Question from a couple of calorie counting newbs.

wardogg
wardogg Posts: 7
edited November 2023 in Health and Weight Loss
Greetings fellow calorie counters. Me and my wife joined the site recently and have been having fun figuring out our daily calorie intakes with the goal of losing a pound a week. Now granted its only been 3 days since we have been no kidding counting each and every calorie that goes in but my wife seems to have a concern already. She is eating maybe 100 - 300 fewer calories than the recommended amount and walking 4.5 miles a day(which is a normal thing for her...she has been doing that for a while.) But in the three days of the "reduced" calorie amount shes gain 1 pound while I have gone down 1 pound. My question is did anyone else immediately go up before the pounds started going down?

Replies

• Greetings fellow calorie counters. Me and my wife joined the site recently and have been having fun figuring out our daily calorie intakes with the goal of losing a pound a week. Now granted its only been 3 days since we have been no kidding counting each and every calorie that goes in but my wife seems to have a concern already. She is eating maybe 100 - 300 fewer calories than the recommended amount and walking 4.5 miles a day(which is a normal thing for her...she has been doing that for a while.) But in the three days of the "reduced" calorie amount shes gain 1 pound while I have gone down 1 pound. My question is did anyone else immediately go up before the pounds started going down?
  • hannah
    hannah Posts: 22 Member
    Hi I read that this is normal ,if you search the net you will see that your wife is on the right track. It has also happened to me and after over a month I am starting to lose the lbs.,before I was losing inches only so I'm glad the lbs. are less. Good luck it's an awesome sight......
  • apaden4
    apaden4 Posts: 137 Member
    Also, (I don't think it would happen after only 3 days) but if your wife is eating less than 1200 calories it may be harder for her to lose weight than if she ate the recommended amount. Her body could go into starvation mode, and turn every calorie it can into fat.
    She should really try to eat the recommended number of calories
    Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.