need idea help

ok so i'm planning on loosing body fat so i need a reduced calorie intake so as most of you know i need to plan my meals this way. I live with my Boyfriend and hes has 6% body fat and wants to gain like 20lbs. My delema is cooking for the two of us. i'm at a loss because in order to cook i make regular stuff but end up eating like say a cup of stirfry but i'm STARVING. and hes plesently full. anyone have ideas or suggestions???

Replies

• ok so i'm planning on loosing body fat so i need a reduced calorie intake so as most of you know i need to plan my meals this way. I live with my Boyfriend and hes has 6% body fat and wants to gain like 20lbs. My delema is cooking for the two of us. i'm at a loss because in order to cook i make regular stuff but end up eating like say a cup of stirfry but i'm STARVING. and hes plesently full. anyone have ideas or suggestions???
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    You do not have to make meals for everyone in the house. Just one would be fine.
    Do the same meal you where planning on, Make it as healthy as you want.
    He eats twice as much to 3 times as much as you. You take a bite, Enjoy the food, Ask him a question, Wait for answer, When you have answer take another bite, repeat. till you feel full. If done right you will still have food on your plate.
    He will gain, you will lose.
    It goes without saying that women can or at least SHOULD think about what they are eating it as we do, The feelings the textures the taste the pleasure that ONE bite gave us. Where as men are not as prone to think the way we do.
    If we thought about how we eat as much as we do the shoes and outfits we buy, There would not be a heavy women on the planet.
    I like to watch SOME men eat, I find it commical. :wink: GROSS, but COMMICAL!
    But I digress, I am thinking that from what you said that his stomach is smaller then yours
    Do not take that wrong, I mean INSIDE! and it does not take as much food to fill him as yours.
    NOT to MENTION you might be more ACTIVE then him! Meaning that you in fact NEED more CALORIES!
    --Diann...
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    You don't need to necessarily eat less calories but you do need to eat lean protein and avoid fattier foods. I have to tell you, my mother was a ballet dancer and had the same mentality about food that you seem to have and after years of starving and eatting minimal foods and eatting healthy foods but in small unhealthy portions this has completely messed up her metabolism and now she struggles to loose an ounce. You need to figure this out now rather than later and get a grip, personally I think you need to let your boyfriend worry about his own food and get yourself to see a doctor or nutritional counselor that can help you realize what you need to do to achieve your goals.

And....what is your body fat percentage now?
  • erin83070
    erin83070 Posts: 78 Member
    Hi there, I face this dailyand you get used to it! My son is on a high fat high calorie diet and I am not! My husband and daughter have healthy appetites but are active and have no special dietary needs. I try to make meals that are adaptable so I don't wind up making three different meals since that would be ridiculous. A pasta dinner with marinara is a good example. I have whole wheat with a little sauce, no cheese, hubby and daughter have whole wheat or regular pasta, whichever is on the go, normal portions of low fat cheese and sauce. My son gets regular pasta, and and extra cheese.
    Chicken, same idea, mine is plain, I bread theirs and my little guy can have dressing on his, like a low fat ranch style.

'Piggybacking' is also a good idea for weight gainers. Have a tablespoon of ice cream with your fruit! Throw some raisins in your oatmeal, nuts and seeds are great with vegetables and my son loves cheese on everything. The trick for us, is to make the changes small, so that when we're on maintenance, the additions or subtractions to your diet aren't horribly noticeable.