Soon to be Military Wife

My fiance searched for and found me after 26 yrs and this December we are getting married. He first saw me in college when we were 19, I'd like to get close to the size I was when he met me.

He's ok with me, but it's my personal goal.

Also, I need some insight as to how it is to be a Military wife.

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• My fiance searched for and found me after 26 yrs and this December we are getting married. He first saw me in college when we were 19, I'd like to get close to the size I was when he met me.

• GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    My fiance searched for and found me after 26 yrs and this December we are getting married. He first saw me in college when we were 19, I'd like to get close to the size I was when he met me.

Welcome! You will love it here! What branch of service?:flowerforyou:
  • I wouldn't worry about anything. The one good thing about the military is the courses, classes, workshops, etc...that they have for spouses. Once you get to a base, your husband should get orientation papers, plus you can always look at that bases website to find out all the great oportunites that they have there. Don't be afraid to ask questions, and your husband will meet other soldiers who are married and it won't be long before you have new friends.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    My husband is retired ARMY, he did 20 yrs of military service. I was in the ARMY myself for 4 yrs. Our daughter is now in the ARMY and so is her husband. So, we are a military family. Just be prepared to support him in his military career, it is like anything else. It has its ups and downs. Be prepared to be on your own sometimes. He will be deploying one time or another. You will have to be very patient and understanding. Some of the good things is the traveling. We were in Germany for 6 yrs and we loved it!!! Feel free to email me privately if you have any questions or concerns. And I want to thank you both for your service!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Welcome! I'm new here myself. Being a military wife is tough, the main thing I can tell you is to be super supportive of him and just take everything one day at a time.
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    As a wife to a military man, I can't really tell you how to be a military wife! LOL. Just be willing to go to any event they have (holiday parties with their squadron) and be willing to make food for any potlucks they have even when he tells you at the last minute that he offered your cooking services for the next day. :laugh: :laugh:

I have had that happen a few times now....

I hate the deployments, but the homecoming are so sweet! It just takes a lot of hope, trust, and endurance, you can do it!!

oh, I wanted to add that you may or may not move around, but enjoy it all even tho you may not want to move. You get to meet fun people and experience things some people never get to. Try to keep a positive attitude and all will work out just fine, but still make sure you are still heard by him. Ha, I am just giving all over advice, huh?