SBF Sept 4

cp005e
cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
Wow, starting my first thread! I guess today is a (mostly) rest day for me - I overslept so I didn't have time to do Shred, and I have a massage after work, so... I'm not gonna screw it up by exercising right after. :bigsmile: I'll try to squeeze in a walk at lunch, and I'll do my pushups late this evening. My weight on the scale has still not recovered from the weekend.

Replies

• cp005e
    Wow, starting my first thread! I guess today is a (mostly) rest day for me - I overslept so I didn't have time to do Shred, and I have a massage after work, so... I'm not gonna screw it up by exercising right after. :bigsmile: I'll try to squeeze in a walk at lunch, and I'll do my pushups late this evening. My weight on the scale has still not recovered from the weekend.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Hi!
    Cp thanks for starting this morning! A massage sounds super good right now. My neck is stiff this morning.
    Today is grocery shopping day. I count that in my calories since it takes 2 hours some times. I am going to buy 2-3lb hand weights today to add to the Shred video. I've been needing to get some for quite a while.
    After shopping, I will do Shred, hopefully level 2, as much as I hate it. :laugh:
    Need to drink all my water and stay within my calories.
    Mary talked me into staying at 1350 calorie intake for now. If there's no change by Monday morning on the scale or in my clothes, then I am probably going back down. I was losing weight both ways 7 months ago. I don't know what my problem is now. I think it's cause I turned 32 over the summer. :tongue:
    Have a wonderful day everyone!
    Melissa
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Today I get mentored. Yesterday I only burned about 100cals and went over by like 500 :sick: Im not fretting it. Today I dont have time to work out. Im going to be so busy now!! arrrg! I really am not looking forward to the weekend.

Today I also find out if the house we have put an offer on will be ours or not! Im nervous about that!
  • Mornin' All! Again, boring Turbo Jam but I'm loving the results so I guess I'll keep at it awhile longer.

I put Logan on the bus this morning:cry: and now realize how busy he kept me. I'm SOOOO bored I could scream.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Made it to weights, yoga, and did a walk yesterday. Today, I will try a video and walking. It's finally cooling down in the morning. I went outside and it was nice (about 70 degrees) - and the 100 degree heat indices are gone. Yeah!

I was invited to join (lead a class) in this Global Mala thing. It's 108 sun salutations. For those that don't know, that would be like 108 burpees slowed down, with a down dog and up dog thrown in. My husband thought I could do it - I laughed. It's next March sometime. I won't be leading it, but I may consider joining in.

I got my Anusara yoga videos yesterday. I hope to try them soon. They are 90 minutes, so probably pretty intense. Yeah!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    That's a lot of sun salutations! Whoa. I bet you could do it, though. . .you could train for it. . .it's like a salutation marathon. . .

Today is the gym for weights and spinning.

On a nutrition update:

I'm enjoying the no-snacks thing. I find that I'm less hungry. Also, after a few days without refined stuff, I'm having fewer cravings. We'll see if it lasts into next week when I'm back full-force at school/teaching. (hello. . .stressy-messy) I think I may be a person that does better on the whole "three squares a day" thing, as long as I include the protein and the slow-burn carbs. I'm actually planning on weighing in tomorrow, so we'll see how that's worked. . .(ugh.)

Happy workouts! Take care of yourselves, today.:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    ) I think I may be a person that does better on the whole "three squares a day" thing, as long as I include the protein and the slow-burn carbs. I'm actually planning on weighing in tomorrow, so we'll see how that's worked. . .(ugh.)

I'm the same way. I was happy to read in "What to Eat" that she said snacking doesn't work for many people. I was getting tired of reading that the way to lose weight was to eat throughout the day. If I sit down to eat, I eat! Also, I would spend all my time preparing food.
  • mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    hmm- so do you guys eat only 3 meals and just split your calories into 3?? I would love to know how you find that working for you. It is interesting to think about instead of 4-5 smaller meals.
  • lotusfromthemud
    hmm- so do you guys eat only 3 meals and just split your calories into 3?? I would love to know how you find that working for you. It is interesting to think about instead of 4-5 smaller meals.

And, I'm having a super carby snack before bed (long story. . .serotonin involved). So, that ends up being three fairly large meals and one about 200-300 calorie snack.

I have been having small snacks if I get hungry (like an oz of raw almonds) but I haven't been hungry very often. Just trying to "change it up" to see if my metabolism will get a losing kick-start one last time.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    My calves are sooo stiff today from the last 2 days of Shred. I'm walking like I have peg legs or something! :laugh: I've been trying to stretch them out but they just won't seem to budge.

Well tonight I'll be working on dishes and getting in a shred and P90x. Whoohoo!
  • lotusfromthemud
    My calves are sooo stiff today from the last 2 days of Shred. I'm walking like I have peg legs or something! :laugh: I've been trying to stretch them out but they just won't seem to budge.

free tip from a OT friend of mine: have someone roll them out with a rolling pin (or other similar rolling pin shaped object). It works. I actually bought this thing called "the stick" which does the same thing. I have scar tissue in my calf muscles, so this is a common issue for me.
  • cp005e
    Hmmm. I kinda tend to eat when I'm hungry, plus I force myself to have something in the morning even if I'm not hungry. And I usually don't need a whole lot of food at once to feel satisfied, especially if I drink water with my meal.

Lately it goes something like:

* granola/yogurt or soymilk smoothie for breakfast around 8:00 (though this morning I wasn't hungry, so I had a glass of OJ and 10 almonds, and then a Clif Kid bar with my coffee when I got to work)
    * 1 cup coffee w/cream & sugar at work, around 9:30
    * maybe a piece of fruit around 11:00-11:30
    * lunch (leftovers or an Amy's frozen meal) somewhere around 12:30-1:30
    * maybe a yogurt or string cheese around 3:30-4:30, especially if I'm working out after work or my lunch was small
    * a handful of nuts and maybe some juice when I get home from working out if dinner isn't ready yet
    * dinner around 7:30-8:00
    * maybe a piece of chocolate or frozen yogurt if I have calories to spare

But I am often just as happy having my yogurt/cheese at noon, and then not eating my lunch until 3:30 or 4:00. *shrug* I don't let myself stay hungry for very long, because I am more likely to make bad decisions. Though, if I'm busy, I will flat-out forget to eat. :embarassed:
  • yoginimary

I'll eat fruit as a snack before or after an afternoon workout, but pretty much I eat 3 meals a day. Usually 500, 600, 600-700, (bkfst, lunch, dinner) and a 200 calorie fruit snack (yep, I eat that much fruit).
  • yoginimary

Well tonight I'll be working on dishes and getting in a shred and P90x. Whoohoo!

If you don't have a friend around, take a blanket or beach towel, roll it up in a rolling pin shape, place it behind the knees, and sit onto the heels. Make sure it's as far up behind the knees as possible.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    108 sun salutations!!!! Is that number significant for a reason? I once did a class where we did 50 of them in a row and I thought I would die. Wow. I wonder how long it would take to do 108? Kinda cool idea though...it appeals to me more than the 100 pushup challenge out there...hmmmm.

I'm a six mini meals a day person, although I'm working really hard to keep my dinners low in calories. I seem to have the bulk of my calories after 2pm -- I'd like to have it be the reverse.

Yesterday I did Shred Level 2 for the first time in a long time and wow, I was hurting. Couldn't finish a lot of the stuff that I had been able to finish before. I've let my exercise slip, need to get back on track.

Speaking of, I'm going to be starting a new thread today -- I'm looking for an "accountability partner" to help me through the next shoot (14 days). I want to make much better choices this time around.

Today:
    ~ Legs/ Cardio at the gym
    ~ Drink my antioxidant water
    ~ Take my vitamins
    ~ Stay in control at my sister's house during the visit
  • mechanicmom
    Oi. I didn't make a good choice for lunch. I was hungry and I am really limited to where I can eat because my son can't eat very much. It started out when we went grocery shopping. We went to Walmart and in the middle of checking out the computer slowed WAAAAAAYYYYY DOWN! I stood there for 30 minutes waiting for the computer to catch up. Thankfully my son was in a good mood! I was doing okay (I've been a cashier before and it's not fun when people start griping at you for something you can't fix!), but I was getting hungry. It was only 11. My best bet would have been to get a snack since I still had another store to go to. But I forgot. Once I got to the other store, I just wanted to get done and get home. I stopped at Chick fil a and got what I usually do. It didn't even dawn on me to get make a healthier choice there! Duh! So I've eaten all my calories at lunch. I need to work out for an hour to get some more so I can eat tonight. Maybe one of these days I will learn! So Shred 1 and 2 here I come. Ugh! I could do Taebo and burn the same amount, so maybe I will do that. One or the other.
  • mechanicmom
    Okay, I must have felt really bad about eating out for lunch because I did 45 minutes of Taebo and shred level one! I hope I made up for my mistake! Now my afternoon is pretty much gone and I have to clean and make dinner. I want a day off and it probably won't come till the middle of next week! Oh well, at least I'm not sitting on my butt....well, I am now, but I am about to get up. :laugh:
    I also measured my waist and hips and that was enough to get me depressed. I have gained 3 inches in my waist and 2 inches in my hips since February! But I chose to work out instead of going to the kitchen so that is an improvement. I feel ashamed and embarrassed. How did this happen? Oh yeah. Too many lunches like today!:grumble:
  • RachVR6

free tip from a OT friend of mine: have someone roll them out with a rolling pin (or other similar rolling pin shaped object). It works. I actually bought this thing called "the stick" which does the same thing. I have scar tissue in my calf muscles, so this is a common issue for me.

Gotta see if my bf will help. I gotta find a rolling pin or something, haha.
  • RachVR6

If you don't have a friend around, take a blanket or beach towel, roll it up in a rolling pin shape, place it behind the knees, and sit onto the heels. Make sure it's as far up behind the knees as possible.

I tried this and it definitely helped a little. Thank you! They're still pretty stiff though.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Hey I might try the rolling pin thing, my legs hurt. I started the day out well, then donuts called to me and it went to h**l. I did do my hour of walking, and most of my waters. I just seem super hungry lately and want alot of sugar and I don't know why. Oh well tomorrrow is another day and I'll try again. One of my goals this month is to not beat myself up mentally because I don't stick to a strick diet. I will have to work on that one because I tend to guilt trip myself alot. Just wanted to make my post. I really need a place to talk too.