Stronger, Better, Faster Challenge, 9/5

4 weeks left!

So last night, husband calls me into the back room to see what our new kitty is doing. He's pushing the scale around with his nose!?! Maybe trying to remove it from the house so we don't yell at it? No such luck. Turns out there was a good sized cockroach underneath it. Good kitty.

Yesterday I did the BL bootcamp and walked. Today I'm going to the gym where I will teach yoga as well as maybe doing the cybex if it's available. My dad is coming too. So I have him to push me as well as dinner with the in-laws at one of my favorite restaurants. Chocolate mousse filled cannoli, yum.

Happy workouts y'all!

Mary

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    4 weeks left!

So last night, husband calls me into the back room to see what our new kitty is doing. He's pushing the scale around with his nose!?! Maybe trying to remove it from the house so we don't yell at it? No such luck. Turns out there was a good sized cockroach underneath it. Good kitty.

Yesterday I did the BL bootcamp and walked. Today I'm going to the gym where I will teach yoga as well as maybe doing the cybex if it's available. My dad is coming too. So I have him to push me as well as dinner with the in-laws at one of my favorite restaurants. Chocolate mousse filled cannoli, yum.

Happy workouts y'all!

Mary
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Kitty is a mighty hunter. Good kitty.

Skipped my weigh-in this a.m. due to my special lady time arriving. That would explain the bloating of the past few days. . .I'll re-start Friday weigh-ins next Friday.

Today was supposed to be bikram, but have a social engagement that conflicts, so I'm going to the gym for some interval training on the elliptical. Yesterday in spin class, I was the only student so we did an "endurance ride", which consists of elevating your HR to 70% max and keeping it there for 45 minutes. On the seat. (ouch. . .on the old backside). It was cool, and the instructor said "I couldn't do that with most people", so that was a huge compliment for my ego.:happy: I do, however, see padded bike pants in my future. . .

Also today, meeting with an adviser (I have three) to start the re-write on the conference paper, water and vits.

Take care of yourselves, and happy workouts.:flowerforyou:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    My calves are still killing me today, but the rolling pin and towel helped a lot...as for icy hot, it didn't do crap. :laugh: I don't think there's going to be any exercise happening today, but I suppose I'll catch up on laundry or dishes instead, or maybe just flop down on the couch with a book. I'm feeling exhausted! :yawn:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Skipped my weigh-in this a.m. due to my special lady time arriving. That would explain the bloating of the past few days. . .I'll re-start Friday weigh-ins next Friday.

Ha - apparently we're on the same schedule! :embarassed: Mine came (early) today, too... and I'm hoping that maybe I can blame that for being back up a pound this week... To be honest, though, I usually don't notice that much of a difference. :ohwell:

Did my pushups last night and otherwise sat like a log and drank lots of water to get the most lasting effects from my deep-tissue massage. (aaaaaahhh) Back to Shred this evening, and probably a short walk in a bit (if I can stand the heat). I'm gonna try and stay on track this weekend and get my workouts in, and hope to see some progress when I weigh in on Tuesday.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    I don't have much to report, but I guess that's okay.
    Did my push ups this morning: 85!
    I'm going to do Shred level one today. I know, I should be doing level two. I will either do Cardio Max, Power Sculpt, or taebo with it. Not sure which I feel like killing myself with today. I'm not sore today from working out so hard yesterday, so I guess I'm not working out hard enough. :grumble: I don't have a lot of time to work out this afternoon so I will have to see what I can get in. Trying not to get depressed since my body seems to be at a standstill.
    I need to drink my water today too. Still dehydrated. I don't remember ever struggling this bad with dehydration. Does drinking more water make you all thirstier? It does me. I just wonder if I am more dehydrated this year because I am drinking more water and less of everything else so my body expects more water to be there than I used to have. Maybe that doesn't even make sense.
    Anyway, gotta eat lunch and get some cleaning done then work out. I would really like to have a day of laziness! :laugh:
    Melissa
    Oh and I just realized that I have burned over 3000 calories this week! That's almost a pound, so you would think I would see the scale change on Monday right? I don't think I've ever burned that many calories in a week...not that I remember. It's probably chum change for you guys though.
  • RachVR6
    My calves are still killing me today, but the rolling pin and towel helped a lot...as for icy hot, it didn't do crap. :laugh: I don't think there's going to be any exercise happening today, but I suppose I'll catch up on laundry or dishes instead, or maybe just flop down on the couch with a book. I'm feeling exhausted! :yawn:

Okay change of plans....

I had McD's for lunch. :noway: :grumble: and now I'm over my calories for the day so when I get home I'll be doing KenpoX and probably Level 1 shred. Maybe it'll help loosen up my calves. I think tomorrow I'm gonna sit around the house a play guitar, possibly record some new stuff for my youtube. It's been awhile and I'm in a singing mood.
  • mechanicmom
    Okay change of plans....

I had McD's for lunch. :noway: :grumble: and now I'm over my calories for the day so when I get home I'll be doing KenpoX and probably Level 1 shred. Maybe it'll help loosen up my calves. I think tomorrow I'm gonna sit around the house a play guitar, possibly record some new stuff for my youtube. It's been awhile and I'm in a singing mood.
    I want to see you on youtube! How do I find you? :smile:
  • RachVR6

http://www.youtube.com/user/RachVR6
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    phew this week is almost over!! ive been so busy and I work 6days!! Just 2 more to go! I have done no exercising and I went over my cals for the last 2 days but my weight is still dropping :huh: Thank goodness my body is being easy on me!! We just bought a house... so now i have to get everything packed up all and that fun stuff! Its our very first house im qutie excited!
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member

http://www.youtube.com/user/RachVR6

Rach you have a beautiful voice!! good for you thats so awesome!
  • mechanicmom
    Hey Rach! Sounds good! You are talented!

I did Shred levels 1&2! After 1 I said there's no way I can do 2, but I started it and I did a very modified version of it.:laugh: Where she said there were no modifications...I made some! But I got through it!

Tomorrow is going to be the real test. We have two parties to go to. One with cake and one with pizza. Oi! I've got to get some exercise in tomorrow morning!

Then some friends are wanting to take out for Chinese on Sunday after church. What's okay to eat at a Chinese restaurant? When I do go which is hardly ever, I get lemon or sweet and sour chicken. Any tips?

Oh and Carrie congrats on getting your house! I'd be very excited too!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member

Then some friends are wanting to take out for Chinese on Sunday after church. What's okay to eat at a Chinese restaurant? When I do go which is hardly ever, I get lemon or sweet and sour chicken. Any tips?

Steamed, not fried. Look at PF Changs menu - that should help - they have all the calorie info on their site.

Congrats on the house Carrie!
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Hey Everyone! Greetings from the road. Got in a workout this morning before my flight, and going again right now -- I just want to burn another 250 so I can even out my calories.

The next two weeks are going to be a huge challenge for me -- so bear with me as I repeat my goals!

* Burn 500 calories 5 out of 14 days
    * Yoga/ Core Pilates 3 days in hotel room
    * Only drink with the crew on 2 out of 14 nights
    * NO eating after 8pm

Stay strong, everyone!