Any other P90x'ers Starting today? 9/1/08

Just started P90x today and WOW what a work out. My arms are still killing me.Just thought that if anyone else had started this today that it would be good to take this jurney together.

Replies

• Just started P90x today and WOW what a work out. My arms are still killing me.Just thought that if anyone else had started this today that it would be good to take this jurney together.
  • edidri6
    edidri6 Posts: 15 Member
    I am finishing Power 90 this week. I have a Jiu Jitsu tournament Saturday and then I will take a week off before kicking it up a notch to P90X. I am really looking forward to kicking up the intensity.

Power 90 has been great, I have lost nearly twenty pounds, increased strength, flexibilty and cardiovascular capacity. The best part is all I have to do is "push play" six days a week and eat right! The eating part is the toughest part, but when I started seeing the results, it became a whole lot easier!

"Bring It!"
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Just started P90x today and WOW what a work out. My arms are still killing me.Just thought that if anyone else had started this today that it would be good to take this jurney together.

I just started today.
  • Well yesterday I got some of the guys at the firehouse to do P90x chest and back and by the end they were lying on the floor. I rode a stationary bike while they did the chest and back along with the ab ripper x. We had a call right as we were finishing up with that work out. I got most of plyo in before we had another call and by the time we got back from that it was getting late and so I went in and watched the 10 o'clock news with the rest of the guys. I got shoulders, arms, and ab ripper x in for today and am feeling good have lost 1 pound already and haven't even been doing this that long. Hope everyone that started on 9/1/08 is having as much fun as I am. Lets hear other 9/1/08 X'ers updates so far.
  • ChubbyBunny
    Well...I am still sorta able to walk..:laugh:
    There are times it's kinda a waddle though.
  • I hear ya there I am so sore all over. hopefully this will get a little easier as time goes on. I find it hard though to get as many calories as what they say on here. I am struggling with my sodium intake even though I use low sodium foods.
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    I have been doing P90x since December and still love it. it might seem like a lot of food, but if you spread it out into 5-6 mini meals, you will get it in and not be hungry. As for the soreness, try some sort of recovery drink 4:1 ratio carbs to protein. It really does help with the muscle soreness. I had ran out and believe me I regretted it, had trouble walking and laughing for 3 days!
  • ChubbyBunny
    I hear ya there I am so sore all over. hopefully this will get a little easier as time goes on. I find it hard though to get as many calories as what they say on here. I am struggling with my sodium intake even though I use low sodium foods.

Me too! I am only supposed to hit 1800....but when I clock my HRM I am not burning as many as they average for their nutrition plan. So, I am not sure if I should just stick with what I am doing (eating only the actual exercise cals I am burning) or if I should just suck it up and eat more.
  • The book is kinda confusing on how all that works. This site is about 800-900 Calories under what the P90x book says. I guess as long as you are burning more than you take in you have to lose weight. Or thats the it should work. Keep up the good work and be safe out there.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Good luck to you starting P90X! I've been using it since April of last year, and it's awesome! The first couple weeks are tough though, I remember hardly being able to lift my arms after Chest & Back! Definitely get some recovery drink and make sure you're getting enough cals. Do NOT eat only 1,200 cals while doing P90X!!

Let me know if you have any questions!

Jess
  • kimarm
    kimarm Posts: 9 Member
    HI all of you fitness pals !
    My husband and I started the P90X last winter and I have to say I'm addicted to the yoga tape. I do like the other tapes as well, but yoga by far is my fave.
  • ChubbyBunny
    I just did the Yoga....and am waddeling today....my hip flexors are not happy with me.
    :cry:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    I'm about 40 days in. Good luck on your journey!
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    I am on my 3rd round of the x, but have had to put it on hold as my hip went out. The program advocates that you burn about 600 cals per workout. The only sure fire way to know what you are burning is to wear a HRM. I can't believe that someone LOVES the yoga tape. It is sooooo long. I agree that it is great for flexibility.

BRING IT!

Carol