Turbo Jam

Alright I'm new to fitnesspal and well I normally walk about 2miles a day however today I thought I would change it up and do some turbo jam cardio jam. Well I only lasted 15mins. Im sweeting like I have never sweeted before. It says it goes for another 1/2 hour I can't even imagine lasting that much longer. Im getting the Jillian Michaels DVD here pretty soon and I want to be able to work out to that but if i can't do turbo jam am I going to be able to do the Jillian workout. :grumble:

Replies

• j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Alright I'm new to fitnesspal and well I normally walk about 2miles a day however today I thought I would change it up and do some turbo jam cardio jam. Well I only lasted 15mins. Im sweeting like I have never sweeted before. It says it goes for another 1/2 hour I can't even imagine lasting that much longer. Im getting the Jillian Michaels DVD here pretty soon and I want to be able to work out to that but if i can't do turbo jam am I going to be able to do the Jillian workout. :grumble:
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    You CAN do Turbo Jam, it just may take some building up. To improve you must first fail. So, press "pause" when you need to, and then get back in it.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    You CAN do Turbo Jam, it just may take some building up. To improve you must first fail. So, press "pause" when you need to, and then get back in it.

I still press pause with Jillian and Bob and most cardios. You can't be able to do it all in one fail swoop the first time if you really need to be able to do it.

Keep on trying!!! You'll only improve!
  • TaraJ16
    TaraJ16 Posts: 304
    TJ totally kicked my *kitten* the first couple of times as well. Then i got into the habit of doing it everyday and it was like nothing.

i stopped dieting and exercising altogether a while ago though, and now i'm jumping back on the horse, and am going to start tj again!
  • Turbo Jam is sooo much fun!! It took me a few times to make it through a whole tape!! And that was when I was in pretty good shape...about two years ago...EEK. I did turbo on Saturday for the first time in a long time...although I made it through the whole 33 mins, my back is still sore...lol. (good sore, not bad sore)

Anyone interested in starting a TurboJam group...doing it like 3 or 4 times a week? See if we can shed this icky fat!

Just a thought. :)
  • j_g4ever
    I would be interested in starting a Turbo Jam group. I will get all the support I can. Even if I can only do 15 mins.
  • Lol you are too funny!!! With two of my other groups I weigh in on Tuesdays...do you want to start tomorrow??

Turbo Jammin 4 workouts a week??
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Sure, I'd join a Turbo Jam group! :)
  • j_g4ever
    my weigh in days are on wed. however I will start turbo jam tomorrow. This will be fun.
  • Ok I'll start a new thread inviting people if they want to join in. :)