Workout FOOD!

What should I eat before/after a workout? I'm ravenous when I get back from spinning but I come home later at night and I don't want to stuff my face right before bed, but I don't want to starve either. What does my body need? Is it bad not to eat after a workout if I eat dinner beforehand? Or should I wait until after? I want to lose but I don't want to eat it all back after I workout? I have heard, however, that the body is in an intense calorie burning zone after an intense workout. Help!!!!!

Replies

• bostongirl987
    bostongirl987 Posts: 104 Member
    What should I eat before/after a workout? I'm ravenous when I get back from spinning but I come home later at night and I don't want to stuff my face right before bed, but I don't want to starve either. What does my body need? Is it bad not to eat after a workout if I eat dinner beforehand? Or should I wait until after? I want to lose but I don't want to eat it all back after I workout? I have heard, however, that the body is in an intense calorie burning zone after an intense workout. Help!!!!!
  • If your hungry, you should eat something. After I work out, I like to nibble on a handful of nuts, or pumpkin seeds. Sometimes I'll eat a slice of whole wheat bread w/ a little bit of peanut butter. That usually helps my hunger pangs. Good luck!
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    I drink a big glass of milk after I go running. It puts nutrients back in your body and nips that hunger without you actually eating something.