P90X

Replies

• Jenna423
    Jenna423 Posts: 178 Member

Do you know much about the ChaLean Extreme program yet? I just started doing her TurboJam and I heard about that one and I thought about getting that when it comes out.

Connie

It's coming out soon, I can't wait! I'll let you know when it's available. It looks like an awesome new program from Chalene, I love her!

Jess

Me too! I really want to get this program. I just wonder how much of a difference it is compared to P90X. It sounds similar, but I love Chalene...I'd have to go with hers. lol... I hope a date comes out soon. I desperately need to get back on track and I think her new program will be very motivating. Can't wait!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    BIG THANKS to everyone who responded!!!

I get it now - I have the sheets, I just wasn't sure if I should be following the "Classic", "Doubles" or "Lean" - I guess maybe the lean or classic is for me!

I do Jillian Michael's Shred and find it a good workout - is this MUCH harder? Or similar?

A few people have said they are "coaches" - what does that mean exactly?

Thanks again!
    Amanda
    :flowerforyou:
  • licia67
    licia67 Posts: 109

I get it now - I have the sheets, I just wasn't sure if I should be following the "Classic", "Doubles" or "Lean" - I guess maybe the lean or classic is for me!

I do Jillian Michael's Shred and find it a good workout - is this MUCH harder? Or similar?

Thanks again!
    Amanda

I have heard that Classic is the best rotation, due to the fact that muscle burns more fat and the
    Classic rotation has more weight training...
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member

Thanks again!
    Amanda

If you purchase a product from Team Beachbody, you are assigned a coach that can help answer questions, give support, help if you have any customer service problems, and help you with your program! It's free to *Play the game* and you can use the message boards, order products, log your workouts into WOWY (work out with you, the online gym), etc. I have my site listed in my profile, if you're interested in finding out more info!

I don't have any of Jillian's workouts, so I can't compare them to P90X. HTH!

Jess
  • jessmomof3

I have heard that Classic is the best rotation, due to the fact that muscle burns more fat and the
    Classic rotation has more weight training...

I personally prefer the Classic rotation, but other people like the Lean. Classic you do 3 weight training workouts a week as opposed to 2 with the Lean version (although Core Synergistics does have some weights, it's not a *heavy* weight workout).

Jess
  • BIG THANKS to everyone who responded!!!

Thanks again!
    Amanda

If you purchase a product from Team Beachbody, you are assigned a coach that can help answer questions, give support, help if you have any customer service problems, and help you with your program! It's free to *Play the game* and you can use the message boards, order products, log your workouts into WOWY (work out with you, the online gym), etc. I have my site listed in my profile, if you're interested in finding out more info!

Jess

When I bought my p90x last Aug. i didn't get any info on coaches and when I went on line to try the message board I could not access it:noway: I felt alone and struggled
  • AJCM

Thanks again!
    Amanda

Jess

When I bought my p90x last Aug. i didn't get any info on coaches and when I went on line to try the message board I could not access it:noway: I felt alone and struggled

Christine - did you end up doing the workouts? How was the programme? I went to start today, and I wimped out and did Jillian Michael's Shred instead!
    :ohwell:
  • Hello Amanda,
    I'm starting today week 9 and I'm nearing 10 lbs lost and that's not following the nutrition plan (don't whup me). It's an awesome and intense activity & it borderlines on addiction. Lean is designed primarily for ladies who want to sculpt, but I recommend classic which combines resistant and cardio evenly throughout the program.

Be prepared to sweat, be prepared to be sore and be prepared to spend som $$$$$
    DVDs - $115 (+shipping)
    recovery drink - $39.99 (+shipping)
    pullup bar - (59.99 + shipping)
    new clothes after complete body metamorphasis.....pricel

:happy:
  • jessmomof3

Awww, click on my site! I'd love to help you out! Play the game is free membership and if you sign up from my site I'll be your coach!! :bigsmile:

Jess
  • AJCM
    Hello Amanda,
    I'm starting today week 9 and I'm nearing 10 lbs lost and that's not following the nutrition plan (don't whup me). It's an awesome and intense activity & it borderlines on addiction. Lean is designed primarily for ladies who want to sculpt, but I recommend classic which combines resistant and cardio evenly throughout the program.

DVDs - $115 (+shipping)

Thanks for the message!!!! I have the DVD's (a friend gave them to me - she never did it!). I just need the pull up bar (although I can barely do one pull up at the moment!!!).

Good luck and can't wait to see your "after" pics!!
  • Hello Amanda,

DVDs - $115 (+shipping)
    new clothes after complete body metamorphasis.....priceless!

• Hello Amanda,

DVDs - $115 (+shipping)

Thanks for the message!!!! I have the DVD's (a friend gave them to me - she never did it!). I just need the pull up bar (although I can barely do one pull up at the moment!!!).

Good luck and can't wait to see your "after" pics!!

Wow that's a blessing for sure, should have read it all the way through I see. Yep I'm probably going to post pics at day 90.

Thanks and keep us posted.
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    For pull-up bars... the P90X bar is great as long as you have a door frame it'll fit in. It worked at my old apt. but not at the new one, sadly, because the frames are too thick.

I did, however, just pick up The Perfect Pullup at Target... I don't like the grip as much as on the P90X bar, but it'll do for now :)
  • BIG THANKS to everyone who responded!!!

Thanks again!
    Amanda

Jess

Christine - did you end up doing the workouts? How was the programme? I went to start today, and I wimped out and did Jillian Michael's Shred instead!
    :ohwell:

I did do the workouts. they were great. I love them. However I did not get great results due to struggling with fibrmyalgia pain so I was on 2 -4 days off 1 or so weeks. I am healed and have no pain. I am training for a 10 km now and will try to work in p90x also some were.
  • When I bought my p90x last Aug. i didn't get any info on coaches and when I went on line to try the message board I could not access it:noway: I felt alone and struggled

Awww, click on my site! I'd love to help you out! Play the game is free membership and if you sign up from my site I'll be your coach!! :bigsmile:

Jess

Cool Sounds great. I will do that
  • jessmomof3
    I did do the workouts. they were great. I love them. However I did not get great results due to struggling with fibrmyalgia pain so I was on 2 -4 days off 1 or so weeks. I am healed and have no pain. I am training for a 10 km now and will try to work in p90x also some were.

My Mom is doing what she can w/ P90X also, she's also a fibromyalgia sufferer!!! She has her good days and bad days, but the Dr. said that lifting weights was REALLY helping her and she feels much better staying active! I hope to hear from you soon!

Jess
  • Jess girl you look great, I know you've heard this, but it's good to hear it again I'm sure.

I'm going to be a coach after 90 days and I get a good grip on the nutrition guide.
  • jessmomof3
    Jess girl you look great, I know you've heard this, but it's good to hear it again I'm sure.

I'm going to be a coach after 90 days and I get a good grip on the nutrition guide.

Thanks, man!! I appreciate it! You'll make an awesome coach, you know who to ask if you have any questions! :wink:

Jess
  • We'll see Jess, Amanda go for it girl. Let us know, you have a culture of p90x followers on this site and a wealth of knowlegde/experience.
  • AJCM
    We'll see Jess, Amanda go for it girl. Let us know, you have a culture of p90x followers on this site and a wealth of knowlegde/experience.

Thanks! I have yet to start it, but I'm planning on it - trying to get hubby on board! He works out at the gym with his friends (I suspect he will miss the male chit chat)....

:smile: