finally giving in

hello my name is jessika and over the last 2 years i have notice my weight isnt going up and down anymore its just going up. and im not happy with what i see when i look at myslef. i have my skinny days when im happy with how i look then i have my bad days and feel like everyone is staring at me thinking what the hell was she thinking when she left the house. i dont where short except around the house. i dont wear mid-drift or slim fitting shirts even when i have a closet of them that have been wore once or twice and never touched i have a box of clothes that also no long fit me that i am determined to fit agian. i thought i was unhappy being a 9-10. its even worse when you go to try on 9-10 and have to get 14-17 its tear jerking for me and my mother doesnt help she calls me fat and tells me i look horrible. which is odd because she is so skinny i could snap her in half and she was never that small before my mom is 47 and still fits clothes from jr high

Replies

• hello my name is jessika and over the last 2 years i have notice my weight isnt going up and down anymore its just going up. and im not happy with what i see when i look at myslef. i have my skinny days when im happy with how i look then i have my bad days and feel like everyone is staring at me thinking what the hell was she thinking when she left the house. i dont where short except around the house. i dont wear mid-drift or slim fitting shirts even when i have a closet of them that have been wore once or twice and never touched i have a box of clothes that also no long fit me that i am determined to fit agian. i thought i was unhappy being a 9-10. its even worse when you go to try on 9-10 and have to get 14-17 its tear jerking for me and my mother doesnt help she calls me fat and tells me i look horrible. which is odd because she is so skinny i could snap her in half and she was never that small before my mom is 47 and still fits clothes from jr high
  • Firstly welcome - you have come home !! and we are delighted to share and experience the journey with you. Your Mum must make you sad because I know it made my heart feel a size too small.

This site is truly wonderful and you have access to all the tools and informationyou need

well done

Moreeta
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Welcome! I think your mom & mine must be friends. Only difference is mine tells me I am too old for long hair. Crazy ladies!?!?!? :explode: You are in the right place here, though because the people here are nothing less than 100% supportive and fun.

So glad to have you! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • I totally understand that. I remember being a 9-10 and then I put on a 17 and it fit. I cried. My mom has said the same to me. I don't think they understand that they aren't helping. And as far as your days go... I was the exact same way when I would wear big clothes and then my cute clothes depending on the day. You have to lose weight for you. If you try to do it for someone else you won't succeed. Also, I will tell you I plan my meals out the day before. I put in what I plan on eating to be sure I stay within my calorie count and all that. Then when you click on the done logging button on your home page and you see what you could weigh in 5 weeks, it really gives you motivation to stick to what you planned. And that doesn't even count any exercise!!!

Best of Luck!
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Welcome....I looked at your profile and you are a BEAUTIFUL girl! I'm sorry that your mom would say something like that to you.

Don't get rid of all those clothes yet....you can do this and will be back in them soon! Best of luck!

Katy