New Member Here!

Hey everyone, new to the website, old to the diet game. Tried many diets, nothing seems to work, figure it's time to give the old " calories in - calories out == (negative number)" routine. I've recently beat testicular cancer and I figure its time to turn my life around in all aspects. I'm just trying to get down to the weight my doctor said would be good based on my build and height. I hit my all time high of 243 a few months ago, and now I'm down to around 220. Want to get to that 195 so only 25 lbs to go, but from what I hear, the hardest to lose. Hope to get some support from the forums and try to be diligent about my eating/exercise habits, although I can't exercise heavily until I recover from my surgery for the cancer. Should be about another month before I can really get into it. :ohwell: Hope to have some luck here and look forward to reading all of your success stories! :happy:

Replies

• plm209
    plm209 Posts: 222 Member
    Hey everyone, new to the website, old to the diet game. Tried many diets, nothing seems to work, figure it's time to give the old " calories in - calories out == (negative number)" routine. I've recently beat testicular cancer and I figure its time to turn my life around in all aspects. I'm just trying to get down to the weight my doctor said would be good based on my build and height. I hit my all time high of 243 a few months ago, and now I'm down to around 220. Want to get to that 195 so only 25 lbs to go, but from what I hear, the hardest to lose. Hope to get some support from the forums and try to be diligent about my eating/exercise habits, although I can't exercise heavily until I recover from my surgery for the cancer. Should be about another month before I can really get into it. :ohwell: Hope to have some luck here and look forward to reading all of your success stories! :happy:
  • :flowerforyou: welcome
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Welcome to MFP!:happy:
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    welcome to MFP! :)
  • welcome! you'll do great!:glasses:
  • marskids
    marskids Posts: 296 Member
    Welcome...and congrats on beating cancer!!! All the best
  • Welcome to the Group! :flowerforyou:
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Welcome from me too.

Don't look at this as a "diet" because diets make you feel like you have to achieve a goal and once you're there you can go back to what you were doing before. I think that's the biggest downfall of all fad and other things classified as diets or cleanses.

If you look at MFP as your chance to clean up your lifestyle eating habits I think you'll be far more successful and healthier in the long run. You'll be more than happy to accept the changes into your every day life style and it will eventually become 2nd nature.

Good Luck and keep posting!!
  • Welcome! It sounds like you've had a rough time but at least now you're on the track to health and success. Glad to hear you beat the cancer!! Best of luck and I'm sure you'll love this site!
    :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Welcome! Best of luck to you!!! I am sure you will find this site and the people on it amazingly helpful and supportive! We will help get you through to your goal! :wink: :bigsmile:

Best of luck! Congrats on beating cancer!! :drinker: :flowerforyou: And congrats on the great job you have done already! :drinker: :flowerforyou:

-Tami
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Welcome to MFP. The people here are awesome! Congrats on beating cancer! You can do it! :smile: :drinker: