JOB OFFER: Accountability Partner -- 2 week gig

1235»

Replies

• WL,

How are you doing? I hope you are staying on track. You have been doing so well. Don't blow it now. Ditto for me.
    I hurt my back doing kickboxing, so I don't know how much exercise I can do this weekend. That is driving me nuts, I am used to working out 6 days a week. I am babying it tonight and hopefully will feel better tomorrow.
    I plan to enjoy a few glasses of wine tonight and probably tomorrow. I know I said that I was only going to drink 1 day this weekend, but I work the next 2 weekends in a row and I would really like to enjoy this weekend. My goal is to not go over more than 100 calories today and tomorrow.

I hope everyone else is staying on track and staying motivated. Did anyone do any extra exercising? I really like this challenge and I hope you will all take it.

Have a great weekend.
    MK
  • HEY, WHERE IS EVERYONE?
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Hi Everyone!

Well these past two days have been really tough. Long days of directing on set in the pouring rain, and no time to work out. The sedentary situation is far, far worse for me -- I find I eat more and eat crappier stuff when I'm sitting down all day as opposed to when I'm running around on my feet with the camera crews. I have a hard time alternating the extreme stress with the extreme boredom (TV production is a LOT of "hurry up and wait!").

I did manage to squeeze in 10 minutes of Pilates in the morning, then 30 minutes of "Yoga For Love Handles" (suggested by another MFP-er on another thread, downloaded it free from an iTunes podcast). So I can cross one more day of yoga off my list.

Tomorrow I'm thinking of Mamakitty again and set two alarms for 5:30am so that I can work out. Tomorrow is by FAR the hardest day (it's when the family comes home and sees the house) and I'm hoping that a good workout in the morning will help keep me on track for the rest of the 20-hour day.

So what I have left is:
    * One more day of yoga
    * Two more days of 500+ calories
    * No candy
    * One more day of drinking (2 drinks max)
    * Also adding in a no cookie, no baked treats clause, after today's downward spiral
  • I hope everything is going well. Check in when you get a chance.
  • hang in there girls, less then one week to go. mama tke care of that back.
  • Thanks jam.
    My back is feeling 80% better. I did some light lifting today, avoiding anything that aggrivated my back. I am going to try to run tomorrow, but will walk if starts to hurt. It is hard trying to exercise when you really don't want to, but it is just as hard to not exercise when you do want to.
    I am attempting to give up my peanutbutter addiction. I am going to restrict myself to 1 tbsp a day when I am at work. I also am not going to have it in the house. PB is just as bad as chocolate for me. Next week I plan to not have any at all.
    I am also going to make a new goal of only weighing myself once a week, on Fridays. I have a tendancy to be a little OCD and I think weighing everyday is not helping. So I am going to be accountable to you all and let you know if I got on the scale.
    Good luck everyone.

MK
  • Thanks jam.
    My back is feeling 80% better. I did some light lifting today, avoiding anything that aggrivated my back. I am going to try to run tomorrow, but will walk if starts to hurt. It is hard trying to exercise when you really don't want to, but it is just as hard to not exercise when you do want to.
    I am attempting to give up my peanutbutter addiction. I am going to restrict myself to 1 tbsp a day when I am at work. I also am not going to have it in the house. PB is just as bad as chocolate for me. Next week I plan to not have any at all.
    Good luck everyone.

MK
    I eat peanut butter everyday it's my only treat right now 2tbsp a day on a rice cake I so look forward to the end of the day and having that treat. Easy on the back.
    well girls where is everyone else?
  • mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    I am here- I am still working a long. I really hate having my ticker stare at me with that 0 because in reality I have gained 8 lbs since I started tracking my cal. (several months ago!)and even though I really try not to let it get to me, it does some days. And it makes me not want to post or be honest about what is really on my mind. Either way- I continue to track just like always and write down everything I eat and keep up with my weight routine where I can feel myself getting stronger which is awesome.

I just find it odd that before when I didnt pay attention to cal or anything- I was 8 lbs less and since I have started I weigh more.....I wonder what that is about?????
  • WL, you are almost through the shoot! You have done really great so far, considering you are away from home and under extreme pressure (no pun intended... but wait, it kinda was...) Keep yourself busy tomorrow to stay away from the junk food, then treat yourself with a couple of drinks at the wrap party. (I don't know if people in TV production actually have wrap parties... but if its anything like radio, the end of a big event is always cause for celebration). You can do it! :wink:
  • WL,
    It sounds like you are a little frustrated about the last couple of days, but compare it to other shoots. Has this one been an improvement. Think of how far you have come.
    Check in when you can. We are all here for you.

I feel really good. My weight has not changed but I am fitting better in my clothes. When my clothes feel too tight, I get very discouraged. So I feel like I am finally getting somewhere. I have been doing well with increasing my exercise time. I have been doing my normal workout in the mornings and then doing a exercise video or two in the evening.
    Good luck everyone. Remember everyday is one day closer to the new you.
  • I am here- I am still working a long. I really hate having my ticker stare at me with that 0 because in reality I have gained 8 lbs since I started tracking my cal. (several months ago!)and even though I really try not to let it get to me, it does some days. And it makes me not want to post or be honest about what is really on my mind. Either way- I continue to track just like always and write down everything I eat and keep up with my weight routine where I can feel myself getting stronger which is awesome.

I just find it odd that before when I didnt pay attention to cal or anything- I was 8 lbs less and since I have started I weigh more.....I wonder what that is about?????
    have you gain your weight in mussle?
  • WL? where are you? you need to check in Missy:) hope you are doing ok, with the shoot.
  • mlillie- how are your clothes fitting since you started tracking? I know you are frustrated, but maybe some of it is muscle gain like Jamdblake said?
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    I am here- I am still working a long. I really hate having my ticker stare at me with that 0 because in reality I have gained 8 lbs since I started tracking my cal. (several months ago!)and even though I really try not to let it get to me, it does some days. And it makes me not want to post or be honest about what is really on my mind. Either way- I continue to track just like always and write down everything I eat and keep up with my weight routine where I can feel myself getting stronger which is awesome.

I just removed my ticker - it wasn't moving and it was hard to look at it each day.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Hi Everybody!

Today is my last day with this shoot and I have to say that overall I'm pretty happy with what I did.

I managed to work out and burn 500+ calories for 8 out of 14 days
    Did yoga 2 out of 14 days (will work on this for next time)
    Had drinks on 2 nights out of 13 (one more than I had hoped to do, but I didn't drink too much and I didn't have a hangover)
    I still ate after 8pm, so I will need to work on this for the next shoot

I feel like I had 3 days out of 14 where I was unhappy with my food choices (1 of those a really bad day where I just couldn't stop eating and I knew I was binging and didn't stop), but 11 days where I did well and stayed on track.

Overall, I am feeling better about this shoot than the last one, and I'm hoping to make the same positive changes plus work on a few of my mis-steps for the next shoot...coming up in one more week.

Some additional changes for the next round:
    ~ There won't be a hotel gym for the next shoot, so I'm going to buy those "aqua-bells" that you can fill with water and use for dumb-bells
    ~ Going to bring better running shoes -- mine were new this round and really pinched
    ~ Going to plan ahead for my flights and will ask catering to fix me something the night before my flight home so I'm not tempted to eat candy and other junk on the plane
    ~ Going to try for more yoga

Oh and P.S. the family that we worked with was AMAZING and this episode is going to be SO GOOD!!!!! Can't wait for you all to see it in November.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to everyone who helped to keep me on track. It made a huge difference to know that I had to be accountable to others for my actions.
  • mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    that is awesome!!!!

Also for the hotel room-
    speakers and a dock for your ipod- not much $$ and totally worth it for yoga classes,etc
    bands- I like the ankle one as well that it a complete loop and you can do leg exercises with it. And also the ones you can do arm exercises with

lunges, squats, jump jumps, jump squats, push ups and chair tri ceps....all are good!

have a safe trip home