curves

Options
I was wondering, If any one of you guys went to curves. If so did you like it? Did you see results?

Replies

• rachel41
    rachel41 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I was wondering, If any one of you guys went to curves. If so did you like it? Did you see results?
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I went to Curves about 5 years ago, I think it may have been fairly new then. I thought it was fun, the ladies were nice, and I lost a good amount of inches. However, I was also biking 10-25 mi a day, so I don't what my results would've been without that. I did like that the machines are hydraulic, so the harder the push, the greater the resistance. Generally I hit 12 reps per machine, then I did high intensity stuff like jumping for the rest.
  • johnsscarlett
    johnsscarlett Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I went for over a year and I did see results but I became bored with it after a while. I did build some muscle and that was a good thing. I now belong to a gym and I like the variety much more.
  • racoon1
    Options
    I tried it too. It was fun but I felt it was more of a social club.I lost about 3lbs there and decided to get my excercise outdoors instead. I lost alot more lbs and saved $$$$$. What really melted the fat was drinking 2 cups of water in AM then walked 45 min to 1 hr right after. Also started taking more vitamins like ginseng, Chromium and vitamin B along with multi-vitamin. When I started on this site I was 138lbs but was 158 then lost 20lbs doing the walking etc
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I went for over a year and I did see results but I became bored with it after a while. I did build some muscle and that was a good thing. I now belong to a gym and I like the variety much more.

I found that it became boring too. I got to the point that I dreaded going and I'd try to hurry through the circuit; I'd skip the recovery stations all together and just do 1 minute straight on each of the machines, which is so not at all what you are supposed to do. It ended up being a waste of money for me because while I did lose weight, I have gained it all back.

When I first started at Curves, it was intense and I felt like I was really working hard. As I continued to go though, I guess my body adjusted and the exercises weren't as challenging as before. That's when I stopped seeing results, I got discouraged, and I ended up quitting.
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    . I have lost a total of 42lbs going there. i go 3-5 times a week and it is like everything else u get out of it what u put into it. I bypassed another gym in the same plaza that is cheaper because at curves i get more personalized service, it only takes 30 minutes and i am done. The atmosphere at my curves is great. I have made alot of friends there and we meet to do the ciruit about 10 am on most days i like having
    work out buddies and it has worked and is contiuning to work for me. All my weight loss is not reflected on mfp cause i joined the site just last month and i only weight monthly on my dr advice. so i say if ur a busy person without alot of time to work out and u are willing to work the circuit vigorously go for it. For me it has been worth every penny wishing u great success
  • rachel41
    rachel41 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE ADVICE!