Non Weight bearing cast

So, I've been working out, doing well, on the steady decline on the scale. Then went to Zumba at the gym and tore my achilles tendon. I am now in a non weight bearing cast on my leg for 10 weeks. I know I can do crunches and weights for upper arms but no cardio I can think of. Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks

cheers,
Missy

PS anyone have a guess on how much a cast weighs?

Replies

• So, I've been working out, doing well, on the steady decline on the scale. Then went to Zumba at the gym and tore my achilles tendon. I am now in a non weight bearing cast on my leg for 10 weeks. I know I can do crunches and weights for upper arms but no cardio I can think of. Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks

cheers,
    Missy

PS anyone have a guess on how much a cast weighs?
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Oh that stinks sorry about your foot.

Ugh I can't think of anything cardio - with a non weight bearing cast -

I've never broken a bone - execpt for my toe and they don't cast that LOL

How much does that thing weigh maybe lugging it around will give you a little cardio
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    They have these nifty hand peddlers at some gyms now. They are supposed to be a great workout. If you don't want to invest in one, you could disassemble a bike and hand peddle while watching TV!
  • RedCurls
    RedCurls Posts: 56
    My gym has what looks like a bike for your arms. I have never used it but I have seen people on it. You might want to see if you can find something like that. I hope this helps.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    My gym has what looks like a bike for your arms. I have never used it but I have seen people on it. You might want to see if you can find something like that. I hope this helps.

Great minds! I tell ya!! :laugh: :wink:
  • RedCurls
    RedCurls Posts: 56

Great minds! I tell ya!! :laugh: :wink:

:happy: :laugh:
  • Thanks!! I tried to ride the regular bike with one foot, which didn't go so well. I think I almost broke the other foot :) I will ask today at the gym if they have anything like that.

Thanks!!!!!!

cheers,
    Missy
  • natalie1
    natalie1 Posts: 180 Member
    Can you do water aerobics?In the shallow end of the pool? There is minimal pressure on nonworking leg there. Just a thought..