Non Weight bearing cast

Options
So, I've been working out, doing well, on the steady decline on the scale. Then went to Zumba at the gym and tore my achilles tendon. I am now in a non weight bearing cast on my leg for 10 weeks. I know I can do crunches and weights for upper arms but no cardio I can think of. Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks

cheers,
Missy

PS anyone have a guess on how much a cast weighs?

Replies

• mscottgr8
    Options
    So, I've been working out, doing well, on the steady decline on the scale. Then went to Zumba at the gym and tore my achilles tendon. I am now in a non weight bearing cast on my leg for 10 weeks. I know I can do crunches and weights for upper arms but no cardio I can think of. Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks

cheers,
    Missy

PS anyone have a guess on how much a cast weighs?
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Oh that stinks sorry about your foot.

Ugh I can't think of anything cardio - with a non weight bearing cast -

I've never broken a bone - execpt for my toe and they don't cast that LOL

How much does that thing weigh maybe lugging it around will give you a little cardio
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    They have these nifty hand peddlers at some gyms now. They are supposed to be a great workout. If you don't want to invest in one, you could disassemble a bike and hand peddle while watching TV!
  • RedCurls
    RedCurls Posts: 56
    Options
    My gym has what looks like a bike for your arms. I have never used it but I have seen people on it. You might want to see if you can find something like that. I hope this helps.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    My gym has what looks like a bike for your arms. I have never used it but I have seen people on it. You might want to see if you can find something like that. I hope this helps.

Great minds! I tell ya!! :laugh: :wink:
  • RedCurls
    RedCurls Posts: 56
    Options

Great minds! I tell ya!! :laugh: :wink:

:happy: :laugh:
  • mscottgr8
    Options
    Thanks!! I tried to ride the regular bike with one foot, which didn't go so well. I think I almost broke the other foot :) I will ask today at the gym if they have anything like that.

Thanks!!!!!!

cheers,
    Missy
  • natalie1
    natalie1 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Can you do water aerobics?In the shallow end of the pool? There is minimal pressure on nonworking leg there. Just a thought..