New

Options
my name is melissa, and i am a mom to a special needs child, due to her needs I have lost track of mine. And now i need to lose wt as I am now battling health issues. I am a bored snacker and need help with that, im bored and all i do is eat.

I joined the gym this week. Yeah.

Melissa

Replies

• angels4hailee
    Options
    my name is melissa, and i am a mom to a special needs child, due to her needs I have lost track of mine. And now i need to lose wt as I am now battling health issues. I am a bored snacker and need help with that, im bored and all i do is eat.

I joined the gym this week. Yeah.

Melissa
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    I'm a bored eater too. I'm also a nervous eater. I'm also a gourmet snacker. You get the picture.

I really know where you're coming from and I wish I had the magic key to pass on to you to help you past that bad habit but all I can say is to get on MFP and start jotting down your thoughts in order to keep from picking up something unhealthy. I would also add that getting rid of all of the unhealthy foods and replace them with fruits, veggies, etc.

Welcome aboard and keep coming back!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! There are quite a tons of moms here! even a few with special needs children so I know you'll fit in perfectly! :flowerforyou: I'm a bored eater too... eating is probably my most favourite pasttime! :grumble:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Welcome Melissa! You will love it here!

I use to eat when I was bored...Now I try to go workout...or at the least, go outside with a glass of water and start weeding the garden or something. Good luck girlie! You can do it! :flowerforyou: <~~~ From my garden...of course! LOL

• holleyberry1
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

Hi Melissa! Welcome!!

I too use to eat when I was bored. Now when I am bored I call a friend, give myself a manicure/pedicure, pick up a good book... you get the idea. I also taught myself how to knit. Its pretty hard to shove food in my mouth when I have a knitting needle in each hand (and I have a terrific scarf wardrobe now!!!).

You CAN succeed!!

Best of luck to you (and your daughter, too)!