MFP Runners Club - 8/31

Good Morning Everyone!!

Headed out now to run the Nike + Human Race 10K in Washington, DC!!!

Have a great day everyone!!! Keep moving!

Tricia :flowerforyou:

Replies

• pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Good Morning Everyone!!

• SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Good luck on your run Tricia.

I am taking today off so no running for me. Of course today is a beautiful morning and a great day to run, not like it was yesterday all hot and humid. Geez!

Have a great run everyone.:flowerforyou:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Hello runners! Day off here, I'm packing up the family and headed to a family reunion for the day! Have a good one!

Jess
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Good luck, Tricia!!! :drinker:

Jess, how'd your kids do in their race? :smile:

No running for me today, maybe a bike ride.

Have a great day, ya'll! :flowerforyou:
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Good morning:flowerforyou:

I ran 10 miles at an easy pace this morning.

Enjoy the day
    -Kechie.

<jumping up and down for Tricia> Cheering you on all the way from NC! Can you hear me?:laugh: Have fun at the race. Run like someone is chasing you.:smokin: Can't wait to hear how it goes!
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Ran 6 miles today!! No stinky guys at the treadmillsYay!!

Good luck - Tricia!!

Shannon - just read an article that hard bike rides can help your run time so.. go for it!!

Kechie -- I'll be up there with ya some day.. for now, way to go!

Happy trails all!
  • kechiemc
    Ran 6 miles today!! No stinky guys at the treadmillsYay!!

Kechie -- I'll be up there with ya some day.. for now, way to go!

You are so close. Great job on your run today!
  • Good Morning Everyone!!

By the time I am reading this, I had slept in all morning (day off of everything) and you are probably already done. I hope you did wonderful and had a great time. Can't wait to hear how you did.
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    hey runners,

Haven't been posting, crazy busy with all these weddings, prewedding parties, post wedding, etc. food logging out the window as I can't even being to figure out the cals in these ethnic foods (moroccan). so just being careful, dancing a lot and still working out.

Got in a fast 5k this morning then I was off to the hairdresser. Heading back to get makeup done, then it is show time!!

have a great rest of the weekend.
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Hi everyone!

I just got back from an eight mile run. It was the longest run I've done since my vacation, so I felt a little sluggish getting back into it. When I was gone, I only ran 5 and 6 miles at a time, so eight felt long today.

Have a great weekend!:flowerforyou:
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    You guys amaze me. I just started MFP 2 weeks ago today and I weigh quite a bit. Im lucky if I can jog for a minute straight without losing my breath. I have been doing that though when I walk I try to jog for as long as I can and then I walk again. I cant do it very far at all right now but I am hoping to be able to work up to being able to run.

Connie
  • kechiemc
    Welcome Connie :flowerforyou:

I started running last April the same way you're doing it. Walk run. I used the 10 week couch to 5K training program.

You can do it
    -Kechie.
  • You guys amaze me. I just started MFP 2 weeks ago today and I weigh quite a bit. Im lucky if I can jog for a minute straight without losing my breath. I have been doing that though when I walk I try to jog for as long as I can and then I walk again. I cant do it very far at all right now but I am hoping to be able to work up to being able to run.

Connie

Welcome Connie...
    It doesn't matter what you way so much as it does practice. Even myself when first running couldn't make it a couple of houses. You keep it up though and you will see how much fun it can be. I was never a runner, even as a kid, (HATED IT) but now (in my 40's) I miss it if I go a day without it. Look forward to seeing you grow as a runner.
    SM
  • You guys amaze me. I just started MFP 2 weeks ago today and I weigh quite a bit. Im lucky if I can jog for a minute straight without losing my breath. I have been doing that though when I walk I try to jog for as long as I can and then I walk again. I cant do it very far at all right now but I am hoping to be able to work up to being able to run.

Connie

Welcome Connie...
    It doesn't matter what you way so much as it does practice. Even myself when first running couldn't make it a couple of houses. You keep it up though and you will see how much fun it can be. I was never a runner, even as a kid, (HATED IT) but now (in my 40's) I miss it if I go a day without it. Look forward to seeing you grow as a runner.
    SM

I totally agree.....just keep moving! You get the best feeling of accomplishment after a run!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Happy Running!

Ali
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    hey runners,

Haven't been posting, crazy busy with all these weddings, prewedding parties, post wedding, etc. food logging out the window as I can't even being to figure out the cals in these ethnic foods (moroccan). so just being careful, dancing a lot and still working out.

Got in a fast 5k this morning then I was off to the hairdresser. Heading back to get makeup done, then it is show time!!

have a great rest of the weekend.

Whose wedding, carvan? :smile:
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    WOOOOOOOT!!!

5k in 27:30!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got another 15 seconds off my time!! And that was with a stroller. I go for a timed run without baby on wednesday. Looking forward to finding out how I can do!
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    WOOOOOOOT!!!

5k in 27:30!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got another 15 seconds off my time!! And that was with a stroller. I go for a timed run without baby on wednesday. Looking forward to finding out how I can do!
    Way to go!! YAY! I am trying to shave some time off my 5K run time as well -- here's to hope!:drinker: