Vegetarian Pizza

emmyvera
emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
Made a delicious homemade vegetarian pizza last night. Just kinda threw it together and it was awesome. So I thought I'd share the recipe. Is a great way to use up extra veggies, stay healthy and a better alternative to take out pizza!! :happy:

This pizza is only 181 calories a piece and is a good source of fiber.... FYI. I divided the pizza into 10 slices.

1 Pillsbury Pizza Dough Thin Crust (use directions on package for cooking instructions)
Ragu Light Tomato & Basil Sauce 1 1/2 Cups
Fresh Spinach 3-4 Cups
Fresh Mushrooms 3 Cups Sliced
Black Beans 1 Cup (rinsed and drained)
Garlic Cloves 3-4 (I use more because we love garlic!)
Green Onions 4 stalks finely chopped
Large Tomato 1/2 (I cut 5 slices and halve them. This gives me 10 pieces) I lay out each half evenly so I can cut the pizza into 10 even pieces)
Mozzarella Shredded Cheese 1 1/2 cups to sprinkle on top

That's it! YUMMY!!!
I have a photo but I still need to upload and post :tongue:

Replies

• bump-sounds yummy!
  • melkeps
    melkeps Posts: 17 Member
    Sounds a lot like my fav. pizza. I just use red peppers instead of mushrooms.
    You bake the garlic, spinach and onions before you put them on the pizza.
    Best thing ever.

000560800_001_FRAL0908117_300.jpg

AHhhh what am i doing wrong?? Above is the picture of the best pizza ever.. But who can see?
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Made a delicious homemade vegetarian pizza last night. Just kinda threw it together and it was awesome. So I thought I'd share the recipe. Is a great way to use up extra veggies, stay healthy and a better alternative to take out pizza!! :happy:

This pizza is only 181 calories a piece and is a good source of fiber.... FYI. I divided the pizza into 10 slices.

1 Pillsbury Pizza Dough Thin Crust (use directions on package for cooking instructions)
    Ragu Light Tomato & Basil Sauce 1 1/2 Cups
    Fresh Spinach 3-4 Cups
    Fresh Mushrooms 3 Cups Sliced
    Black Beans 1 Cup (rinsed and drained)
    Garlic Cloves 3-4 (I use more because we love garlic!)
    Green Onions 4 stalks finely chopped
    Large Tomato 1/2 (I cut 5 slices and halve them. This gives me 10 pieces) I lay out each half evenly so I can cut the pizza into 10 even pieces)
    Mozzarella Shredded Cheese 1 1/2 cups to sprinkle on top

That's it! YUMMY!!!
    I have a photo but I still need to upload and post :tongue:

Sounds yummy! I might try this but try making some whole wheat pizza dough in my bread machine. And garlic is soooo good for you!