P90X

AJCM
AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
Hey MFP Friends,

Thinking about doing the P90X... anyone with suggestions or feedback on the program? Do I have it right that it is an intense workout program (1 hour per day, 7 days a week) and a diet?

Thanks for any info!
Amanda
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• AJCM
    Hey MFP Friends,

Thinking about doing the P90X... anyone with suggestions or feedback on the program? Do I have it right that it is an intense workout program (1 hour per day, 7 days a week) and a diet?

Thanks for any info!
    Amanda
  • licia67
    licia67 Posts: 109
    P90X Rocks!
    Yes it is an intense workout...there are a couple different rotations; Classic, Lean and Doubles...
    I have completed it twice so far. I will be doing it again and again!!!
    Tony Horton delivers results...as long as you follow the program:smile:
    I highly recommend it, it has helped me to achieve results that I never thought possible:bigsmile:
  • AJCM
    P90X Rocks!
    Yes it is an intense workout...there are a couple different rotations; Classic, Lean and Doubles...
    I highly recommend it, it has helped me to achieve results that I never thought possible:bigsmile:

Sounds great!!!!

My friend loaned me the DVD's, but I have no info on how the program works. I dowloaded these sheets from the net, and I'm confused - do I selelct "Classic", "Doubles", or "Lean" and what does each mean? Can you explain the lay out of the program if it's not too much trouble? Thanks!
  • licia67
    Oh, I forgot, it is 6 days a week and stretching on the 7th day
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    P90X Rocks!

Sounds great!!!!

My friend loaned me the DVD's, but I have no info on how the program works. I dowloaded these sheets from the net, and I'm confused - do I selelct "Classic", "Doubles", or "Lean" and what does each mean? Can you explain the lay out of the program if it's not too much trouble? Thanks!
    \

I love P90X! I'm a Team Beachbody coach, send me a PM or email and I'll be happy to help you out!

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    Hey MFP Friends,

Thanks for any info!
    Amanda

Oh, and yes, it is intense and most of the workouts are 1 hr a day. It comes w/ an eating plan also, you can use MFP to help w/ the nutrition (that's what I do). HTH!

Jess
  • licia67
    P90X Rocks!

Sounds great!!!!

I think that it would be a great idea for you to contact jessmomof3. I have seen her on BB support boards and she is a great source of inspiration, support and information.
    If you need me to I will list the rotations for you later as I am about to go hiking now:smile:
  • AJCM
    P90X Rocks!

Sounds great!!!!

I think that it would be a great idea for you to contact jessmomof3. I have seen her on BB support boards and she is a great source of inspiration, support and information.
    If you need me to I will list the rotations for you later as I am about to go hiking now:smile:

Thanks!!!!
  • jessmomof3

Thanks, sweetie! Have a great hike!

I'd be happy to post the rotations or have them on an Excel file also if that makes it easier! HTH!

Jess
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,335 Member
    Hello! I am new to the boards and MFP. My husband and I are considering purchasing P90X also. I would be interested in seeing the rotation schedule. I currently workout 5-7X/week, alternating Turbo Jam and running. Thanks for letting me piggy back!
  • licia67

Thanks, sweetie! Have a great hike!

I'd be happy to post the rotations or have them on an Excel file also if that makes it easier! HTH!

Jess

If you already have a file of the rotations to post that would be great. It would be a lot of work to type it all up, since every month is different and there are 3 different rotations.

Is there anywhere on BB boards that lists nutrition info? I forget.
    I don't think that anyone will be able to get the most out of the program without the weekly rotations and nutritional guidelines.

Licia
  • I am far too lazy to type up the whole rotation, but the first 3 weeks of the classic version look like this:
    Day 1-chest& back, ab ripper x , Day2-plyometrics, Day 3 -shoulders & arms, ab ripper x, Day4-yoga x Day 5-legs & back, ab ripper x, Day 6- kenpo karate, Day 7-rest or x stretch

This is followed by a "recovery" week of 1. yoga 2. core synergistics 3.kenpo 4. stretch 5. core synergystics 6.yoga 7. rest or stretch

I hope this gives you a little idea of what it is like.

JD
  • p90x is GREAT

I'm in the military and we get some parts of our workouts from those DVDs... wooooonderful system

I'm addicted to the ab ripper-X

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • jessmomof3
    If you already have a file of the rotations to post that would be great. It would be a lot of work to type it all up, since every month is different and there are 3 different rotations.

Is there anywhere on BB boards that lists nutrition info? I forget.
    I don't think that anyone will be able to get the most out of the program without the weekly rotations and nutritional guidelines.

Licia

I have them in Excel, it would be easier just to email them! (my email's in my profile).

The workouts are all about an hour long, except for YogaX which is 90 min and Ab Ripper which is 16 min and you do 3x a week. There are 3 rotations- Classic (more for building muscle), Lean (if you have more weight to lose), or Doubles (if you want more cardio). It's all laid out in the manual.

If anyone is interested in it, check out my site or shoot me an email! I'd appreciate it!

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    p90x is GREAT

I'm in the military and we get some parts of our workouts from those DVDs... wooooonderful system

I'm addicted to the ab ripper-X

Good luck :flowerforyou:

I've heard a lot of military use it also- the pushups, pullups, and exercises are great for a boot camp-style workout. My brother is Army and he agrees!

Ab Ripper X... I hate it, but I love it... :laugh:
  • I was wondering if if I would get results if I sticked to a clean eating diet istead of the p90x diet. I tried it last year and I really had a hard time with the diet. I'm not sure why I eat pretty clean already? Thanx
  • jessmomof3
    I was wondering if if I would get results if I sticked to a clean eating diet istead of the p90x diet. I tried it last year and I really had a hard time with the diet. I'm not sure why I eat pretty clean already? Thanx

Yes, you will get results from clean eating. I don't follow the guidelines exactly- I use MFP to help make good choices and it's worked well for me! Just make sure you're getting in enough cals to fuel your body for the workouts!

Jess
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    [
    [/quote]\

I love P90X! I'm a Team Beachbody coach, send me a PM or email and I'll be happy to help you out!

Jess
    [/quote]

Do you know much about the ChaLean Extreme program yet? I just started doing her TurboJam and I heard about that one and I thought about getting that when it comes out.

Connie
  • jessmomof3

Do you know much about the ChaLean Extreme program yet? I just started doing her TurboJam and I heard about that one and I thought about getting that when it comes out.

Connie

It's coming out soon, I can't wait! I'll let you know when it's available. It looks like an awesome new program from Chalene, I love her!

Jess
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Last we were told is that it's due out in "early November," so there's no set date yet. I got a preview DVD for it, though, and it's pretty intense! I can't wait for it!