looking for W.W. ZERO Pt. SOUP

Does anyone have the recipe to weight watchers zero point soup. I used to have it and can't find it. It is something i haven't made in at least 5 yrs so going from memory is out of the question.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP!!

Replies

• ladyjh578
    ladyjh578 Posts: 207
    Does anyone have the recipe to weight watchers zero point soup. I used to have it and can't find it. It is something i haven't made in at least 5 yrs so going from memory is out of the question.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP!!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    I did a search and found this Zero Point Value Vegetable Soup.

http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/index.aspx?recipeid=99961

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    I looked online and found this one: http://www.recipezaar.com/137014

I'm sure if you just do any veggies, seasonings, and reduced sodium chicken broth you'll be fine.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    3 cups nonfat beef broth or nonfat vegetable broth or nonfat chicken broth (beef is the best)
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    1 tablespoon tomato paste
    2 cups chopped cabbage
    1/2 yellow onion
    1/2 cup chopped carrots
    1/2 cup green beans
    1/2 cup chopped zucchini
    1/2 teaspoon basil
    1/2 teaspoon oregano
    salt & pepper

Not the one? See other 0 Point Weight Watchers Cabbage Soup Recipes
    < 60 mins Main Dish
    Low Protein Main Dish
    Carrots Main Dish
    Savory Main Dish
    Spray pot with non stick cooking spray saute onions carrots and garlic for 5 minutes.
    Add broth, Tomato paste, cabbage, green beans, basil, oregano and Salt & Pepper to taste.
    Simmer for a about 5-10 minutes until all vegetables are tender then add the zuccini and simmer for another 5 or so minutes.
    I have tried different variations. Leaving out green beans. Adding chopped green onions in addition to the yellow onion.
    All very good. You can customise it a bit.
    --Diann... :flowerforyou:
  • ladyjh578
    ladyjh578 Posts: 207
    THANKS EVERYONE.
  • Healthier_Me
    Very welcome

• deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    I beg my mom every winter to make me a batch of that soup, she's been on weight watchers for years and I freeze it up. I love it and it is just full of goodness.
  • alwaysenl
    alwaysenl Posts: 197 Member
    I love that soup! It is sooo good. My mom used to make it all the time when I was still living at home. I miss it. So yummy for something so healthy! Even my 2 and 4 year old boys eat it up when she makes it and they are over. Hmm...maybe I should try making it myself sometime :smile:
  • amandastamey
    amandastamey Posts: 67 Member
    Healthy choice came out with a 0 pt soup called southwestern vegetable or something of that type and it is soooo good! The soup is endorsed by Weight Watchers so it will actually have the 0 point pasted right on the can!:bigsmile: Its kinda expensive when all there really is is carrots, tomatos, a little bit of black beans and corn but its got a yummy flavor and makes me think Im eating something really fattening but its not!
  • Healthier_Me
    Here are 3 more zero point soups:

Plum Tomato Cabbage Soup

(1/5th recipe: 36 calories/ 0g fat/ 480mg sodium/ 7.5g carbs/ 1.5g fiber/ 5g sugars/ 1.5g protein = 0 Points!)

Ingredients:

6 plum tomatoes; chopped

4 cups fat-free vegetable broth

2 cups chopped green cabbage

*Optional ingredients: salt, pepper, SPLENDA, FRANK'S RedHot, TABASCO Pepper Sauce (Garlic or original), garlic salt

Directions:

In a large pot sprayed with nonstick spray, place chopped tomatoes along with any juice and seeds. Cook over medium heat for 2 – 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add broth and cabbage, and raise heat to high. Once soup reaches a boil, reduce heat to low and cover. Allow soup to simmer for 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and any of the other optional ingredients. Enjoy! Makes 5 generous 1-cup servings.

Be creative… Adding an ounce of raisins or a package of (drained, rinsed, & cut) Tofu Shirataki noodles to the recipe only bumps it up to 1 Point! Mmmmmm…

1/5th recipe with raisins: 53 calories/ 0g fat/ 480mg sodium/ 12g carbs/ 2g fiber/ 8g sugars/ 1.75g protein = 1 Point

1/5th recipe with noodles: 44 calories/ 0.4g fat/ 485mg sodium/ 9g carbs/ 3g fiber/ 5g sugars/ 2g protein = 1 Point
    Chinese Shoestring Soup

(1/4th recipe: 32 calories/ 0g fat/ 515mg sodium/ 5.5g carbs/ 1.5g fiber/ 3g sugars/ 2.5g protein = 0 Points!)

Ingredients:

4 cups fat-free broth; vegetable, chicken, or beef

3 medium-sized scallions

1 small carrot

1 small zucchini

1/2 medium-sized red pepper

1 tsp. light/ low-sodium soy sauce

*Optional: 4 lemon wedges

Directions:

Begin by cutting all veggies (scallions included) into matchstick-sized strips (use a vegetable shredder if you have one!). In a large pot, combine all ingredients except for the scallions (and lemon wedges). Bring to a boil. Once soup has reached a boil, reduce to medium heat (a low boil) and add scallions. Cook for approximately 5 minutes, until veggies are limp. If desired, serve with lemon wedges for a citrus-y touch. Makes four 1-cup servings.

Be creative… At just 1 Point a serving, turn this into Shoestring Egg Flower Soup! To do so, pour 2 large egg whites into a container with a spout (like a measuring cup). Once soup has cooked for 5 minutes at medium heat, remove from heat and VERY slowly pour in egg whites while VERY quickly stirring in one direction. The result will be gorgeous bursts of egg bits in your yummy shoestring soup!

1/4th recipe with egg whites: 41 calories/ 0g fat/ 545mg sodium/ 6g carbs/ 1.5g fiber/ 3g sugars/ 4g protein = 1 Point
    Pumpkinlicious Veggie Soup

(1/5th recipe: 35 calories/ 0g fat/ 400mg sodium/ 6.5g carbs/ 2g fiber/ 3.5g sugars/ 2g protein = 0 Points!)

Ingredients:

4 cups fat-free broth; vegetable or chicken

1/2 cup canned pure pumpkin

1 small zucchini

1 1/2 cups chopped celery

1 medium-sized red pepper

*Optional: salt and pepper; to taste

Directions:

Cut pepper and zucchini into large chunks. In a large pot, stir to combine broth and pumpkin. Add celery and cook on high heat. After a few minutes (once soup is hot but not yet boiling), add zucchini and peppers. Once soup has reached a boil, reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes, or until veggies are tender. Add salt and pepper, if desired, and dig in! Makes five 1-cup servings.

Be creative… Toss in a half of a cup each of canned corn kernels and black beans for the last few minutes of cooking. With the addition of these Southwest-inspired ingredients, each serving is just 1 Point!

1/5th recipe with corn and black beans: 71 calories/ 0.5g fat/ 480mg sodium/ 14g carbs/ 3.5g fiber/ 4g sugars/ 4g protein = 1 Point
    HG Heads Up! To reduce the sodium in these soups, seek out low-sodium or salt-free broth.

Here's the link:
    http://www.hungry-girl.com/week/weeklydetails.php?isid=976