Feeling cold??

Options
I loooove the food diary! I'm over my calorie goals by approx. 300 cal/day but to be honest, I'm not sweating it right now.....because I'm realizing I must have been eating like a ba-jillion calories a day!:tongue: At any rate, to save furnace oil, we've always turned back the heat at night by about three degrees. Well, the last few nights, I've been getting up to turn it back up again. Last night, I just left it on! It dawned on me today, that I've been feeling cold since I've begun counting calories and excercising more. My hands a freezing right now!

I asure you I'm eating well and excercising moderately, it's cold out, but nothing particularly cold or unseasonal.. Is my feeling cold a result of calorie cutting or is it just a coincidence?

Replies

• erin83070
    erin83070 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I loooove the food diary! I'm over my calorie goals by approx. 300 cal/day but to be honest, I'm not sweating it right now.....because I'm realizing I must have been eating like a ba-jillion calories a day!:tongue: At any rate, to save furnace oil, we've always turned back the heat at night by about three degrees. Well, the last few nights, I've been getting up to turn it back up again. Last night, I just left it on! It dawned on me today, that I've been feeling cold since I've begun counting calories and excercising more. My hands a freezing right now!

I asure you I'm eating well and excercising moderately, it's cold out, but nothing particularly cold or unseasonal.. Is my feeling cold a result of calorie cutting or is it just a coincidence?
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    hmmm I'm not sure...lol I always thought exercising made people warmer, circulates the blood better, etc...I'm usually hot all day if I exercise in the morning and that's after a shower and everything!
  • littlespoon
    Options
    I just had a read on some journal articles and they talk about exercise affecting iron stores. I know if you're low in iron then you can feel cold more.
    Google "iron stores and exercise" (the journals I am looking at are not publicly viewable) and have a read around and see what you think
    Hope that helps...
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    feel the same way. I work out quite a bit (over 2 hours today). I wouldn't worry about it. Being cold burns more calories (just a little more, nothing to write home about).
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I didn't used to get cold until a certain age, now I feel like I'm cold all day for no good reason. Hands and feet usually.

I don't think you have anything to worry about, and like mary said, being cold forces your body to heat up and burn calories!!