Hi, I'm Natalie and I'm overweight!

I have been for several years. I have lost large amounts of weight at least twice in my life and here I am again, overweight. The last time was supposed to be the last time. I lost 70lbs in 8 months and kept it off for nearly 3 years. Over the past 4 years I have gained it all back, plus 10 more YIKES!

Not to make excuses, but I have had a ton of stress in my life which I believe has played a part in my weight gain; not eating right an don’t exercising hasn't helped either. I turned 50 last December and I know that my metabolism has changed big time in the last few years. Menopause sucks! Anyway, here I am, again, with 80lbs to loose.

I found and joined "MyFitnessPal" three days ago and am I glad I did! The system is so easy to use and if used daily, it forces you to be accountable for your actions; what you eat and how much exercise you do. I know that this site is going to be an excellent tool to assist me in achieving my goal of 150lbs. How? I am eating right and I am exercising no less than twice a day; morning and evening, for no less than 45 minutes each time. I am doing cardio and weight training. I have lost 5lbs already.

I'm in "weight loss mode" and I won't stop until I achieve my goal and this will be the LAST TIME!

Replies

• I have been for several years. I have lost large amounts of weight at least twice in my life and here I am again, overweight. The last time was supposed to be the last time. I lost 70lbs in 8 months and kept it off for nearly 3 years. Over the past 4 years I have gained it all back, plus 10 more YIKES!

Not to make excuses, but I have had a ton of stress in my life which I believe has played a part in my weight gain; not eating right an don’t exercising hasn't helped either. I turned 50 last December and I know that my metabolism has changed big time in the last few years. Menopause sucks! Anyway, here I am, again, with 80lbs to loose.

I found and joined "MyFitnessPal" three days ago and am I glad I did! The system is so easy to use and if used daily, it forces you to be accountable for your actions; what you eat and how much exercise you do. I know that this site is going to be an excellent tool to assist me in achieving my goal of 150lbs. How? I am eating right and I am exercising no less than twice a day; morning and evening, for no less than 45 minutes each time. I am doing cardio and weight training. I have lost 5lbs already.

I'm in "weight loss mode" and I won't stop until I achieve my goal and this will be the LAST TIME!
  • Hi Natalie,,,I know exactly where u'r coming from . I turned 50 in Aug. & these past few months even b4 the big 50 it seemed like I've been gaining weight overnight. I need to lose almost 100 lbs. so good luck to both of us,,,btw I've lost 3 lbs since finding this site last Friday!! Looking fwd to seeing ur posts &progress,,JoAnn
  • Minerva
    Minerva Posts: 79 Member
    Hi!
    This must be the post menopausal weight gain blog! Boy am I glad I'm not alone! I've lost 20 out of the 50 that I gained from menopause and quitting smoking. My goal is to get that off by June 08.