P90x - All I can say is WOW!!!

Replies

• ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    I start on Monday....I hope I don't die.
    :sad:
  • p90x_Dude
    p90x_Dude Posts: 332
    Pretty good steph, poorly motivated this week but I'm still getting it done thank God.

I see you're still kicking butt and taking names right!

C;mom there dude, by my count you are half way through the program. Keep Pushing Play and BRING IT DUDE!

Carol

I am, had my best kenpo today thought woo hoo!!!
  • p90x_Dude
    Still haven't found it for that cheap, I'm nervous about getting copies off of craigslist and the quality there. Maybe I should just suck it up and save up for a while and buy it...sigh.

It's worth it, of course if you look like you avatar why buy p90x :laugh: sorry couldn't resist
  • p90x_Dude
    I wanted to try this and couldn't bring myself to spend the money without seeing some of the workouts. I found some on Ebay selling individual discs. I picked up 2 discs to try and will buy the set if I like the workouts. I picked up the the Chest, Tricep, and Shoulder disc (#5 I believe) also the Legs and Back (disc #9 I believe). Just waiting for them to arrive. I'll let you guys know what I think :smile:

Sounds good, what is your fitness background? Do you have dumbells and bands or pullup bar
  • p90x_Dude
    Hey there....I have the 12 P90X DVD workouts....but no plan or any other info......was just wondering if anyone recommends doing the DVD's in any particular order??? I havnt even peeked at whats on them since Im not sure what to do first.
    Thank you ahead of time if anyone answers!!:smile:

Follow the manual, did you get a nutrition guide and manual with the dvds? If not I'll send the the prescribed plan to you.
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Hi-
    I just got back from the Library with a fitness DVD and a bellydancing video. Maybe your public libraries have, or would be willing to purchase, the exercise videos of your choice. While ultimately you would have to return them to your libraries, at least you could try them out for free and then buy only what you know you will use regularly. Alternativley, I guess you could keep renewing:laugh:
  • innocent75
    innocent75 Posts: 57 Member
    I wanted to try this and couldn't bring myself to spend the money without seeing some of the workouts. I found some on Ebay selling individual discs. I picked up 2 discs to try and will buy the set if I like the workouts. I picked up the the Chest, Tricep, and Shoulder disc (#5 I believe) also the Legs and Back (disc #9 I believe). Just waiting for them to arrive. I'll let you guys know what I think :smile:

Sounds good, what is your fitness background? Do you have dumbells and bands or pullup bar

I have been athletic of my life. Just let a few pounds accure. I have dumbells and bands. The chest, tris, and shoulder was a tail kicker. I'm just saving my pennies to buy the whole set now.
  • p90x_Dude
    \

Alright, keep me posted and let me know if you have questions about the first phase, I'm finishing week 6 so i've got one more week and then I'm in my 2nd recovery week.

Take care and remember to BRING IT!!!
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Hey there....I have the 12 P90X DVD workouts....but no plan or any other info......was just wondering if anyone recommends doing the DVD's in any particular order??? I havnt even peeked at whats on them since Im not sure what to do first.
    Thank you ahead of time if anyone answers!!:smile:

If you still don't have it, email me, I could shoot over a list to you.. You basicially do the first 6 for 3 weeks, one a day, they are in order, with rest or stretch x on the 7th. then it switches up for a week, and then switches again for the next 3, etc..
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member

LOL, you won't. It's tough, but fun and so doable. You will be challenged, but in a good way, believe me. Good luck, anxious to know how you do. Keep us posted

Carol
  • Had my best day of Kenpo this past Saturday and I worked so hard in chest, shoulders & triceps I felt like I was going to puke :laugh: Got a good burn and I'm looking forward to jumping (literally) into plyometrics today. Funny my sister came home to visit this week and she called me "skinny" :smile: :happy: :laugh:
  • carlotta
    carlotta Posts: 46 Member
    geesh, i should look this up! i never heard about it till this site. i do the jillian shred (20 min) and tao bo workouts with yoga in the morning. do you need equipment for this dvd?
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    geesh, i should look this up! i never heard about it till this site. i do the jillian shred (20 min) and tao bo workouts with yoga in the morning. do you need equipment for this dvd?

You need either dumbbells or a resistance band and a pullup bar. 12 DVD's and it's an awesome program! Send me a message if you have any questions!

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    Had my best day of Kenpo this past Saturday and I worked so hard in chest, shoulders & triceps I felt like I was going to puke :laugh: Got a good burn and I'm looking forward to jumping (literally) into plyometrics today. Funny my sister came home to visit this week and she called me "skinny" :smile: :happy: :laugh:

That's awesome! Gotta love those comments. I had my Uncle feeling my biceps at a family reunion on Sunday... then calling to his wife to have her come feel my biceps too!! (embarrassing, but kind of funny at the same time!) It's nice when people notice your hard work!

Jess
  • Had my best day of Kenpo this past Saturday and I worked so hard in chest, shoulders & triceps I felt like I was going to puke :laugh: Got a good burn and I'm looking forward to jumping (literally) into plyometrics today. Funny my sister came home to visit this week and she called me "skinny" :smile: :happy: :laugh:

That's awesome! Gotta love those comments. I had my Uncle feeling my biceps at a family reunion on Sunday... then calling to his wife to have her come feel my biceps too!! (embarrassing, but kind of funny at the same time!) It's nice when people notice your hard work!

Jess

Yep, I've made good progress not following the diet guide at all (I have cut back though, not just pigging out and doing p90x with a pork chop sandwich in one hand and coca cola in the other). I know I'm a bad boy, but I'm looking at day 180 for the results I really want. I'm going to finish this 90 and completely abide by the diet plan for the last 90 days of "doubles". Woo Hoo.

Yep the comments are cool, they alway seem to come right on time too. You get on that blasphemous scale and it smiles back at you and says "you gained a pound buddy muuuaaaawww, muuaaawww" and just before you throw it against the tree, you neighbor says man you been working out haven't you. Do you come back with the ole humble well I've doing a little working out, LOL if only my family could see the sweat pouring and me nearly cursing at Tony or Dominic (I don't know if I like him or not on my plyo days :laugh: )

Keep it up jess, you look good girl. You definitely don't look like a mom of 3

God bless
  • jessmomof3
    Yep, I've made good progress not following the diet guide at all (I have cut back though, not just pigging out and doing p90x with a pork chop sandwich in one hand and coca cola in the other). I know I'm a bad boy, but I'm looking at day 180 for the results I really want. I'm going to finish this 90 and completely abide by the diet plan for the last 90 days of "doubles". Woo Hoo.

Yep the comments are cool, they alway seem to come right on time too. You get on that blasphemous scale and it smiles back at you and says "you gained a pound buddy muuuaaaawww, muuaaawww" and just before you throw it against the tree, you neighbor says man you been working out haven't you. Do you come back with the ole humble well I've doing a little working out, LOL if only my family could see the sweat pouring and me nearly cursing at Tony or Dominic (I don't know if I like him or not on my plyo days :laugh: )

Keep it up jess, you look good girl. You definitely don't look like a mom of 3

God bless

Hey, sometimes baby steps are better for the long term. My P90X has turned into a PlifetimeX. LOL

Yeah, the scale isn't always your friend. It's good old fashioned hard work which people don't really want to hear, they want a quick fix. Dominic, the leap frog!! LOL

Thank you!! I appreciate that. I gotta keep young to keep up w/ my kiddos! ;o)

Jess
  • Hey guys! I too am a beachbody fanatic! I've had great results with Slim in Six, Turbo Jam, and P90X. I loved it so much I decided to started as an Independant Beachbody Coach. Through message boards and tools on the beachbody website you'll find tons of support and motivation to help you get through the programs. There's no quick fix- it's all about hard work and eating right but the results are AMAZING! Just surh through the boards and you'll see some before and afters that will shock you. Email me with any questions, I'd love to help out! stephaniephipps@comcast.net Check out my coaching page http://www.beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/stephaniern
  • jessmomof3
    I am also a Team Beachbody coach, but just have my info listed in my profile because I believe it violates the terms here. :o)

Peace.

Jess
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    I struggled getting into the Cardio X workout for some reason.
    Not sure why....
  • jessmomof3
    I struggled getting into the Cardio X workout for some reason.
    Not sure why....

That one is not my favorite, I'll admit! I'm a runner though, so I need more cardio. ;o) Try out PlyoX next time...