Valentine's Day Fitness Challenge Check-In January 11

TGIF! Plan something different to add to your exercise routine over the weekend. Something you just can't fit in during the week... It will be fun!

So, can you believe it that when I finally fell in to bed last night at 1am I just then remembered that I hadn't actually exercised yesterday?! How could I possibly have forgotten? Oh well. I did do quite a bit of running in the snow with my dogs (which was quite fun and for some crazy reason it didn't bother my ankle) and I spent over an hour in Target pushing an overflowing cart (clearance toys went to 75% off) with my 1 year old in it and carrying my 3 year old with my other arm (which I alternated often). My arms are KILLING me today so that must count as a weights workout, right?! :bigsmile:

Anyway, have a super fun, exercise-filled weekend!
+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
Niccole

ps I lost 4 1/2 lbs this week of the 6 I gained over the holidays. I think I'm gonna be just fine...

Replies

• NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    TGIF! Plan something different to add to your exercise routine over the weekend. Something you just can't fit in during the week... It will be fun!

So, can you believe it that when I finally fell in to bed last night at 1am I just then remembered that I hadn't actually exercised yesterday?! How could I possibly have forgotten? Oh well. I did do quite a bit of running in the snow with my dogs (which was quite fun and for some crazy reason it didn't bother my ankle) and I spent over an hour in Target pushing an overflowing cart (clearance toys went to 75% off) with my 1 year old in it and carrying my 3 year old with my other arm (which I alternated often). My arms are KILLING me today so that must count as a weights workout, right?! :bigsmile:

Anyway, have a super fun, exercise-filled weekend!
    +++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole

ps I lost 4 1/2 lbs this week of the 6 I gained over the holidays. I think I'm gonna be just fine...
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Niccole,
    Sounds like you got some exercise to me! I would have counted it anyway. :wink:

Don't know how much I am going to do today. I'm still dizzy from going to the dentist yesterday. It's suppose to be nice today so I may go for a walk this afternoon when it warms up and I need to do some upper body strength training, as well as lots of house work. I may get all of it done or none of it! We'll see how it goes!
    Have a blessed day!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Oh and congrats on your weight loss this week! I hope to see a loss when I step on the scale on Wednesday!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    I dream of weight loss like that. I figure, come the apocalypse, I'll survive quite a while without food - if I can only out-run all the cannibals. Too much sci-fi, sorry.

Yesterday was uphill walking - about 4 miles. I just can't jog. I'm not sure why - mental or physical. Drop me a line if you have any ideas why jogging is so difficult for me.

I'm debating if I should do kickboxing or elliptical today. Oh, the difficult decisions we have to make in life.
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Thank you, Thak you, Thak you! You guys are awesome. Just when I was about to give up, you pulled me through.

As a result, I am now officially in the 150s for the first time in about 5 years! I was so excited I woke up my husband to come look at the scale while I was standing on it naked! :laugh: I guess he realized that if I did that, I was REALLY excited, so he was happy for me (or maybe it was me naked, either way, mission accomplished:laugh: )

Have an amazing weekend everyone! I'm committing to 60 minutes now that I'm on the right track!
  • kckat96
    kckat96 Posts: 72
    :happy: Lost another 1 lb since Wednesday. Saturday is water walking at the pool. Sunday is water walking at the pool and 1 hour of Tai Chi Bear Frolics.....with some Tiger Frolics thrown in for fun. Happy weekend everyone......Positive thoughts and hugs from kckat96:bigsmile:
  • lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    I just can't jog. I'm not sure why - mental or physical. Drop me a line if you have any ideas why jogging is so difficult for me.

I also have a hard time jogging or running. I took the Cool Running Couch-to-5K Running Plan and modified it to my liking. I started a new topic with the details so as not to hijack this one.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    45 minute spin class tonight
    40 minute walk there and back.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Exercise this coming week is going to be a challenge. I'll be chasing my 3 year old grand daughter around for a few days. I don't think she'll be happy with gwamma getting on the treadmill. We'll see
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    I actually took a day off & feel terrible about it. First time in so long I can't remember. Circumstances just made it impossible for today. I did get some walking in while I went shopping. Tomorrow is another day...:frown:
  • mrsjo79
    mrsjo79 Posts: 123
    One hour on the treadmill, and my husband just challenged me to a couple of games of Wii boxing (that counts, right?:bigsmile: )