Contemplating

heather214
heather214 Posts: 5
I'm trying to decide wather or not I really need to be on a diet or not. I joined this website about 2 weeks ago and I'm starting to have second guesses. Well, I'm 5'8 and just under 130 lbs Is it necessary for me to even loose any weight?

Replies

• I'm trying to decide wather or not I really need to be on a diet or not. I joined this website about 2 weeks ago and I'm starting to have second guesses. Well, I'm 5'8 and just under 130 lbs Is it necessary for me to even loose any weight?
  • Based on your height I would say NO. Actually for anyone out there if you are comfortable with your body there is no reason to diet. Dieting because you have health issues or because you are more likely to have diabeties or heart disease is something totally different.
  • Thats what I thought...I'm not quite comfortable with my weight and I think that has a lot to do with the media that is out there and how thin most girls are. But thank you for your opinion.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Heather,
    It sounds like you are fine in the weight department to me. However eating healthy is not about being on a diet and being aware of what fuels your body is important. If it helps to just see what you are doing from day to day all the better. I would never steer anyone away from being conscience about what their body is needing and learning to be comfortable with it. I don't know anyone who is comfortable with their body.

Just my thought put in the mix :).
    Eve
  • apaden4
    apaden4 Posts: 137 Member
    I don't think you need to be dieting either, but you can also use this site to just maintain your current weight. And if you are unhappy with your body, I would eat enough calories to maintain your weight, and then start some strength training to tone your body until you are happy with it.
    Just a few thoughts ; )
  • hjcopeland
    hjcopeland Posts: 53 Member
    The term "diet" has been misconstrued by the "weight loss" industry. According to Merriam Webster's Dictionary, diet comes from Greek diaita, literally, "manner of living", from diaitasthai "to lead one's life".

The specific definitions are:
    a : food and drink regularly provided or consumed b : habitual nourishment

Everyone on the planet is "on a diet", because your diet is simply "what you eat".

This site helps you track that - nothing more, nothing less. Whether you should configure your diet to lose, maintain, or even gain weight is entirely up to you.

Good luck!
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    I agree with apaden4.
    You can use this site to maintain your weight and stay healthy.

Give it a try. If it doesn't work for you, just stop.
This discussion has been closed.