BELLY FAT

I work out religiously and eat really well but I can't seem to lose my belly fat - what's wrong with me and what do I do??!?! Help please!

Replies

• bostongirl987
    bostongirl987 Posts: 104 Member
    I work out religiously and eat really well but I can't seem to lose my belly fat - what's wrong with me and what do I do??!?! Help please!
  • What kind of cardio are you doing? High intensity cardio is the only thing that's going to get rid of the last little bit of fat in the belly area. Try aerobics or a mat pilates class.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    What belly fat?

j/k.

Try Billy Blanks Ab Bootcamp - it's very intense, and if you do it DAILY, and lower your fat a little, you may see the results you want.

Sorry I can't be of more help. I just hope you're being realistic about your goals. Remember, we're WOMEN and it's supposed to be BIOLOGICALLY okay to carry a couple extra ounces of 'fuel' on our abdomen. Just a thought.
  • Back when I was in high school and only weighted 120 lbs. :happy: I did cruches faithfully! I did 200-300 crunches a day 100-150 every morning and night. :noway: And even then I did not have a washboard stomach :huh: but I was small enough that I felt comfortable in a bikini.:love::tongue: God I miss those days! :sad:
  • Girl:

If I knew I would tell you. I have the same problem. I tend to gain weight in my belly. At this point I am trying to decrease carbs ( bread, pasta), increase cardio and do toning exercise for the abdomen, situps, abdominal twist, pelvic tilts, leg lifts etc. As I get older and am permenopausal, my lower pouch is getting bigger but with the above I am seeing a little difference. Hope this helps.:bigsmile:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Girl:

If I knew I would tell you. I have the same problem. I tend to gain weight in my belly. At this point I am trying to decrease carbs ( bread, pasta), increase cardio and do toning exercise for the abdomen, situps, abdominal twist, pelvic tilts, leg lifts etc. As I get older and am permenopausal, my lower pouch is getting bigger but with the above I am seeing a little difference. Hope this helps.:bigsmile:

Other than the pre-men-on-pause, you discribed my life to a T! I'm losing it in my arms and legs, even my bum! But the tummy butt will not budge!!

I think it may have something to do with alcohol consumption......
  • Possible, the alcohol turns to sugar.
  • bostongirl987
    bostongirl987 Posts: 104 Member
    Ya I am a college student and I drink too much so that may be right..... Damn.
  • I have the same problem...except i also have the back fat to match the belly fat. I've been working out with a trainer and have lost about 7 inches off of my waist. Our formula: high protein (no less than 150 gm per day), low carbs (no more than 50 grams per day), and TONS of cardio (at least 60 minutes 6 days a week) in addition to 3 strength training workouts with him each week. Seems to be working for me.