Stronger, Better, Faster Sept 6

cp005e
cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
I didn't see a topic yet this morning, so I'll get things started. I'm beginning to get a bit frustrated at not losing. I know it's only been a month or so, but I feel like I've been stuck forever. I guess I'm in that "last 10 pounds" (or 15, in my case) stage where my body just doesn't want to give anything else up. I haven't lost anything since I increased my calories, and if anything I think I've gained some back. I guess I will give it a little more time, but I am tempted to cut them back again. I'm just not sure what else to do. I really don't have time to exercise any more. As it is, I get out of work, exercise, eat, and then tend to feel too 'spent' to do anything useful (like work on my capstone).

I guess it's good to know that I can maintain at this weight. But I really want to get down another 10-15 pounds (I already changed my goal - originally it would have been 25 pounds, but I decided that wasn't realistic for my frame). :frown:

OK - whine fest over. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    I didn't see a topic yet this morning, so I'll get things started. I'm beginning to get a bit frustrated at not losing. I know it's only been a month or so, but I feel like I've been stuck forever. I guess I'm in that "last 10 pounds" (or 15, in my case) stage where my body just doesn't want to give anything else up. I haven't lost anything since I increased my calories, and if anything I think I've gained some back. I guess I will give it a little more time, but I am tempted to cut them back again. I'm just not sure what else to do. I really don't have time to exercise any more. As it is, I get out of work, exercise, eat, and then tend to feel too 'spent' to do anything useful (like work on my capstone).

I guess it's good to know that I can maintain at this weight. But I really want to get down another 10-15 pounds (I already changed my goal - originally it would have been 25 pounds, but I decided that wasn't realistic for my frame). :frown:

OK - whine fest over. :flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    cp, I'm right there with you. I think that 140ish is my "set point" and trying to coax my body under that is not going well.

I've increased my weight training, in the hopes that that will help me get smaller if not lighter. (or bigger and buffer. . .which is also ok. I long to wear a tank top and have someone say "damn." at my guns.)

Today, to that end is weight training with my trainer. She promised me kettlebells, so I'm excited.

I was a social butterfly last night, which although big huge fun, was not so good on my eating/behaving front. I managed to stay within my calories, but that was with 3 (ouch.) cosmos and thai food at midnight. I wore skinny jeans and heels. I felt so glam, but now my feet hurt.

So, today is extra water to compensate for the vodka and fish sauce, vits and maybe a short walk after weights. (or, I must confess, maybe a nap.)

Take care of yourselves!:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Yep, I think we all know how you feel. I have these last two days of eating more, then it's back down again (unless, of course, there is weight loss!).

Yesterday had a good workout on the cybex and yoga. Had a great dinner and set aside the 500 calories for dessert - then husband ate almost half!

Today is more going out to eat with lots of dessert opportunities (in-laws in town & grandmother loves dessert). So, a good session on the elliptical and hopefully some yoga in the afternoon. Want to see how many sun salutations I can do, though my wrist is still tweaky.
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Good morning. Wow seems most of you are hitting those plateaus eh. I still have a lot of weight to lose so maybe thats why im not really at one yet... Its just going slower than I would like it to. Today I plan on staying in my cals, drinking my water... and thats about it. Im cleaning tihs morning then I work tonight... I then have church early Sunday morning and then work again that night :grumble: Im really starting to hate work. I think im gonna quit and then just go to my other job in October. It will give me all this month to clean and pack that would be nice.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Hi Ladies.
    Yes, I am on a plateau also and it's driving me nuts. I see no change in my clothes or on the scale. UGH!
    Today is a crazy day and it will have to be my splurge day I guess. A couple of parties to go to and no time to exercise. I will be going to Wally World in a minute to get some thing to fix the light in the kitchen. Then one of the parties is at a play place so maybe I can chase my son around and burn cals that way.
    I did do the test for push ups today. I can do 35 plank style push ups! It wasn't as much as I had hoped but I started out only able to do six! I still have a long ways to go to get to 100. And next week intimidates me big time!
    So I am off to party all day. Maybe this will shock my body or boost my metabolism or something. I'm trying not to get discouraged. Hearing about you all suffering too has helped me keep it in perspective and I realize I am not alone and we need each other. So thanks for being here guys!
  • Sexythighz
    Sexythighz Posts: 159 Member
    I can so relate! I have 4 kids and although I look so much better now before I had kids, I still can't seem to get my hips down! I have been stuck in the 170's for like forever! No one believes Im so heavy I guess because of my muscle mass but I would love the scale to move. Im aiming for 160 and then I should be good. Anyway just gotta keep trying!

Steph