MFP Runner's Club 9/4

ali106
ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
Morning Runners!!!

Just finishing my coffee then heading out for another nice fall like run! woo hoo...gonna do at least 3 today again because of the time issue....otherwise I'd go for more!

Hope you all have a wonderful day no matter what you do!:wink:

Hope Shannon's little on is better too...and all of us that are sick or injured are healing fast too!!!:flowerforyou:

HUGS!
Ali :drinker:

Replies

• ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Morning Runners!!!

Just finishing my coffee then heading out for another nice fall like run! woo hoo...gonna do at least 3 today again because of the time issue....otherwise I'd go for more!

Hope you all have a wonderful day no matter what you do!:wink:

Hope Shannon's little on is better too...and all of us that are sick or injured are healing fast too!!!:flowerforyou:

HUGS!
    Ali :drinker:
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Morning! I just got done doing 2 miles on the track at the college's rec-fitness center. It was great. I finally got my butt out of bed this morning and got there. I'm hoping to go every M-F before work. I'm glad I have this option because it's (finally) raining this morning....

Have a great day everyone! :flowerforyou:

- Margie
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    G'morning! I'm back from a 3.5 mile run. Last one w/ my buddies before their half IM this weekend! We just missed the rain, got home and it started pouring!!

My neck is feeling much better from my bike crash (aka, fall over clipped in! LOL). Glad to know I'm not the only one that has happened to!

Have a good one!

Jess
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Good morning fellow runners. Did 3.5 this morning with the running group. It was very muggy and hard to breathe. It is suppossed to be 90 and humid today. Glad we got it done early. We haven't had rain for quite some time so it would be welcomed. We are supposed get some on Saturday due to TS Hannah. We will see how that goes.

Everyone else have a great run today if you haven't been out yet. I hope it is cool for you.
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Good morning:flowerforyou:

Thank you all for being here this morning. My mileage is high this week and I am losing my enthusiasm. I ran 8 miles this morning.

Enjoy the day:drinker:
    -Kechie.
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Kechie -- you're doing great!! I am upping my mileage too and any change gets.. wearisome sometimes.

Today 4.3 folks -- not too bad. Another climate control day on the ole treadmill -- exciting stuff... I have a 5 miler coming up Oct 12th in Spokane Washington so getting close -- I should get a ticker but that requires... I dunno motivation? Haha. Well off to dinner soon -- have a great day! :happy:

Future -- looks like an alright day, little ho-hum but, it's Thursday whatcha expect?
  • Hi all!

I'm taking another rest day today and tomorrow. I'm supposed to run 7 miles on Saturday, and my back/neck/shoulder is still very sore from Boot Camp on Tuesday. (It's amazing how much you use those muscles when you run!) I'm hoping I'll feel well enough by Saturday!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Sorry I haven't been posting, but I have been running. I've been mega busy at work, and at home with us about to close on the new house (packing, doing legal stuff....etc.) Anywhoo, been running about 4 miles a day for the last 3 days. Except yesterday I did some of those nasty 4 corners (run 1 jog 3, run 2 jog 2, run 3 jog 1, run all four, start all over again after 1 minute rest)
  • I am determined to get back what I have lost due to time off, so..... on Tues I ran 30 min on the treadmill, which is all I've been able to do for the past several weeks. Today I decided to push myselft to do 35 min. I was feeling pretty good so I went to 40 min. At 6.2 mph that's just over 4 miles, but almost what I was doing before my vacations hit. I'm happy with this and will just have to keep it up!!

Sheryl
  • mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    Banks- please tell me those numbers are minutes and not miles.....

I am gonna try that today- it is an interval training, right?
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member

If I remember his post from a while ago, 4 corners are 4 cones 50 meters apart. Then you run the first 50 and jog 150, run 100, jog 100, etc.

I should do these on the 200 meter track I use, although I'd probably look foolish... :laugh: :sick:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    G'morning! I'm back from a 3.5 mile run. Last one w/ my buddies before their half IM this weekend! We just missed the rain, got home and it started pouring!!

My neck is feeling much better from my bike crash (aka, fall over clipped in! LOL). Glad to know I'm not the only one that has happened to!

Have a good one!

Jess

And adding in my leg workout. I did Cathe Friedrich's Gym Style Legs- I'll be feeling that tomorrow!

Great job to everyone today!

Jess
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    What is the difference in "run" and "jog", in your opinion folks????

I ran today.... my interval training. Shins are starting to hurt. :grumble:
  • It was a tuff run this morning at 530 folks. Last night of golf league last night which involved a few beers and a shot.(and not the kind with a golf club!)...had the running partner not been standing in the drive way, I would have been SLEEPING!

Anywho...4 miles in....that is the last run before my 1/2 this Sunday. Then I have 2 runs next week and have to take 4 weeks off. YIKES! I might go nuts!!

Hope all is well my Running Buddies!

Ali
  • kimarm
    kimarm Posts: 9 Member
    Hi runners,
    I'm in such a quandry right now. I've been running for years and just love it. But this past month my achielles tendon has been killing me when I get out of bed in the morning. It also sometimes burns. When I rub it, I've noticed bumps. I've reduced my run to a walk (or nothing at all) and am doing more stretching. I thought that laying off for a couple weeks would help, but no. I've cancelled my 10K and now it's burning during my spinning class, and everyday moving around. I know I need to call the doc, but I'm dreading what this could be. Has anyone else experianced what I'm assuming is achielles tendonitis? And, if so, what was the outcome?
    - Dreading the Doctor's visit in MI...
    Arm
    :frown:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member

If I remember his post from a while ago, 4 corners are 4 cones 50 meters apart. Then you run the first 50 and jog 150, run 100, jog 100, etc.

I should do these on the 200 meter track I use, although I'd probably look foolish... :laugh: :sick:

Essentially, that is correct. Ack, when I say run, I mean FULL OUT, AS FAST AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN GO SPRINT. You'd be surprised how nasty they are. Do 5 or 6 of those over a 15 minute period and you WILL feel it, something nasty too. If you've never done it before, I doubt you will be able to get more then 3 in before having to stop for a 5 minute rest.
    I can't even imagine doing something like that for 1 full minute, never mind 1 full mile. Ack! It's pretty much interval training. If you run on a 200 meter track (never heard of a 200 meter track though, did you mean 400 meters?) then this would work, but on a 400 it's probably too much. Unless you go 85% and 60% or something like that. To go all out for 400 meters is not something I recommend for anyone who hasn't tried it before, I used to do the 4X400 relay in high school, it's a rough race.
  • jadaigle
    jadaigle Posts: 161 Member
    I did 3.5 miles this morning.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Late Night Post!! Whose here with me!?!?!?

I got in my 7K this am early am before the kids were awake. Must tell everyone - I AM NOT A MORNING PERSON!! so this was hard for me - but it felt good to get it overwith. I am off tomorrow so i think I am going to go to Boot Camp in the morning and then do 3 miles. I have a 10mile long run this weekend.

ALIMASSA - Good Luck on your 1/2 this weekend?!?! Is it a big race? Why 4 weeks off?

Kechie - what's up with your lack of enthusiasm? that is just not like you girl! come on - keep your chin up!! You are such a consistent runner!

so I noticed that my nike + is significantly different than my treadmill. I think I am going to have to break down and go to the track and calibrate it. Sigh....
  • Late Night Post!! Whose here with me!?!?!?

I got in my 7K this am early am before the kids were awake. Must tell everyone - I AM NOT A MORNING PERSON!! so this was hard for me - but it felt good to get it overwith. I am off tomorrow so i think I am going to go to Boot Camp in the morning and then do 3 miles. I have a 10mile long run this weekend.

ALIMASSA - Good Luck on your 1/2 this weekend?!?! Is it a big race? Why 4 weeks off?

Kechie - what's up with your lack of enthusiasm? that is just not like you girl! come on - keep your chin up!! You are such a consistent runner!

so I noticed that my nike + is significantly different than my treadmill. I think I am going to have to break down and go to the track and calibrate it. Sigh....

Nice work on the run this morning! I love morning runs...

There are about 800 people signed up for the race last time I checked. Sioux Falls, SD 1/2 Marathon..I think it benefits Childrens Miracle Network. 4 weeks off because I am having surgery (check my other thread!!)

Finally (I am writing a lot cause all the other crazy runners are sleeping! lol) I have not calibrated my Nike+ either...it was actually pretty close to my treadmill. My biggest fear at this point is I think I have been running 12 miles and only going 8 or something and will have a heart attack at the 1/2 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ali
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Late Night Post!! Whose here with me!?!?!?

Nice work on the run this morning! I love morning runs...

There are about 800 people signed up for the race last time I checked. Sioux Falls, SD 1/2 Marathon..I think it benefits Childrens Miracle Network. 4 weeks off because I am having surgery (check my other thread!!)

Finally (I am writing a lot cause all the other crazy runners are sleeping! lol) I have not calibrated my Nike+ either...it was actually pretty close to my treadmill. My biggest fear at this point is I think I have been running 12 miles and only going 8 or something and will have a heart attack at the 1/2 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ali

Sorry, I have not been keeping up on with all the threads!! Which is why I am just posting at 10pm!! Surgery - YUCK!! Hubby's done recovering and now it is your turn!!?!

I know what you mean about the distance - which is why I really need to calibrate - hate to think i am logging 7K and it was actually like 3 miles! Nightmare! My treadmill is very old so I am not confident that is accurate anymore. :grumble: