Burn baby Burn

I have been thinking about the difference of the before me and the me of today. I have a neck injury so by the end of the day I am in a good deal of pain from work. I drive and work on a computer, both of which cause neck/upper body pain.

I would end work, come home at 4-7 pm and lie down. In bed. During daylight. Then the TV would come on. I did not realize at 47 yrs old my life had come to working and lying in bed watching TV. I reasoned that was I was in pain.

I now refuse to walk into the bedroom until after 8pm. At first it was hard but I thought, hmm if I have time to lay in bed, I have time to do 30 minutes of exercise.

Small changes.

I now exercise each day, and do upper body stretching and strength training. My pain is better, and the blood in my body flows more like a river than a sludge pump.

I find myself breaking into dance, popping up the stairs, walking from the back of a parking lot, going 1 more time around the mall, racing younger people at the walk/jog park. At the airport I turned my music on and used up my time walking from one end to the other.

My energy is UP UP UP and I know I am burning more calories.

Anyone else find themselves moving more? It feels great doesnt it.

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    I have been thinking about the difference of the before me and the me of today. I have a neck injury so by the end of the day I am in a good deal of pain from work. I drive and work on a computer, both of which cause neck/upper body pain.

I would end work, come home at 4-7 pm and lie down. In bed. During daylight. Then the TV would come on. I did not realize at 47 yrs old my life had come to working and lying in bed watching TV. I reasoned that was I was in pain.

I now refuse to walk into the bedroom until after 8pm. At first it was hard but I thought, hmm if I have time to lay in bed, I have time to do 30 minutes of exercise.

Small changes.

I now exercise each day, and do upper body stretching and strength training. My pain is better, and the blood in my body flows more like a river than a sludge pump.

I find myself breaking into dance, popping up the stairs, walking from the back of a parking lot, going 1 more time around the mall, racing younger people at the walk/jog park. At the airport I turned my music on and used up my time walking from one end to the other.

My energy is UP UP UP and I know I am burning more calories.

Anyone else find themselves moving more? It feels great doesnt it.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    I find myself dragging the family out for walks after dinner because I have energy and want to MOVE! It's wonderful! :bigsmile: