put your mind at ease either way. :smile:

Best of luck to the happy couple and their future bundle of joy! :drinker:
  • rml_16
    I'm a Mother of four and I'm thinking it's much too early to have symptoms. It may be that you are anxious and want to be pregnant, so your body is manifesting these symptoms. There are new preg tests that can determine this early. You might as well pick one up and put your mind at ease either way. :smile:

Best of luck to the happy couple and their future bundle of joy! :drinker:
    It isn't too early for symptoms. Every pregnancy is different. I had sore breasts and cramping within a week of getting pregnant (yes, I know the exact day it happened).

But, again, could just be PMS.
  • Autk79
    Autk79 Posts: 283 Member
    With my first two I didn't get any symptoms till around 6 weeks besides late period. With my 3rd I had my tubes tied but Just knew I was pregnant by the 3rd week. I took a test before my missed period and I was pregnant.

But from past experiences, majority of the time when you think you are, you aren't. But everyone is different. Good Luck :smile:
  • Aero1dynamic
    Aero1dynamic Posts: 702 Member
    I know it's not what you were askin', but, I felt the need to share...

The Evolution of Mom

Yes, parenthood changes everything. But parenthood also changes with each baby. Here, some of the ways having a second and third child differs from having your first:

Your Clothes -

1st baby: You begin wearing maternity clothes as soon as your OB/GYN confirms your pregnancy.

2nd baby: You wear your regular clothes for as long as possible.

3rd baby: Your maternity clothes are your regular clothes.

The Baby's Name -

1st baby: You pore over baby-name books and practice pronouncing and writing combinations of all your favorites.

2nd baby: Someone has to name their kid after your great-aunt Mavis, right? It might as well be you.

3rd baby: You open a name book, close your eyes, and see where your finger falls. Bimaldo? Perfect!

Preparing for the Birth -

1st baby: You practice your breathing religiously.

2nd baby: You don't bother practicing because you remember that last time, breathing didn't do a thing.

3rd baby: You ask for an epidural in your 8th month.

The Layette -

1st baby: You prewash your newborn's clothes, color-coordinate them, and fold them neatly in the baby's little bureau.

2nd baby: You check to make sure that the clothes are clean and discard only the ones with the darkest stains.

3rd baby: Boys can wear pink, can't they?

Worries -

1st baby: At the first sign of distress - a whimper, a frown - you pick up the baby.

2nd baby: You pick the baby up when her wails threaten to wake your firstborn.

3rd baby: You teach your 3-year-old how to rewind the mechanical swing.

Activities -

1st baby: You take your infant to Baby Gymnastics, Baby Swing, and Baby Story Hour.

2nd baby: You take your infant to Baby Gymnastics.

3rd baby: You take your infant to the supermarket and the dry cleaner.

Going Out -

1st baby: The first time you leave your baby with a sitter, you call home 5 times.

2nd baby: Just before you walk out the door, you remember to leave a number where you can be reached.

3rd baby: You leave instructions for the sitter to call only if she sees blood.

At Home -

1st baby: You spend a good bit of every day just gazing at the baby.

2nd baby: You spend a bit of every day watching to be sure your older child isn't squeezing, poking, or hitting the baby.

3rd baby: You spend a little bit of every day hiding from the children.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    I know it's not what you were askin', but, I felt the need to share...

The Evolution of Mom

Yes, parenthood changes everything. But parenthood also changes with each baby. Here, some of the ways having a second and third child differs from having your first:

I was one of five. As girl #4, all of the above was true. There are less than a dozen pictures of me under the age of 3...but hundreds of sister #1.

It was great having all those sisters though. I only wish I could have had ballet lessons like sisters #1 &2. But I take barre now! So...win!