600 Calorie Pizza!!

Replies

• blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    I would prefer a slice or two of real pizza. And as mentioned above, I make my own dough and with toppings can have 3 slices of my homemade pizza.

EXACTLY. I'd prefer two slices of real pizza too.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    What is soft cheese spread?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    COngratulations. You have achieved the flat open faced italian burrito. However that is NOT a pizza. DOUGH is required for pizza.

Why is everyone so hung up on the dough. I get it, but if she found a substitute.... So be it. For those of you so hooked on the concept of this please explain French Bread Pizza.... Check out the frozen section....

Yeah but French bread pizza tells you in the name that it's on bread...
    I'm hung up on the dough because I thought it would be a recipe for a lighter crust or something... so I was disappointed. I wouldn't have cared if she had said 'tortilla pizza'.

I've just never found a store bought flat bread or tortilla that was satisfying for a pizza craving.
  • Great idea - thank you for taking the time to share! :)
  • carliekitty
    carliekitty Posts: 303 Member
    I use nan bread and trader joes low fat mozzarella. The cheese is only 45 calls a ounce!!!
  • angelamb1970
    angelamb1970 Posts: 122 Member
    Thanks for posting, looks like something I'd really like. Missing my pizza!!!
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    COngratulations. You have achieved the flat open faced italian burrito. However that is NOT a pizza. DOUGH is required for pizza.

Why is everyone so hung up on the dough. I get it, but if she found a substitute.... So be it. For those of you so hooked on the concept of this please explain French Bread Pizza.... Check out the frozen section....

I'm hung up on the dough because I thought it would be a recipe for a lighter crust or something... so I was disappointed. I wouldn't have cared if she had said 'tortilla pizza'.

I've just never found a store bought flat bread or tortilla that was satisfying for a pizza craving.

Obviously other people have....
  • PDReader
    PDReader Posts: 24 Member
    Cool! You can put meat on this one...

I have a raw vegan pizza recipe that is about 553 cal per serving depending how large you make the pizza crusts.
  • Denisebar
    Denisebar Posts: 36 Member
    Listen if you don't want to make it there no pressure..chill out guys! And for those who said make your own dough, I do not have the time to do so. I use a tortilla wrap as it gives an AWSOME crisp base :) for those who try out this recipe enjoy!! Great for a quick lunch idea.

It sounds yummy,thanks for sharing!
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member

Obviously other people have....

Tortilla can be helpful if you want to roll it up like a burrito and bake it in the oven. Easier to carry, plus it's like a pizza burrito with all of the ingredients layered in.
  • arditarose
    How many calories are in a large/cheese slice of pizza, give or take?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member

• arditarose

Oh so you really can just eat 2 delicious slices of real pizza for 600 calories. Why is this recipe so high in calories?
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    I got about 290..... That's using the cheeses listed... The tortilla I use is 100 calories, but I know there are some higher..
  • habit365
    habit365 Posts: 174
    I thought of this thread today when I served my kid "pizza" with a piece of toast as a base. :laugh:

I like using Trader Joe's dough for low-ish calorie pizzas if I have a little more time. If you stretch the dough out very thin, you can make a pretty decent sized personal pizza with not many more calories than a tortilla based one. Trader Joe's tartes (ham and caramelized onion, or mushroom) are pretty amazing too and decently low calories. The crust on those is very thin and more like a delicious flaky cracker almost.
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Have you ever tried making your own pizza on a tortilla or a pita bread? It actually tastes better than what you are calling real pizza. Screw the calories, the 300 cal slices from pizza joints are usually cheap ingredients, greasy, and taste alright at best.
    I make my own on pita bread with a variety of real cheeses, roasted garlic, and awesome salamis.
    Not getting the hate of this post, it isn't like another cauliflower crust.

Oh so you really can just eat 2 delicious slices of real pizza for 600 calories. Why is this recipe so high in calories?
  • arditarose
    Have you ever tried making your own pizza on a tortilla or a pita bread? It actually tastes better than what you are calling real pizza. Screw the calories, the 300 cal slices from pizza joints are usually cheap ingredients, greasy, and taste alright at best.
    I make my own on pita bread with a variety of real cheeses, roasted garlic, and awesome salamis.

I live in NYC...So, no. Lots of good pizza here.
  • billr9mm
    billr9mm Posts: 72 Member

So sorry to hear that cause NYC knows nothing about pizza. We all know the only "real pizza" is served here in Chicago. LOL :)

TY OP for a fast lunch option that allows for some creativity.
  • arditarose

So sorry to hear that cause NYC knows nothing about pizza. We all know the only "real pizza" is served here in Chicago. LOL :)

TY OP for a fast lunch option that allows for some creativity.

I've heard chicago pizza is good. Just saying...a tortilla pizza is not as good as the average pizza I can get down the block and definitely not as good as the best in the city. I'd still make it, though.
  • losing80pounds4me
    losing80pounds4me Posts: 14 Member
    Have you ever used naan bread as the pizza crust? If not try it out it is supper yummy and can be as crispy or soft as you would like :-) Thanks for the yummy recipe!!!