SBF...Sept 3

Good morning.
I am trying my best to get back on a schedule today. I've done horrible the last few days. You know what? It started when I upped my calories. I don't know why but it did. I'm tempted to take it back down to 1200 and not fret it if I eat 100-200 cals over (pretty much what I am eat now). I do better when it's strict. For some reason when I go up I binge.
So I am starting my day out right....drinking water. No fruit juice for breakfast. I'm so dehydrated that my lips are horribly chapped and it hurts to smile. How did that happen!
I am getting ready to do my push ups (around 70) and then I am going to do Shred level 2 and hopefully Cardio Max. I also have to get some cleaning done because some guys are coming over to repair a cable in the attic this afternoon. (Poor guys! It's going to be blazing hot up there!)
So here's to getting back on my schedule today!:drinker:
I hope you all have a great day! :flowerforyou:
Melissa

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Good morning.
    I am trying my best to get back on a schedule today. I've done horrible the last few days. You know what? It started when I upped my calories. I don't know why but it did. I'm tempted to take it back down to 1200 and not fret it if I eat 100-200 cals over (pretty much what I am eat now). I do better when it's strict. For some reason when I go up I binge.
    So I am starting my day out right....drinking water. No fruit juice for breakfast. I'm so dehydrated that my lips are horribly chapped and it hurts to smile. How did that happen!
    I am getting ready to do my push ups (around 70) and then I am going to do Shred level 2 and hopefully Cardio Max. I also have to get some cleaning done because some guys are coming over to repair a cable in the attic this afternoon. (Poor guys! It's going to be blazing hot up there!)
    So here's to getting back on my schedule today!:drinker:
    I hope you all have a great day! :flowerforyou:
    Melissa
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Hi everybody!

So, I stayed within my calories even though I exercised less (calorie-wise) than usual yesterday. I find it interesting how my ideas about what constitutes "exercise" have changed over time. . .

I'm trying to change my relationship with sugar right now, as I've been indulging too much/often. For the first part of my weight loss, I did this "potatoes not prozac" thing. . .(it's a book/plan) and I'm trying that again. It's not rocket science, and it's very basic. Essentially, you eat a "protein" a "brown" (complex carb) and a "green" at every meal. And, three hours after dinner, you eat a potato. So, I've been doing that the past few days. It's a serotonin thing. . .I find that I actually am addicted to sugar/bad carbs, in the classic sense after a conversation with my husband comparing the way he feels after eating certain foods with how I feel. I haven't been hungry between meals, so. . .we'll see. Oven fries at night. . .what's not to love?

Today is :
    water, vits, bikram, and sending in my "absentee ballot" forms (they are monstrous!)

Oh, and a paper I wrote just got accepted for a conference! Whee! (this is equivalent to published, almost. . .very exciting in grad student world)

Happy Wednesday! (it is Wednesday, right?):flowerforyou:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Alas, even though I did well yesterday, I still am up half a pound since last week. Damn. I am hoping that the running I did yesterday, plus pushups and shred, just means my muscles are recovering and retaining water. Oh, and all the extra calories I had to eat yesterday because I worked out more are still in there. Yeah, that's it. Took my measurements - thigh and hip each down 1/2 inch since last month. I don't know if my waist is gonna get much smaller - I measure at my natural waist (smallest point) and I don't tend to have a lot of fat there. It's been 31" for the past several months (yes I really AM big boned - you should see my ribcage!), but my hips are still slimming down.

:yawn: Got up this morning and did Shred, then aerobics class tonight. Lots of water and not pigging out at lunch. No need for subjects in my sentences.
    Oh, and a paper I wrote just got accepted for a conference! Whee! (this is equivalent to published, almost. . .very exciting in grad student world)

Wow, that's awesome! :drinker:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    And the pound came back
    the very next day
    Yes, the pound came back
    I thought it was a goner
    But the pound came back
    It just wouldn't stay away, away, away

Yeah, well, I know I should always weight twice before counting it. Did make it to kickboxing - apparently it's only 35 minutes then abs and stuff, so I left and did elliptical and walk/jog. Today is walking, weights, yoga.

Congrats V! oh my personal favorite for potatoes: cut up red potato in slices, nuke until tender, spray non-stick pan with Misto (I use olive oil in mine), fry 'em up. Rosemary is a good addition as well.

Oh, I'm trying to add a word into the language - Fried Dining - for places like Fridays, Cheddars, Applebees, Benigans, etc - so please use it when referring to those places.:bigsmile:
  • mechanicmom
    Mary, my lost pound came back the next day too. I was back in the 140's again for 24 hours. Sigh. Not sure if I should give this upped calorie thing another week or not. I seem to have less control.
  • yoginimary
    Mary, my lost pound came back the next day too. I was back in the 140's again for 24 hours. Sigh. Not sure if I should give this upped calorie thing another week or not. I seem to have less control.

I think you need to go to 1 pound a week (you only have 20lbs to lose). If you can't go to 1 pound a week, then how are you going to deal with maintenance? I don't mean to sound harsh or anything. Maybe it would help to plan your meals more? There isn't anything in my house to binge on, unless I make it from scratch, and that helps..

I'm giving mine another week to see how it goes.
  • mechanicmom
    If I set my goals to 1 pound a week then it's 1240 cals. I guess I could try that. I mean it says that's what's recommended. I may even be 3-4 pound heavier than the scale says because it's an analog and old. I just don't want to up the numbers! :laugh: I'll try 1 pound and see what happens. I did have it on 1/2 pound at 1350. I'm just getting frustrated.
    I decided to sit down and do my meal plans like I used to: set specific meals for specific meal times, instead of what do I feel like tonight off my menu plan. Maybe that will help me cut out junk and remember that I have certain foods in the kitchen that need to be eaten!
  • yoginimary
    If I set my goals to 1 pound a week then it's 1240 cals. I guess I could try that. I mean it says that's what's recommended. I may even be 3-4 pound heavier than the scale says because it's an analog and old. I just don't want to up the numbers! :laugh: I'll try 1 pound and see what happens. I did have it on 1/2 pound at 1350. I'm just getting frustrated.
    I decided to sit down and do my meal plans like I used to: set specific meals for specific meal times, instead of what do I feel like tonight off my menu plan. Maybe that will help me cut out junk and remember that I have certain foods in the kitchen that need to be eaten!

Oh, I thought you were at 1.5 lbs a week. Just try one more week at 1/2 pound. For me, please :bigsmile: so I have a partner in loss!
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Good morning all! This morning I will be extreamly busy again arrg. I will be at my moms all day so I am bringing my food there to cook so I dont go over my cals. I want to burn 360-400cals so I can have a treat that 360cals.. I havent had one in a while and im craving it. I need to do this within an hour and need to get myself and the kids ready with in that time. :grumble:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Well today was my 2nd day of the shred. My calves were already sore from Level 1 yesterday and I did Level 2 today. Whoooooo! Loved it! I'm feeling good today, so I may do yoga or cardio max later in the day. Hope everyone is drinking their water!!! waterbottle.gif
  • Hi ladies. I was up & at it early. Did Turbo Jam & then got myself and my son ready for his first day of Kindergarten. Parents are allowed to go and spend the day acclimating them. It was the hottest day in weeks here & the outside activities were almost unbearable but we both survived.

I'm pretty sure there won't be any walking tonight. Logan can barely keep his eyes open.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Hi everyone, did my hour walk today and a little bit of gardening. Got on the scale and almost cried. I had gained 8 lbs. Don't know how to change the ticker to make it right but I don't care because I'm bummed out about it. I knew I wasn't paying attention but I guess I will have to get back to logging food and not eating the reallly yummy stuff anymore. Oh Well! After I do the hour walk for about two weeks I'm going to try a cardio dvd. But I think I have to start out slow or I will do something like hurting myself. Well have a good rest of the week seeing as it is hump day. I'll try to post everydaytoo because it will make me think more of what I am doing.
  • Hey guys! Today is a scheduled day off of the Shred Challenge, but I'm planning a walk for later tonight.
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Oh yeah, it *is* Wednesday, isn't it? Weird. Good luck getting back on the wagon, Kjllose - we're here for you! :flowerforyou:

Thanks for the "burpie" explanation. Those sound awful. :laugh:

I forgot my shoes so I couldn't go to aerobics class. So I came home and put in Yourself! Fitness - it was a fitness program that they released several years ago for the original Xbox. I jacked up the difficulty a bit from the default, and man, was I sweating. I am not exactly proud of the fact that I made up some of my extra calories by having a beer and some DELICIOUS Garden of Eatin' Key Lime Jalapeno chips - but I did enjoy them! :devil:
  • mechanicmom
    Okay Mary, I will go till the end of the week at 1/2 a pound. If there's no loss, then it's coming down again. :laugh: I have got to beat this somehow!
    I have to raise my calories anyway because I had ice cream tonight. :noway:
  • mechanicmom
    Actually I custom set the calories so it's .8 pounds instead of a half a pound. So I will stay there until the end of the week.