Healthy Crockpot Recipes

Replies

• bump
  • Garlic Chicken

-Season chicken however you like (I use salt, pepper & badia complete seasoning)

-Take lemon, stuff inside chicken

-Take 30-40 cloves of garlic (whole, unwrapped) and put them in the bottom of the crock pot

-Put a cup or two worth of chicken broth in the bottom of the crock pot (to keep things moist)

Low 6-8 hours, High 4-6 hours.

Delicious.
    what a great way to try garlic chicken, I'm looking forward to this
  • :smile: wow sounds yummy I will try thanks
  • Lazygal53
    Lazygal53 Posts: 294 Member
    Bumping ...
  • theresar719
    theresar719 Posts: 14 Member
    bump
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Saving this for later, Thanks
  • Jaynehr
    Jaynehr Posts: 167 Member
    bump for later - awesome looking recipes
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    bump for later
  • MandyGraham73
    MandyGraham73 Posts: 21 Member
    bump for later
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Bump
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Great thread!! I am getting some good ideas from other posters. So, thank you :D

Here are a couple recipes I've made recently and enjoyed:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2014/03/crock-pot-carne-guisada-latin-beef-stew.html (having this right now actually LOL. I am eating mine over some sauteed broccoli rather than rice... also added a bit of sour cream. YUM! The green sauce in the link looks delcious but I didn't have a chance to make it.)

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/10/slow-cooker-pork-and-green-chile-stew.html (had with brown rice and avocado).

ETA: I recently got a crock pot with a timer and am VERY pleased with it. I can set it to cook for a specific time, or even until a roast hits a certain temperature. It automatically shifts to warm when it's done :D I had looked past recipes with ~6 hour cook times before, as that's not practical for me on days when I work... now I can make those too!!!
  • tonicandgin1967
    tonicandgin1967 Posts: 23 Member
    bump...great ideas-thx!
  • yxlr8
    yxlr8 Posts: 67 Member
    bump for later
  • Bump for later
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Bumping, but I also have a silly question. I have an older crockpot with a dial. It reads O I II (warm symbol). I have hunted through the manual and have gone to their website and emailed them with no response but I dont know if the dial reads off-low-high-warm or off-high-low-warm. I have tried to check the temperature when using it but there was no noticeable difference. There obviously must be a difference. Does anyone know? Thanks.
  • QueenMother14
    QueenMother14 Posts: 438 Member
    I make this too. Everyone loves it.
    What I have in the Crockpot right now:

Shredded BBQ Chicken

3 chicken breasts
    1 bottle BBQ sauce
    1 can soda (I used Diet Dr. Pepper but you can use Coke/Pepsi, root beer, whatever you want)

Cook on low for about 5 hours then shred the chicken.

Very easy and yummy.
  • laydeneko
    laydeneko Posts: 54 Member
    Bumping for later.
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Save for later
  • pnash4508
    pnash4508 Posts: 27 Member
    Oh these look so good!
  • MissLaaber wrote: »
    I did one yesterday that I love, one can or two cups of diced pineapple and pork shoulder on low for 6 hours. Add a cup of water as well. Sweet and salty in one! :)

Bump