Ab muscles...and measurements??

I have been doing Tony Horton's Great Abs Guarnteed...and i have to say it works great!! My abs are definately way more defined than ever! Here's my ? I took measurements on my waist this morning, and i have gained inches...not lost!!! Any help????

Replies

• carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    I have been doing Tony Horton's Great Abs Guarnteed...and i have to say it works great!! My abs are definately way more defined than ever! Here's my ? I took measurements on my waist this morning, and i have gained inches...not lost!!! Any help????
  • You are gaining muscle and losing fat. Congrats!!!
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    also keep in mind TOM... You could be bloated. Also if you have recently worked those muscles, they can retain fluids while they recover. How many inches are we talking here?
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    When you work your muscles, they swell, due to inflammation and fluid retention (you know how guys lift some weights before they go to the beach so their muscles pop?).

Keep at it, and as you lose fat, the inches will come off!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Sexythighz
    Sexythighz Posts: 159 Member

I agree Great Ab Guaranteed is great! The extra inches you mentioned is most likely due to water retention. I get such a great burn with that routine!

Steph
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Thanks everyone....i measured on my belly button and it was up, about 1.5 inches...but looking in the mirror i can see the defination, and i can actually complete the whole workout now(without feeling like my abs are going to pop!!) so i know the muscle is there...i just didn't understand why it would be a gain in inches...so THANK U everyone for the response!!!! :heart: Cara