Runners Club - 9/5

2»

Replies

• TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member

I am sorry for droning on so long but I am excited! I thank each of you for you dedication and commitment and for the gift that you give every day by sharing your stories.

Keep moving
    JD

No droning that is awesome news -- side effect of running; health. Thanks for the inspiration.

Today was a 2 mile ruin, .5 mile hill walk and 20 min on the stair stepper.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    I was on the treadmill bright and early at 5am this morning. I walked for 10 min and then ran for 55 and then walked for 10 more to cool down.

I have a question for you guys, well actually ladies, if any of you run on the treadmill what do you do to mix it up and keep it fun? I live in northern Wisconsin and the winters are horribly cold not to mention it gets dark at 4:30pm so I will not be able to run outside at all this winter. I'm looking for ideas to keep my treadmill running fun. Any ideas?

Way to go Sherry and pmkelly on getting up at at 'em early!

push with the treadmill. Don't start it just grab the hand bars and start walking, if you can, work up to a slow jog. All using your own power. It's a much different workout then just letting the treadmill get up to speed. Do this for 3 to 5 minutes and WILL feel it. Add this to the middle of your workout to mix things up and surprise your leg muscles.
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    I was on the treadmill bright and early at 5am this morning. I walked for 10 min and then ran for 55 and then walked for 10 more to cool down.

I have a question for you guys, well actually ladies, if any of you run on the treadmill what do you do to mix it up and keep it fun? I live in northern Wisconsin and the winters are horribly cold not to mention it gets dark at 4:30pm so I will not be able to run outside at all this winter. I'm looking for ideas to keep my treadmill running fun. Any ideas?

Way to go Sherry and pmkelly on getting up at at 'em early!

push with the treadmill. Don't start it just grab the hand bars and start walking, if you can, work up to a slow jog. All using your own power. It's a much different workout then just letting the treadmill get up to speed. Do this for 3 to 5 minutes and WILL feel it. Add this to the middle of your workout to mix things up and surprise your leg muscles.

Does that not damage the machine??