what are we eating for breakfast?

Replies

• darling_nickie
    darling_nickie Posts: 117 Member
    Breakfast varies for me...yesterday I made a mushroom omelet with just a sprinkle of italian cheeses on top...sometimes I do mushroom and spinach or just spinach. I will usually have a piece of dry whole wheat toast with this. This morning I had whole wheat toast with a tbsp of hazelnut spread, half a pear (because the kids came picking at my plate lol) and my usual cup of coffee with 2 tbsp of creamer. Most mornings its cereal...usually whole grain or granola style but once in a while I treat myself to something like Honey Bunches of Oats which is neither bad nor great for you (vitamins yes, fiber and whole grains not so much lol).
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    My favorite breakfast is 1 thin slice of canadian bacon and 2 egg whites on a light high-fiber multi-grain english muffin. I have 8 oz. of V8 Fusion (pomagranate/blueberry) to go along with it. Yum!
    I know what you mean about seeing other people's food diarys. I am shocked that alot of that stuff is working for them! I'm so envious when I see people log cheese! (CHEESE??? You eat CHEESE???) But then, losing weight and staying in shape after 40 is a whole different ball game. It's funny how our bodies and metabolism are uniquely our own. I keep odd hours and will sometimes have my breakfast at night.
  • knapowell
    knapowell Posts: 230 Member
    I have this most morning for breakfast, and I love that it keeps me full for hours. Plus it only takes about 10 minutes to make, start to finish.

2-3 slices onion
    1-1/2 cup mushrooms
    2-3 slices tomatoes, diced
    2 cup fresh spinach
    1/2 cup egg substitute
    pepper
    sea salt
    red pepper flakes
    lite sour cream

Cook onion & mushrooms until softened, then add spices, and spinach. Remove veggies from pan. Scramble egg substitute. Top egg with cooked veggies, tomatoes and sour cream.

I also have a cup of coffee with SF creamer & 1 tsp sugar. All for about 270 calories, 7g fat, 33 carbs, 11 protein.
  • Macacadopai
    Macacadopai Posts: 183 Member
    Whole grain rye lingonberry porridge and green tea :)
  • I either have melon and a yogurt, wheatabix with soya milk, or porridge cooked with chopped apple cold the next morning...YUM :)
  • bevyg
    bevyg Posts: 6
    I have never been a breakfast eater. I usually have a cup of coffee and usually nothing else until 10 or 11. I get up at 7. Sometimes, I'll even workout on an empty stomach, except for a few cups of coffee.

Since starting this program, about two weeks ago, I've overcome the not eating breakfast by having a mocha protein shake, made with milk. This replaces my coffee and has an excellent coffee taste. I'm able to drink a cup within 1/2 hour of waking, which I've always done with coffee. I love that. The only habitual change is whipping it up every morning instead of walking to the coffee pot! The best part is, I'm adding 30 grams of protein by combining my Click protein mix with fat free milk. Now some people may think this is not healthy, but trust me, a protein drink full of vitamins and minerals is way better than a cup of coffee.

I've lost 5 pounds in this two time frame. Not sure if this was from this one simple change or what, but I'm liking it! Oh and forgot, I did use an ice pack on my neck last night for two 30 min periods- and hour apart. Supposed to burn fat like mad. Overnite I lost 1.8 pounds.
  • 3LittleMonkeys
    3LittleMonkeys Posts: 373 Member
    Generally it is:

1 egg
    2 egg whites
    piece of ham (not clean eating)
    Mission Corn Tortilla

I will sometimes add in Cilantro or Jalapenos or tomatoes or fresh spinach.

My other breakfast is:

1/2 cup Quaker Old Fashion Oats with less than 1 cup water and a dash of salt.

I eat with 1 tsp of honey and 1 tsp of Best Life Butter. Sometimes I will use Splenda instead of honey. But the Splenda is not a clean food.
  • marber
    marber Posts: 118 Member
    Dorset Cereals muesli with home made yogurt and grated apple.

I vary the muesli and the flavor yogurt from week to week. MY favorite yogurt at the moment is toffee.
  • Usually I eat an Ezekiel Bread 4:9 Sprouted Grain English Muffin with a scrambled egg, give or take one slice of provolone cheese. At least that's what I've been eating lately. I'm about to start eating some oatmeal every once in a while.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    I don't like a proper breakfast, so I've started having my usual coffee, but with sweetener instead, and then about half an hour later a Muller Llight yogurt, and then a couple of hours later I have something more filling.

As from tomorrow that will be beans, veggie bacon or sausage grilled, or beans with toast to up my protein.

Some people may not be entirely 'good' or up to the standards of other members, but maybe they're newer. Like myself. :wink:
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Either oatmeal with cinnamon (unsweetened) and a banana or Kashi cereal with 1% milk and some kind of fruit. If I'm feeling crrrrrraaaaaaazzzzeh I might also have some yoghurt.
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    This morning i had, wholegrain toast (one slice) with avacado instead of margarine with a poached egg on top. Yummy
  • peacemom
    peacemom Posts: 64 Member
    Oatmeal with frozen blueberries (cools my oatmeal) and two cups of coffee with a little sugar and soy creamer.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Lately I've been doing a Chobani Greek Yogurt mixed with a tablespoon of Flax Seeds and 1/3 cup of Kashi. Sometimes I'll match it with a 100% Whole Wheat Thomas English Muffin drizzled with a little bit of honey.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    On weekdays I usually have a slice of toast (homemade rye or homemade whole wheat bread) with peanut butter, half a grapefruit, and a piece of cheese (normally mozzarella because I hate cheddar). Sometimes to change it up a bit I'll have a banana or an apple instead of the grapefruit--if I have the banana I'll normally skip the cheese.

Weekends are a whole 'nother story. We go out for fast food every Saturday morning. I've been trying to find the healthiest possible alternatives on the Timmy's menu and I've shaved the calorie count down from almost 900 to a more reasonable (but still not great) 500ish calories. Honestly, I think my husband would stop being so supportive if we cut out these breakfasts--it's our weekly date where we reconnect and just spend time talking without distractions.

Sundays and holidays, my husband likes to cook a fancy breakfast. This morning it was french toast using homemade bread and real maple syrup. Last week he made whole wheat waffles and the week before, apple cinnamon souffle. When he does that I'm just careful with portion size and cut out some of the extras (like butter on the french toast--totally unneeded) and make sure to catch up on nutrients through the rest of the day. Haven't gone over on calories yet!
  • JHoersten2
    JHoersten2 Posts: 44 Member
    All you oatmeal lovers will despise me.

-Blueberry bagel
    -2 eggs
    -slice of cheddar
    -little cream cheese
    -splash of hot sauce

Sandwich-licious and very messy. That egg never wants to stay in the bagel; I blame the cream cheese lube.

Breakfast is my 'kicker' meal of the day though. Fills me up for half of lunch as well.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    My favorite is sauteed vegetables in scrambled eggs. If I'm in a hurry I'll grab a couple of hard boiled eggs and on weekends my kids do 4-H rifle shooting so we get up super early. My husband makes us sausage links those days so we have a good, protein filled breakfast. Sometimes I notice my fruit/veggies are low for the day so I'll have a green smoothie to fill in the gaps.
  • I eat scrambled eggs (with some kind of meat, cottage cheese and/or fruits) or i eat porridge (barley flour or oatmeal, cooked by yours truly) with some jam or fruit with milk.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    I aim for porrige 2 days a week, scrambled egg (one whole, one white) 2 days, natural yoghurt with flaxseed added 2 days, and something different the other day - very fond of soft boiled egg with asparagus to dip in at weekends, smoked salmon or mackerel every now and again :-)

I was entertaining visitors at the weekend so I had croissants in the house, so I'm using them up at the minute as I can't bear to throw them all out! But they are a very rare indulgence.

I've tried to wean myself of toast/ cereal based breakfast and concentrate on protein instead. And I've swapped my previous orange or grapefruit juice for a tomato/ vegetable based one, or a no sugar cranberry.
  • Hi

I have either 2 scrambled eggs with a slice of burgen bread toasted
    or
    a toasted bagel and a banana

The only processed food I eat now is ham with my lunch