Life Is Good!

It's truly not in my nature to post something about myself (eek!), but I want to encourage everyone out there to keep working hard to achieve your goals. It is so rewarding when you start winning the battle with yourself, especially when it's a battle you've been losing for years.

I didn't do that much really. I only set out to lose 20 pounds, but have lost all that and more. I've now reset my goal to lose another 10 (I still have some left over belly, dang it!). In the process I have rediscovered my love of running. When I started MFP 3 months ago I could barely run a mile. I ran a 10-miler today. Like everyone else, I've had to push through lousy plateaus and frustrating days, but the payoff did finally come. Thank God!

It's such a treat to have my clothes fit loosely again. it's great knowing that I could participate in almost any activity without sucking wind or hurting myself. And the peace of mind that has come with being in control of my body is worth a million bucks.

I'd like to thank everyone who's been posting on this website. You don't know it, but many of you folks have been a great inspiration. I just hope that I can return the favor. I have further to go, and a lifetime of enduring fitness in the future, but that's OK. It's better than the alternative.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE! HAVE FAITH IN YOURSELVES AND KEEP WORKING YOUR PLAN.

Replies

• It's truly not in my nature to post something about myself (eek!), but I want to encourage everyone out there to keep working hard to achieve your goals. It is so rewarding when you start winning the battle with yourself, especially when it's a battle you've been losing for years.

I didn't do that much really. I only set out to lose 20 pounds, but have lost all that and more. I've now reset my goal to lose another 10 (I still have some left over belly, dang it!). In the process I have rediscovered my love of running. When I started MFP 3 months ago I could barely run a mile. I ran a 10-miler today. Like everyone else, I've had to push through lousy plateaus and frustrating days, but the payoff did finally come. Thank God!

It's such a treat to have my clothes fit loosely again. it's great knowing that I could participate in almost any activity without sucking wind or hurting myself. And the peace of mind that has come with being in control of my body is worth a million bucks.

I'd like to thank everyone who's been posting on this website. You don't know it, but many of you folks have been a great inspiration. I just hope that I can return the favor. I have further to go, and a lifetime of enduring fitness in the future, but that's OK. It's better than the alternative.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE! HAVE FAITH IN YOURSELVES AND KEEP WORKING YOUR PLAN.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    WOW! What a great post and an even better accomplishment! Congrats to you for taking control of your health and life!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:

You must be SO proud of yourself and I am sure this post will help to inspire others!

Best of luck with the final 10!! I have no doubt you will get there! :bigsmile:

Take care!
    -Tami
  • stacystar
    stacystar Posts: 175 Member
    I for one know that you just helped me. Congrats on all you have achieved!!!
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Awesome story!! It is so nice to hear of success stories. And way to go on the 10 miler :drinker: even more cause for celebration!!
  • IAM125lbs
    IAM125lbs Posts: 235 Member
    Wonderful inspiring post! Congratulations
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Thank you so much.

I have struggled and struggled but I keep chipping away.

Great Story

Thanks again

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    woot woot! Way to go! I know if I tried to run ten miles I would probably keel over. Congratulations on all you have done so far!
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    I am so learning that slow and steady wins the race... kinda hard for me personally as I'm much more the rabbit personality rather than than the turtle *giggle* So way ta go, and keep on keeping on, you totally rock!
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Thanks for the post! I appreciate your encouragement! Way to go!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!