recommend cardio dvd?

anyone have a great cardio dvd they recommend? i do weights with a trainer 2x a week so i don't need that in a dvd. i want something different in my schedule - i typically rotate between stairmaster, elliptical, running, and jumprope as cardio. i'd like an indoor video option as well...suggestions?
i want something challenging but not requiring "dance" (i lack rhythm).

Replies

• hasselh
    hasselh Posts: 29
    anyone have a great cardio dvd they recommend? i do weights with a trainer 2x a week so i don't need that in a dvd. i want something different in my schedule - i typically rotate between stairmaster, elliptical, running, and jumprope as cardio. i'd like an indoor video option as well...suggestions?
    i want something challenging but not requiring "dance" (i lack rhythm).
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    :smile: I have the Jillian Michaels DVD combo The Biggest Loser: Shape Up-Backside & Shape Up-Front. Both are challenging in my opinion because you are constanly moving the entire time. I've got other DVD's but she's by far the hardest on me.
  • cquick
    cquick Posts: 220
    the dvds from power90, cardio 1-2 and cardio 3-4 aren't to darn bad, but they dont elevate me to the blissful cardio that I prefer...

honestly, I absolutely love turbo jam and hip hop abs...i'm a beachbody bum, if you couldn't tell :blushing: my boyfriend doesn't have a beat to save his life, but even he loves it! honestly, i think turbo jam is fun and dancy without being a dance video editorial...

with turbo jam, you get to use all parts of your body, you punch, kick, squat, lunge, and there is a really intense anaerobic 1:30 seconds in most of the dvds which really makes your heart race. The music is fun and hiphoppy, which I love....

also, there are three other great things about the videos:

1) most of the folks on the videos are normal people like you and me that used the programs to lose weight instead of people that have been working out their entire lives and seem to have been chiseled since bouncing out of the womb.

2) you don't have to feel like you need to do the high impact moves, because they have someone there doing the low-impact modified version.

3) rumor has it you can burn up to 1000 calories an hour! an HOUR! once you try the program, tho, you would DEFINITELY understand why, especially if you use the hand weights.

I hope this helps. I'm starting my turbo jam routine again tomorrow, and I really can't wait. Some people might find Chalene Johnson annoying, but I think she's a great motivator and very informative.

Good luck and have fun with your cardio choices! There's so many out there!
  • the dvds from power90, cardio 1-2 and cardio 3-4 are pretty challenging depending on your fitness level. I can't keep up with them though. :laugh:
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    I LOVE Turbo Jam!!

Fantastic cardio, WAY fun -- feels like a party rather than exercising, but WOW do I sweat and feel so good afterwards :D

Sold by Beach Body:
    http://www.beachbody.com -- look for the Turbo Jam Maximum Results package. There's videos there to show you examples and talk about the program so you can see what it's like.

Wanted to edit again: search for "Turbo Jam" on YouTube.com and you'll find all kinds of examples, too. Here's a video of the Elite 11 Moves (specific to Turbo Jam, but its creator Chalene Johnson):
    http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=88MdH1xK8So

This gives you a good idea of what kinds of moves you'll be doing (obviously a lot faster and more intense in a 40 minute cardio party workout)