Does this sound right?

Options
I went to a harbor festival today in town, we were there for 3 hours. We were on our feet the entire time, mostly mostlylong distances (we parked a mile away) but stopped or slowed down occasionally to look at stuff. I put 2.0 mph, as a slow pace just so I dont eat too many calories that I didnt really burn off.. for 3 hours, it says I burned 850 calories! That seems really high. Think it sounds accurate?

Replies

• jenninsocal
    Options
    I went to a harbor festival today in town, we were there for 3 hours. We were on our feet the entire time, mostly mostlylong distances (we parked a mile away) but stopped or slowed down occasionally to look at stuff. I put 2.0 mph, as a slow pace just so I dont eat too many calories that I didnt really burn off.. for 3 hours, it says I burned 850 calories! That seems really high. Think it sounds accurate?
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    If it were me I would log 1/2.

:flowerforyou: I walk 2 miles in 30 minutes with an HRM and I burn approx 300 cals.

It seems a bit high for slow pace. some of that 3 hrs you were stopped looking at stuff right?

Any way hope this helps!
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    since you were not walking the WHOLE TIME that you put in, it might not be. I normally trim about half of the time off for things like that just to be on the safe side
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    Ok thanks for the replies

I think I will set it to 1.5 hours just to be safe!
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    dont forget to substract the calories you would have been burning if you were to have seatted at home all day...

to me that equals to about 80 cal an hour,,, over 3 hours that quite a bit, also i tend to believe that the mfp count for calories burned is higher then reality,,, fo i would put about half of that like arewethereyet is suggesting...

may