I'm Going To Do This

Hello, my name is Mary Ann but my friends call me Mac. Yesterday was my first day and I must say I did struggle and had a few slips but "I'M GOING TO DO THIS"! My daughter is in the Air Force and getting married next July. Although I want to look good for her wedding pictures, more importantly, I want to be around when she has children. I want to be a grandmother that can be active and keep up with my grandkids. I have struggled with my weight for the past 29 years and now that the big "50" is coming up in February, I am aware now more than ever how much I want to be healthy and active. I love this website (my daughter told me about it) and the simplicity of tracking calories, fats and carbs and I look forward receiving and giving encouragement to others. God Bless :flowerforyou:

Replies

• macattack
    macattack Posts: 7 Member
    Hello, my name is Mary Ann but my friends call me Mac. Yesterday was my first day and I must say I did struggle and had a few slips but "I'M GOING TO DO THIS"! My daughter is in the Air Force and getting married next July. Although I want to look good for her wedding pictures, more importantly, I want to be around when she has children. I want to be a grandmother that can be active and keep up with my grandkids. I have struggled with my weight for the past 29 years and now that the big "50" is coming up in February, I am aware now more than ever how much I want to be healthy and active. I love this website (my daughter told me about it) and the simplicity of tracking calories, fats and carbs and I look forward receiving and giving encouragement to others. God Bless :flowerforyou:
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    you can do this:smile:
    welcome:flowerforyou:
    jackie
  • it's always easier when you do it for yourself. keep up the great attitude!! you can do anything you put your mind to.
  • amyn
    amyn Posts: 3
    plzz tell me sum exercise abt lossing weight of 5 kgs plzz as soon as possible
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Welcome, I think your reasons for being here are fabulous! You can definitely do this :flowerforyou:
  • 88002.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter:
    :happy: Hey, You CAN do this!! I also am quickly approaching the big "50" and also I wanted to lose about 75 pounds- so there are a lot of similiarities. I have a new grandson that I love and want to be around for. This has helped me get started on my goal. Even though i still have a long way to go, I feel so much better physically and emotionally- you will too- one day at a time. You have made the decision to be healthy- that is the first part and probably the most important! Beth
  • plzz tell me sum exercise abt lossing weight of 5 kgs plzz as soon as possible

Check out this website, it has great information about exercise and weight loss.

www.bodyforlife.com
  • Just keep checking in on this website and look around at the different posts, there is so much information out there to learn from.
  • Welcome! Be glad you made this choice. I've been here a week and everyone seems so supportive!! :flowerforyou:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    You absolutely can do this. Try to work for progress rather than perfection. Just try to keep learning new things and be consistent with logging. You'll find that not only do you lose weight, your relationship with food will become healthy again. But you need to log everything to get all the benefits. Just like everything else in life, you'll learn the best lessons from your mistakes, but if when you eat things you think you shouldn't and don't log them you won't learn a thing. In fact you'll often give yourself permission to go further off course (I have that party tonight anyway, I'll just start tomorrow, oh wait tomorrow is that breakfast meeting...) If you eat something you shouldn't, but log it, you'll realize that it didn't throw you off as much as you thought and you can do a little exercise and be right back on top.

There is a ton of support here. As questions, I have to warn you this is addictive though.
  • macattack
    Wow, I am so touched by everyone's encouragement and support.:heart: Thank you all so very much! I look forward to journaling my food every, hearing and giving encouragement! This is awesome!
  • you are going to do this and Im going to help i love you mom!!!
  • macattack
    Beth, we do have many similarities! It will be great cheering each other on. Let's keep in touch.
  • macattack
    dothompson, great words of advice and I will remember them. I have been logging in my daily food and I need to exercise more. I've been a couch potatoe for way too long and little by little I'm getting my body to move more and less TV.
  • macattack
    I love you too sweetie. Thank you for steering me to this wonderful site and for being such a wonderful and inspirational daughter. You are my hero.
  • Hey welcome, You will love this site. I've only been on my journey to lose about 80 lbs since the 22nd of August and I've done pretty good. You will too, just take it one day at a time.

Good Luck!
  • Congratulations!:flowerforyou: I am just getting started myself.