Cholesterol down 60 pts thru diet and exercise

Options
arewethereyet
arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
First...If you have not had your cholesterol checked recently-do so. It is very important we know what is IN our bodies. Mine went up due to early onset menopause, and most women do not know that the lowered estrogen in our bodies increases our cholesteral levels.

The main reason I started on this journey was for my health. I am not going to lie, I also want to look hot,hot,hot !

My last visit with the Dr my cholesteral was 267. He put me on crestor and it plunged, but I felt like crap every morning. Kinda like I had morning sickness. I also had NO energy.

When I ate fattening foods it was worse and caused gastreo problems, too.

I was sitting in front of my Doc, telling him all these symptoms. He asked what made me the sickest, I replied Pizza.
I swear he looked like this :noway:
then like this :grumble:
and finally like this :explode:

he is a man of few words, but the look on his face said volumes.

I thought to myself-what would I be saying to me if I was my best friend? "Are you a Moron?" You are taking very strong medication to lower something in your body that can and prob will KILL you and you eat pizza? These meds work in the liver kicking out the bad stuff YOU are putting into your body.

Yesterday I recvd my results. NO meds...NONE...

207 total (still working on even lower number)
Hdl 52
Ldl 131
triglicerides 131

Love ya all!:heart::heart:

Replies

• arewethereyet
    Options
    First...If you have not had your cholesterol checked recently-do so. It is very important we know what is IN our bodies. Mine went up due to early onset menopause, and most women do not know that the lowered estrogen in our bodies increases our cholesteral levels.

The main reason I started on this journey was for my health. I am not going to lie, I also want to look hot,hot,hot !

My last visit with the Dr my cholesteral was 267. He put me on crestor and it plunged, but I felt like crap every morning. Kinda like I had morning sickness. I also had NO energy.

When I ate fattening foods it was worse and caused gastreo problems, too.

I was sitting in front of my Doc, telling him all these symptoms. He asked what made me the sickest, I replied Pizza.
    I swear he looked like this :noway:
    then like this :grumble:
    and finally like this :explode:

he is a man of few words, but the look on his face said volumes.

I thought to myself-what would I be saying to me if I was my best friend? "Are you a Moron?" You are taking very strong medication to lower something in your body that can and prob will KILL you and you eat pizza? These meds work in the liver kicking out the bad stuff YOU are putting into your body.

Yesterday I recvd my results. NO meds...NONE...

207 total (still working on even lower number)
    Hdl 52
    Ldl 131
    triglicerides 131

Love ya all!:heart::heart:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    http://www.christianet.com/cholesterol/index.htm

I also found this site with a lot of good advise.
  • Kaybay37
    Options
    Fabulous! Fabulous! Fabulous!:flowerforyou:

You are so right about the bad habit so many of us have to reach for medication, but not do anything else for the health problems we have.

I'm due for an exam in the next month and I will definitely ask about cholesterol check. Thanks for the tip.

Way To Go on such a great accomplishment!!!! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!