Venus Factor Info Please

Replies

• All I would like to say is "Nothing works Until You do".
  • hayleyquin
    hayleyquin Posts: 37 Member
    I found a lot of useful information about the program on the SparkPeople message boards. The thread discusses Leptin as well. Just google 'SparkPeople Venus Factor Diet'. By the way, I'm enjoying the program and have had really pleasing results. Keep in mind as well that that once you are a member of the Venus Factor community, they have their own private forum which is why you don’t see many outside posts apart from the odd one on MFP and SparkPeople.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    I wish that was completely true.. I swear.. Eat healthy.. and still not seeing the scale move. Pretty frustrating. I heard about the venus factor and it looks really interesting to me. Being a female, our bodies run differently. I am hoping this will something that can truly help rev up the female metabolism

Are you tracking your calories? You can still over eat "healthy" foods.

Also, about every 3 months I have a week or 2 where the scale doesn't move. I don't let this bother me as much any more because the trend is that once this happens the weight starts to drop again.

Thank you for everyone still continuing to contribute to this thread.
  • How long are the workout videos? Thank you
  • Annalisa_87
    Annalisa_87 Posts: 56 Member
    Hi the workout videos range from 15 seconds to over a minute. The videos consist of John Barban explaining the exercise whilst a Venus Factor member performs the exercise. The video library is made up of dozens of videos that include every exercise in the workout manual. I found them an essential tool in following the program and made following the exercise portion of the program much easier. You don’t need any special equipment to do the exercises, some dumbbells or exercise bands will suffice. If you have any more questions I recommend speaking to Lisa at www.venusfactortruth.com as she is a senior member of the Venus Factor program and is a great free resource for information on the program.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Hi the workout videos range from 15 seconds to over a minute. The videos consist of John Barban explaining the exercise whilst a Venus Factor member performs the exercise. The video library is made up of dozens of videos that include every exercise in the workout manual. I found them an essential tool in following the program and made following the exercise portion of the program much easier. You don’t need any special equipment to do the exercises, some dumbbells or exercise bands will suffice. If you have any more questions I recommend speaking to Lisa at www.venusfactortruth.com as she is a senior member of the Venus Factor program and is a great free resource for information on the program.

Thank you for commenting and helping increase the amount of information on the product!
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Are you talking about this http://www.venusfactor.com/ ? If so, message californiagirl2012. She's all about that stuff. She's the first one on this page http://www.venusfactor.com/real-user-experiences/

went to the site to check it out, that's one hell of a sales pitch :laugh:
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    Maybe it’s cause I’m to frugal with my cash but I’m not paying anyone for advice that I can find on google! Google is your friend, it’s been my personal trainer for the last year. Video’s on exercises ranging from HIIT, kettle bells, speed and agility training to skills training for both soccer and baseball that I have used to coach very successful teams to several championships. And the best part is it’s all free.
    The internets is AWESOME! :happy:
  • hayleyquin
    I think the supplement you're referring to is a Biotrust product. The Venus Factor doesn't require you to take supplements. I have never taken a supplement while on the Venus Factor diet and I've had great results. So you don't need to buy any supplements. Natural health foods is what you need. I looked at the ingredients and they contain Oleanolic acid, green tea and Yerba mate. Oleanolic acid comes from olive tree leaves. And I personally use cold pressed extra virgin olive oil, which is full of Oleanolic acid. I don't believe you can get Oleanolic acid as a supplement by itself. If you need more information contact Lisa at www.venusfactortruth.com as that's where I got this information. Hope this helps.

Regarding the Leptin supplement it's called Leptiburn. I didn’t order it. I looked at the Venus forum and some Venus Factor members said that it made them too jittery while other members said that it suppressed their appetite and increased their energy. But you don't have to buy any supplements while on the program. Also I know that if you buy and don't like the Leptiburn, you can return it and Biotrust will return your money.
  • I'll tell you why. It's a scam like so many others that post on Facebook. I'm so upset that I have been taken in by this once again. You're told that you get all this for an incredibly low price of $47.00 and that you're getting a free membership into their "community". You pay the $47, then you're told you need this for another $47.00. Then this for another fee and this for another fee. blah blah blah. Then you find out that your free membership in the community is a 30 day free trial and if you accept that free trial, you have to give them a credit card number and somewhere in very fine print, you find that your credit card will be charged a recurring fee if you don't cancel. Venus Factor is just another SCAM!!
  • hayleyquin
    The price of $47 is a one-time fee for the program and lifetime access to the forums. I use them all the time. The website does try to sell you other programs or ebooks by the same authors, but you definitely don’t have to buy them. If you prefer just go to your membership page and untick the box that says do you want to receive further marketing emails. As for the free month of Immersion, that is a program you can buy where you will get access to all products the Venus Factor have out now and any they will come out with later, plus podcasts that are only available to immersion clients. So after the free month it’ll cost $79 per month for 6 or 7 months, then free for life after that. When I purchased the program through www.ebooksfitness.com I simply cancelled the Immersion trial. It is not compulsory and you’ll still get great results without it. They also have a money-back guarantee.
  • It's a pretty good program for beginner female trainees who need the basic information to get started.
  • JustFindingMe
    JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
    Ok. So I'm exactly one week into the Venus Factor Program and I have to say, it is sweat and hard work. In fact, in the 45 minute work out routine it lays out for you (3 days a week) I sweat more than I do when doing fully body works outs or cardio for the same amount of time at LA Fitness.

Result? 5 lbs in one week.

Is it a miracle? Hardly.

Is it hard? Not if you really want to stick with the goal.

The hardest thing about fat loss I've come to find is that there are so many options in my day for empty calories. Juice. Cheese. Cereal. But I don't have to cut these out. For years I've believed some hype about good calories versus bad calories. I ended up overeating and no matter how much I exercised, I either gained or maintained my weight.

VF easily outlines how many calories you should be eating in a day to lose versus how many to maintain based on your own age, weight, height, and measurements. It also gives you the amount of protein you should strive for in a day. It's goal is to boost your body's (a woman's) response to leptin, which basically controls metabolism. From what I understand, women have twice as much leptin as men meaning they have twice the fat burning capabilities as men. It asks the question, why then do men lose weight faster than women, yet can eat more? Simple response, women hardly use what is already in them to lose. So, the program's guidelines are tailored to boosting your natural fat burning capabilities.

Now it's all simple really, eat smart and work out (just as people have said one way or another). You can eat whatever you want, but it's smart to eat what is filling and avoid drinking the calories (I'm only on water and milk because I'm still trying to map out good eating habits with my busy work-life schedule). I think the real difference depends on the person. Some people can have a goal in mind and go for it. Others need community support or their own mindset will defeat them.

I haven't involved myself in the community aspect of VF, but if I begin to feel discouraged, I'm going to hop on. However, in this one week, I'm feeling pretty confident that I can keep going. I plan to hold myself accountable by taking progress photos at the end of every week. Because seeing how much I weigh or lose doesn't encourage me as much as seeing my body's fatness shrink.

Goal: lose 4 dress sizes in the 12 week program as the promotional video says. That's about 1/3 dress size a week. Hopefully I'll be checking back at the end of January with positive results.

MFP gives you the EXACT info for free :happy:
  • Found this thread when searching for some real info on the venus factor diet, now I at least have some idea what I'll be getting! Does anyone else have any success stories or experience with the program to share?
  • cmahmi
    cmahmi Posts: 1 Member
    Please do not waste your money on this. I did. It is just some downloads of meal ideas, exercise ideas, and workouts. Totally not worth the $50 Also it's just a trap to get you to buy Biotrust's Leptiburn...diet pills. They go on and on about this company called Biotrust. A little on the creepy side if you ask me.
  • RegularR0b
    RegularR0b Posts: 15 Member
    People, it's exercise & diet. This program gives info on this, that's it. If you follow what they're saying, you will lose weight. There are *countless* other options for you to use. My wife chose to follow this plan and has lost 20 some odd pounds in 3 or 4 months. They will attempt to push their products on you, but it's all done through email, so it's easily blocked. Stop with the drama.
  • hayleyquin
    edited October 2014
    The meal plans, workouts and general diet information are there to inform and guide you on your weight loss journey. The Venus Factor program is very thorough and gives you copious amounts of advice. Whether you take it or not is entirely up to the individual. The exercise library is worth the cost alone. Regarding the Leptin supplement, yes it's called Leptiburn. I didn’t order it as it is not compulsory to get this supplement. You don't have to buy any supplements while on the program. Also I know that if you buy and don't like the Leptiburn, you can return it and Biotrust will return your money. Also remember there is a 60 day guarantee if you don't like the program. The Venus Factor helped me a lot especially by allowing me to plan my diet goals and also give me the motivation to continue till I reached them. Hope this helps.
  • PlumpKitten
    PlumpKitten Posts: 112 Member
    I actually did the Venus Factor. And, no, I am not a salesperson or anyone linked to the company. It was recommended by a friend who's a doctor.

We all know that diet and exercise is about hard work. But various people use various tools to help them, like MFP, Weight Watchers, personal trainers, gym memberships, etc. So I don't understand the criticisms that Venus Factor costs money, or duplicates things you can do yourself - because that could be said of any system.

Personally, it helped me. It gave structure to my workouts, and got me into the weight-area of the gym, where I had never gone before. (I used to be just a cardio / yoga person).

I did not follow the undulating calorie-counts exactly. But I did go close to their calorie numbers.

Basically, you vary between low days (about 500 calories under maintenance) and maintenance. Because VF doesn't have its own calorie counter, you need something like MPF anyway.

And you do about 45-minutes of circuits with hand weights three days a week. You are welcome to add cardio to that on "off-days," which is what I do.

I'm not saying it's a miracle or the only system. But if you follow it closely, you will do results. Good luck!
  • PlumpKitten
    To give a comparison, I did Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred after my first pregnancy, and Venus Factor after my second pregnancy. And I found VF more effective (no offense to Jillian). VF is more comprehensive, tougher, and longer at 12 weeks.
  • PlumpKitten
    edited October 2014
    0a7dqcuycvhv.jpg

gpnmbun2otw4.jpg
    3x5aj4rli1e2.jpg

Because Venus Factor comes as PDFs, you can do it as many times as you want. I did it twice, over the course of about 5 months.
    Here are photos from before VF (not long after childbirth). Then after the first series, and after the second series.