Got my new POLAR F6-let the calories burn!

I popped for the F6.

I was frustrated with my timex as all it did was give me the heart rate.

Now I can really see how many calories I am burning. I have a feeling the Plateau is almost over.....

Has anyone seen a difference since using the F6-in tracking and burning calories?

Woo Hoo...a big work out is in store for me tonight (get your minds out of the gutter....ooorrrr maybe not!) :bigsmile:

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    I popped for the F6.

I was frustrated with my timex as all it did was give me the heart rate.

Now I can really see how many calories I am burning. I have a feeling the Plateau is almost over.....

Has anyone seen a difference since using the F6-in tracking and burning calories?

Woo Hoo...a big work out is in store for me tonight (get your minds out of the gutter....ooorrrr maybe not!) :bigsmile:
  • I love mine! Gives you a more actual picture of calories burned ... which is nice rather than a rough estimate. Best of luck and many calories burned!
  • Mely
    Mely Posts: 166 Member
    keep us posted how you like it. I ordered one too and can't wait until it arrives and I can see if my excercise burning calculations were right. Let us know if it motivates you.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Whoohoo! Great choice. I love mine!
  • arewethereyet
    I cant wait! I want to go work out now but I have to work :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    I am waiting to be able to afford it. Right now I have a strapless one I use and I really like it and I know that it works some but I would like to get one with a strap that way it can be more accurate.
  • arewethereyet
    I am in LOVE with my new F6. I knew the calories burned were too high on MFP and too low on the eliptial read out. I worked out for 45 min and burned 300 calories. Also I can get off the machine and dance like a fool-still recording my calories.

I am so pysched!!!!
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    I am in LOVE with my new F6. I knew the calories burned were too high on MFP and too low on the eliptial read out. I worked out for 45 min and burned 300 calories. Also I can get off the machine and dance like a fool-still recording my calories.

I am so pysched!!!!

Oooo! I am SO jealous of you right now. I've been itching to get one, but stupid things keep happening to take my "fun" money away. :angry: :grumble:
  • Mely
    Mely Posts: 166 Member
    Cool. What excercise did you do that burned 300 cal in 45 mins?
  • I am in LOVE with my new F6. I knew the calories burned were too high on MFP and too low on the eliptial read out. I worked out for 45 min and burned 300 calories. Also I can get off the machine and dance like a fool-still recording my calories.

I am so pysched!!!!

Oooo! I am SO jealous of you right now. I've been itching to get one, but stupid things keep happening to take my "fun" money away. :angry: :grumble:

Ditto, I want one too but just can't put back the money right now! mmmm,i keep hinting around to my husband that a HRM (f-6 in particular:wink: )would be a fantastic birthday present! LOL! My b-day is a couple of months away!....ain't I a stinker:happy: :bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    Cool. What excercise did you do that burned 300 cal in 45 mins?

Eliptical machine moderate (hr 130 average) for 30 minutes
    Dancing like a fool to rap music (heart rate 145-150) 10 minutes

The HR for my age is in the 70-80% range.

The good thing was I could get off the machine when I got sick and tired of it, keep my HR up dancing and having fun, then got back on to continue.

really a great tool :love:
  • arewethereyet

I am so pysched!!!!

Ditto, I want one too but just can't put back the money right now! mmmm,i keep hinting around to my husband that a HRM (f-6 in particular:wink: )would be a fantastic birthday present! LOL! My b-day is a couple of months away!....ain't I a stinker:happy: :bigsmile:

Be specific punk, I paid 40 bucks for another HRM that didnt count calories and I was so sad :cry:
    Not that it was bad, it just told me HR and I wanted to know other info. The F6 is on sale 99.00 right now (cuz they came out with other models)