Running Races

Anyone doing any races this Spring? I am doing Martha's Run in April. A challenging 10K.

Replies

• fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    I'm doing the RunCbus 10 miler April 10 and the Nashville Country Music Half Marathon April 30 and the Cap City Half Marathon May 8.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    I am still on the fence about this. I am thinking about doing a 5k in April. This would be my first one and I have never run in my life.

It's kind of scary.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    I'm doing the RunCbus 10 miler April 10 and the Nashville Country Music Half Marathon April 30 and the Cap City Half Marathon May 8.

You forgot Savannah? :)

I am doing
    Oshkosh Half April 16th
    Cellcom Half May 15th
    Bellin 10K June

Probably some other ones too! :)
  • I have a 5k set for March. I'm sure I'll be doing more than that though.
  • craiggq2
    craiggq2 Posts: 12 Member
    I would say to go for it! You will feel fantastic finishing your first 5K!
  • peacemom
    peacemom Posts: 64 Member
    CapCity 1/2 marathon May 7th. :smile:
  • I'm doing the RunCbus 10 miler April 10 and the Nashville Country Music Half Marathon April 30 and the Cap City Half Marathon May 8.

I'm doing Nashville's Half Marathon too!! That's awesome :)
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    I am running the St. Paddy's Day Dash 5K in Dallas on March 12. Then, April 10, I am doing my first sprint triathlon in Flower Mound, TX. I'm sure there will be more to come after that, but nothing official YET.
  • I've got two 5Ks in April.... these will be my second and third. :)

Edit: Suppose I should add what they are.... the Pittsburgh Pirates 5K Home Run on April 9th, and the Pittsburgh Superhero Run on April 30th.
  • craiggq2
    What is everyone's favorite distance race? 5K? 10K? 13.1? 26.2? I like them all but nothing felt as good as 26.2. I have completed two marathons. If I do another one my goal would be to get under 4 hours. When I saw the person on the Biggest Loser do it I was holy crap if they can do it I can!
  • fzyfrog
    Oh, well, true, but I was only counting Spring races :-)
    Oh, and I am also doing a Duathlon is SC in May sometime

In that case I will add:
    Rock N Roll Provident RI Half Marathon: August 7
    Rock N Roll Virginia Beach Half Marathon: Sept 4
    Nationwide Columbus Full Marathon (my first!!): Oct 16
    Rock N Roll Savannah Half Marathon: Nov 5

More races TBD

You forgot Savannah? :)

I am doing
    Oshkosh Half April 16th
    Cellcom Half May 15th
    Bellin 10K June

Probably some other ones too! :)
  • fzyfrog
    Hey Peacemom!! I live in Columbus and am doing the Cap City Half as well! Good luck to you!!
    CapCity 1/2 marathon May 7th. :smile:
  • Im canadian from Quebec (French)

Im running Around th bay in Hamilton, Ontario the oldest run in america the 5k and my husband the 30k !
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    A Red Cross 5k on March 26th will be my first.

And I just signed up for the Warrior Dash on June 11th. Two days after my 39th birthday. :drinker:
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    What is everyone's favorite distance race? 5K? 10K? 13.1? 26.2? I like them all but nothing felt as good as 26.2. I have completed two marathons. If I do another one my goal would be to get under 4 hours. When I saw the person on the Biggest Loser do it I was holy crap if they can do it I can!

Right now, the 5K is fine for me as far as a pure running event. My goal for this year is 2-3 5K races, 3-4 sprint triathlons and MAYBE the Tough Mudder (www.toughmudder.com if you don't know what that is) in October. Then, next year, I may shoot for an Olympic distance tri or two along with a couple of sprints and a couple 5K races or maybe a 10K.
  • craiggq2
    I've got two 5Ks in April.... these will be my second and third. :)

Edit: Suppose I should add what they are.... the Pittsburgh Pirates 5K Home Run on April 9th, and the Pittsburgh Superhero Run on April 30th.

Cool - Martha's Run is in Pittsburgh too if u r ever interested in a good 10K.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Right now I'm looking at a 10 miler on March 12, and the Pittsburgh Marathon in mid May. If my schedule allows I'm going to try and fit a couple other 5 or 10k in there as well.
  • tabbychiro
    tabbychiro Posts: 223 Member
    Soldier Field 10 mile race in May (Chicago)

Maybe a small 5k in June.
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Tri season is coming up. I have 3 sprints and 2 Olympics with a Half Iron Man (Augusta,GA) to round it out...If I can stay healthy! Only run I had coming up was the Charleston Cooper River 10K in April..but my knee isnt holding together really well..so I am doubtful to push for it with tri season coming..
    I Did Nashville full..Its a really well run race! I have Savannah GA full (late fall) and then Big Surr next May (2012) as tenative fulls..
  • I'm doing my first 5k ever on March 6. It's the Edinburgh Meadows Marathon event, and I'm running for charity. I've been working on it since mid-January and now, two weeks before the run, I'm finally starting to feel like I might be able to complete the whole thing. I will be soo proud if/when I do!