Shopping listed as an exercise?

Options
Hmm. Was thinking as I was lugging my 64 oz laundry detergent and my 40 rolls of toilet paper.....

Should I log these calories burned?

How about when I try on 10 pairs of pants to finally find one pair that fits?

Then, do I add additional calories for the victory dance I did when they were a size smaller than I thought they would be? :love:

How about when I get 'stuck' in a shirt that my friend is SURE will fit (thanks for your support) but is in fact a size too small and I cant get it off? :grumble:

How about running from the store if I bust the zipper out of said shirt? :noway:

Well...I hope someone has answers for these very important questions. :wink:

Have a great day :laugh:

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Hmm. Was thinking as I was lugging my 64 oz laundry detergent and my 40 rolls of toilet paper.....

Should I log these calories burned?

How about when I try on 10 pairs of pants to finally find one pair that fits?

Then, do I add additional calories for the victory dance I did when they were a size smaller than I thought they would be? :love:

How about when I get 'stuck' in a shirt that my friend is SURE will fit (thanks for your support) but is in fact a size too small and I cant get it off? :grumble:

How about running from the store if I bust the zipper out of said shirt? :noway:

Well...I hope someone has answers for these very important questions. :wink:

Have a great day :laugh:
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    How about the sprinting to the restroom when you hear the toilet flush and the baby say uh-oh?

Or the wrestling match that happens when the baby wants to play in the mud the dog tracked in that you don't think she should?

I guess motherhood should have its own entry...
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Ahhhh I forgot about that. I think extra calories should be given to young moms!:glasses:
  • frithir
    frithir Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Since we live 10 miles out in the country and only get to go shopping on the weekends when husband is off, I ended up spending like 2 ~ 2.5 hours at Walmart on Sunday afternoons and you betcha I count 2 hours of walking around pushing a buggy! That comes up to like 539 calories burned so OF COURSE I'm gonna list it! :bigsmile: I also count cleaning house, chopping and stacking firewood, mowing the yard and anything else that constitutes 30 minutes or more of continuous movement.
  • bleedingdreamer
    Options
    Is there an entry for cleaning the house? I agree with the mothers list. I have a one and a two year old. I do many jogs up and down the stairs to see who is crying and why.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Yeh-housework is listed. I only list that when I really clean. If i logged all the day to day stuff there wouldnt be enough time in the day to eat my exercise calories.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Since we live 10 miles out in the country and only get to go shopping on the weekends when husband is off, I ended up spending like 2 ~ 2.5 hours at Walmart on Sunday afternoons and you betcha I count 2 hours of walking around pushing a buggy! That comes up to like 539 calories burned so OF COURSE I'm gonna list it! :bigsmile: I also count cleaning house, chopping and stacking firewood, mowing the yard and anything else that constitutes 30 minutes or more of continuous movement.

Mall people dodging.= 5,000,000 calories

I went to Miami yesterday to meet my friend. We had lunch and decided to do a 'lap' around the mall as we really didnt want to buy anything.

I commented it was more like interval training as we had to keep splitting up and dodging people in huge groups who refused to move to the side. We are both positive people and we started to laugh about it.

How many calories for laughing at rude people? Should get extra!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Is there an entry for cleaning the house? I agree with the mothers list. I have a one and a two year old. I do many jogs up and down the stairs to see who is crying and why.

I would be counting my steps up and down! You could probably have chocolate cake at the end of the day!
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    How about the sprinting to the restroom when you hear the toilet flush and the baby say uh-oh?

:laugh: Since I babysat, I strongly believe that watching for a child is a sport in itself. Playing with them sure burns calories :) . People do say about young mums that they've got a full-time job, right? :laugh:

One sport you sure must be enjoying. With all the adrenaline involved :laugh: (sorry, green with envy here)
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Dew-Are you trying for baby?
  • frithir
    frithir Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    "How many calories for laughing at rude people? Should get extra!!"

I don't know about that but I should get bonus points for refraining from going into total meltdown from sheer overload:explode: I work at home (I operate a retail online store, design websites,am a moderator on a couple of other sites as well as maintaining the email and web servers my husband and I own and operate) and because we're so isolated out here, I may go for a week at a time not seeing another human other than hubby and occasionally the mail and/or the UPS folks. I worked as a counselor for over 30 years until for a whole lot of reasons that I'll not bore you with, I just couldn't do it anymore and ever since then, I can only take being around a whole bunch of people for a limited time. The nearest town has a population of 20,000 or so and there's times I'd swear that every last person in town is at Walmart on Sunday afternoon and the overload from being bombarded with all that energy can really wear the shields down. :noway: :mad: After a couple of hours of that, I'm more than glad to get back to the house!
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Not yet :blushing: , but I'm hoping some day soon.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    frit it seems you really need us! I went to my inlaws way out in the country in TN for 2 wks one year. I had a whole new outlook on my mother in law after that. My hubby was so excited to do nothing for 2 wks. I almost jumped from the moving vehicle when we started home!!

I do love the country tho. We are looking for a vacation home in the smokies, i love those smokies!